View Full Version : 2000 HE - alternative look - they work as thay are :D

Akuma
02-04-2005, 18:59
1 Archmage @ 326 Pts
Magic Level 4; Ithilmar Barding
Seer [30]
Jewel of the Dusk [15]
1 Elf Steed

The bad boy of the army - chooses best lore - suited for the enemy and the spells to fit opponent army selection

1 Mage 180 Pts
Magic Level 2
Seer [30]
Dispel Scroll [20]

Same as above but tends to go High magic and support - but in certain cases may wll use something diffrent

1 Mage 180 Pts
Magic Level 2
Ring of Fury [30]
Dispel Scroll [20]
Pure of Heart [0]

Goes for lore of fire and hopes for some offensive spells to bust up his ring of furry killing capability

10 Archers 120 Pts

Interesting but thay realy seem to work as screen and screening units hunters ( furies warhunds and so on and so on )

10 Silver Helms 265 Pts
Barding; Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician; Captain

General goes here but only as long as he can avoid direct combat - this reg shall be used in conjunction with chariot - it provides rank and standar ( and SOMETIMES outnumber ) and chariot provide the kills.

24 First SpearElves @ 319 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Standard Bearer; Musician; Captain
Lion Standard

Main combat guys - immune to psych ( mage with pure of hart goes here ) - costly reg but with amgic support can hold his own in combat ( mainly by lowering WS skills to 1 via spells or let the unit reroll 1 and so on and so on ). Held at beck behind stand and shooting archers - so i can respond to overunn by a charge of my own from diffent reg.

15 Swordmasters 275 Pts
Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Standard; Musician; Bladelord
Banner of Sorcery

Ok I'm not going to lie there are here mostly for the banner BUT they make best low T infantry killers - there arent anything better at killing not spear wilidng infantry - and thay mostly support spear elves.

1 Tiranoc Chariot 85 Pts

Used to deal with flankers and for charging with silver helms

1 Great Eagles 50 Pts

Only there for march denying - and great at it - also hunt warmashines sometimes and elements that can deal with lone characters on the battlefild ( more on that below )

2 Repeater Bolt Thrower 200 Pts

The obligatory choice in all HE armys AND cool to and fit the army composition.

Casting Pool: 11

Dispel Pool: 6

Models in Army: 70

Total Army Cost: 2000

Small compact HE force - where magic is for support 12 to 14 dice a turn is nothing to sneez at.

Tactical plan: Almost 700 pts is put into characters and more then half of it in 18" moving mage - the plan is to in the first place kill all possible threats to him - so warmashines skirmishers and stuff - this can be accomlished by comets , stone masters , and so on and so on - when this is done the rest concentrates on weekening enemy main units and oblitarating support units. To buy up time I use Eagle ( but don't fly him in fornt of bolt throwers :/ ) and spells that halve my opponents M value to break his line - most wanted situation is to let enemy advance close to my Silver helms and chariot units and and slow their march on the other flank - with this accomplished i try to smash this exposed and unsopported one close to my with combination of silvers and the chariot. Then Get my mage behid enemy lines and if enemy has no means of capturing him ( and this is not easy with 18" movment ) I'll have victory right in my pocket.

One remark - this list is deisgned to fight aginst other BALANCED TOURNEY LISTS - not cheese powergaming ones ( I have my chaos lord dragon army for this kind of tourneys :D )

Major Defense
03-04-2005, 17:13
Why get the seer honor with the mage taking heavens magic? You'd better benefit from it on the fire mage because heavens mages always want 2nd Sign of Amul to pimp out chariot charges. Come to think of it, why take seer on the archmage? For 20 points less you could take the Silver Wand and have 5/6 spells from your chosen lore.

Why no standard with the Silver Helms when you can't guarantee that they will be involved in a combat along with your spearmen and swordmasters who have a standard? You said that this is a balanced list for tournaments but you have no character to deal with a Chaos Lord or other hard-hitting enemy heroes. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but I think that there are a couple of big holes in this plan that can be patched up very easily.

Akuma
03-04-2005, 17:36
Why get the seer honor with the mage taking heavens magic

Because he doesnt always use haven - most of the time he uses light or life and thats where picking spells come in handy - and when he does take haven its mostly for comet and urnanons. For those 1+as models.

Come to think of it, why take seer on the archmage

Because there are specific lores that you need exactly some combination of spells from and having one more but one random is far worse than heving for witch you choosen

Why no standard with the Silver Helms when you can't guarantee that they will be involved in a combat along with your spearmen and swordmasters who have a standard?

hmmmm - read more cerfully

10 Silver Helms 265 Pts
Barding; Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician; Captain

You said that this is a balanced list for tournaments but you have no character to deal with a Chaos Lord or other hard-hitting enemy heroes

Oh but what those hereos can do to me ??? 1 if there is Lord on Dragon i have by magic and arrow attraction shooting + rerolls form second sigil good chance of bringing it down - And in other armys that doesnt run dragon in 2000 ( doing it is not balanced and fair play in any aspect - btw i play chaos army myself ;) ) he will be in a unit and i can very much alter my pre game spell sellection to slow this unit as much as possible and by fast contingent smash some supporting units then concentrate on threathing the flanks of this unit and popper it with arrows and stuff while slowing it down.