PDA

View Full Version : Multiple attacks & weapons

Feor
15-11-2006, 06:16
Fairly newbie question, but I can't seem to figure it out from the big rulebook, so asking seems like the best bet.

If I have a hero model with multiple attacks (specific to this question, an Ogre Bruiser with 4 attacks)and give him a Cathayan Longsword from his unit entry, then a Sword of Battle as part of his magic equipment alotment, does he get 4 attacks with the bonuses of the longsword and one with just his regular stats, or 5 attacks with the Catayan bonuses, or... something else?

I find myself very confused by this... :confused:

gambitds
15-11-2006, 06:36
It is said under the section Magic Weapons :
"A character that has a magic close combat weapon cannot use any other close combat weapons, although it can carry a shield as normal.

so in your example; he would have 5 attacks(4+1) with his base strength, that he can't use catayhan swrod any time.

Tutore
15-11-2006, 08:08
Exactly: if you use a magic weapon (if you bought it, you must use it) you cannot use any other melee weapon. No cathayan bonus then.

Pravus
16-11-2006, 11:47
Unless someone breaks your magic weapon of course! Generally though its a waste of points taking a magical and a mundane weapon upgrade.

Feor
16-11-2006, 16:06
hmm, ok. Looks like that's not going to work so well then.

thanks guys.