PDA

View Full Version : Question on a Skarsnik Rule

Moe
15-11-2006, 00:30
Regarding Skarsniks "Sneaky Schemes" rule, you roll before deployment for each enemy unit to see if it can be deployed normally.

I don't think this would mean you get to know what units are in the other army right? In other words, how would you work this out. I'm thinking rolling for a unit at a time going down the opponents list from top to bottom (without looking at his list), and he can just put a check next to a unit if affected.

The only other way I can think of is when the opponent deploys a unit, make the roll at that time (but this wouldn't really be before deployment).

How are you guys playing this?

(Normally I wouldn't use a special character, but I like the model and would eventually like to do a mainly Night Goblin force!)

MadJackMcJack
15-11-2006, 02:39
Why wouldn't you know what stuff your opponent has? He has to put it out on the table! He plonks all of his stuff on the table into their units, then you roll for each unit (I think characters have to be assigned to a unit first, with single characters rolling seperatly. Not sure on this), then you start deployment.

T10
15-11-2006, 08:47
It's a trust issue. I don't wan't to have to check my opponent's paperwork to make sure he doesn't cheat, even if he invites me to do so.

I'd prefer to roll for each unit as arranged, not checking off on a list.

-T10

Gorbad Ironclaw
15-11-2006, 09:03
I'm with MadJack. You put the army on the table to present it to your opponent, roll for it there, and then you deploy anything that isn't sent off the table.

Tutore
15-11-2006, 09:13
Or you could say to the opponent to put a number on his units on his army list, then say "I roll for unit 1" and so on. If you want to keep armies secret until full deployment. Oh, how I hate playing special characters.

Milgram
15-11-2006, 10:08
oh yeah, bring back the times when everyone had two armylists, one to show the opponent and one for themselves with all the secret stuff on it.

armylists are normally held secret. usually we don't even tell each other how many units we have - just for the fun of surprising army lists. :) (3k khemri with 4 units for deployment anyone? :))

Yaffar
15-11-2006, 10:26
if you have to roll for each unit before deployment, then you also have to roll for each single charakter... after that he can join a unit... or hes late

On the bretonnian side of the Battlefield
-wheres the General, the Battle just have started ?
-i think he forgets his shield in the tent
-oh, not again, ********** shemes !

druchii
15-11-2006, 18:03
Why wouldn't you know what stuff your opponent has? He has to put it out on the table! He plonks all of his stuff on the table into their units, then you roll for each unit (I think characters have to be assigned to a unit first, with single characters rolling seperatly. Not sure on this), then you start deployment.

Sorry,
where does it say that my opponent gets to see what's in my army list before I put it down on the table?

I've never seen a rule like this, ever. We've always played(properly, I think) that your opponent doesn't get to know what anything is untill it's on the board, or being used.

d

Lord Zarkov
15-11-2006, 18:59
usually though you would put all your models on the table before setting them up for convenience's sake

enyoss
15-11-2006, 19:27
Don't you need to specify how many units you have to see who deploys the first unit... or his this rule disappeared in 7th edition? I'd say you opponent should simply put all units out beforehand and then just go down the line rolling a dice for each.

Cheers,

enyoss

jullevi
16-11-2006, 01:38
Don't you need to specify how many units you have to see who deploys the first unit... or his this rule disappeared in 7th edition?

I'm not sure if 6th edition had such rule either. But anyway, there is no need for such rule in 7th as there is no choice of "who deploys first" - the player rolling the highest always starts deployment (and chooses the deployment zone by deploying his first unit).