PDA

View Full Version : Another favourite 2000pt High Elf army

enyoss
15-11-2006, 16:37
Hi,

Well, the comments on my previous list were pretty encouraging... and to think I had so many people down as powergamers too. Shame on me :).

So, since my previous list has descended to the murky depths of Page 2 and beyond, I feel ready to drop another list for appraisal. Same goes with this one as before; I've played with it a few times and really I'm not looking to change it. The idea is to give you a better idea of where I'm coming from when I make suggestions on your stuff. Still, suggestions are welcome and ones I like will see it into the list. On with the list...

229 - Prince, Blade of Sea Gold, Armour of the Gods, Guardian Phoenix
380 - 30 Spearmen, Full Command, War Banner

114 - Commander, Great Axe, Armour of Protection
149 - Battlestandard, Sword of Might, Helm of Fortune, Talisman of Protection, heavy armour
332 - 19 White Lions, Full Command, Lion Standard, Blessed Tome

180 - Lvl 2 Mage, Annullian Crystal, Channeller

152 - 6 Silverhelms, Champion

152 - 6 Silverhelms, Champion

108 - 6 Reavers

200 - 2 Repeater Bolt Throwers

(2 Eagles removed)
--------------
1996 points

Let the mud slinging commence...

Cheers,

enyoss

EDIT: ***** UPDATED LIST ON PAGE 2 *****

Fhoen
15-11-2006, 17:12
hmmz too litle magic :(
but it'll maybe work...
(would have liked more magic in it tho :p)

Ender Shadowkin
15-11-2006, 17:59
Personnally,I Like my Chrace themed lists to be led by a prince on a griffen with a lion cloak :)

Again, I Like to have more shooting, and always have 2 repeaters. It seams like I need to have them both target a threat in the same turn to eliminate it in a timely fashion, and similary, the mage would need at least one scroll in my neck of the woods, but you've hear that before ;)

So . . . can you drop the spearelves to 29? or 28? A couple of those heroes are going to end in there right? Plus with the new rules the BSB gets another +1 combat res, so you can add another notch to your static combat res.

The lion cloak must be somewhere, or else you have 3 rares . . . on the Prince I think? He would be good in the spear elves, and then your hoping for one of the other commanders to be general so the white lions are stuborn too? Sounds good.

I think your overall unit count looks low, I'd probably drop the axe commander to fit in another unit, or mage. Shadow warriors would be nice. If not just for a missle screen on one of those big units. Or perhas another small silver helm unit. Two side by side would keep some fire away from those big blocks, leaving the third for flank attacks or missle troop hunting.

enyoss
15-11-2006, 18:21
The lion cloak must be somewhere, or else you have 3 rares

That is really embarrassing :o. As a quick fix I've dropped the Eagles for another Bolt Thrower. Problem is that leaves me with too few units in my opinion... mmm, I need to rethink this one.

The lion cloak must be somewhere, or else you have 3 rares . . . on the Prince I think? He would be good in the spear elves, and then your hoping for one of the other commanders to be general so the white lions are stuborn too? Sounds good.

That's kind of the plan... but without the Lion Cloak bit :). That spearmen unit with a Prince doesn't usually need to be stubborn. Also, I like using the magic weapons if I can (I like that limited edition Elf Prince model) which means taking Armour of the Gods which doesn't leave enough points for Lion Guard.

I think your overall unit count looks low, I'd probably drop the axe commander to fit in another unit, or mage.

I would take another Mage but it's too risky considering the mainstay of the line is the stubborn White Lion unit. They don't stay stubborn for long when that wimp gets tonked out of the front rank. The role of the Commander is to protect either the Mage or the Battlestandard in the White Lions should they be general.

To be honest, the major weakness in this list is my insistence on using the White Lions... their expense implicates them in a prominent role but Intrigue at Court make this role difficult to plan. Still, I like them so they stay!

Personnally,I Like my Chrace themed lists to be led by a prince on a griffen with a lion cloak :)

I'm not really trying for a themed list. I see the White Lions being bodyguards for all kinds of nobles, not just the Chracian ones.

Cheers to you both for the comments,

enyoss

Ender Shadowkin
15-11-2006, 19:44
To be honest, the major weakness in this list is my insistence on using the White Lions... their expense implicates them in a prominent role but Intrigue at Court make this role difficult to plan. Still, I like them so they stay!

Yeah, that's why I can never end up fielding a list with big blocks of the elites. It just really cuts down on the overall number of units. I tend to end up with units of 10 (swordmaster and or White lions) with limited command for flanking and counter charging

I suppose I just need to try it . . .

enyoss
15-11-2006, 20:21
I find Swordmasters are fine in big blocks... it's just that bloody Intrigue that throws things a bit for the poor old Lions. I'm averse to using elites as flankers as it usually takes more than one unit and I dislike fielding more than one type of elite infantry (I just don't like the idea that White Lions and Swordmasters would turn up to such a small battle). Basically, when playing Warhammer I do so with a huge self made rod down my back :).

Cheers,

enyoss

Teach
15-11-2006, 20:33
Nice list. Go for it

Arhalien
15-11-2006, 20:40
Also, I like using the magic weapons if I can (I like that limited edition Elf Prince model) which means taking Armour of the Gods which doesn't leave enough points for Lion Guard.

Which limited edition model is this? Any chance of a pic/link? Thanks if you can.

I'm personally not sure about 30 spearelves in a unit, and i do agree that there is a slight lack of magic in there, but otherwise, looks good.

enyoss
15-11-2006, 21:01
It was the Elf Prince 'Serephym' (I think) who was available at UK Stores a while back while stocks lasted. There should be a picture here:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://i16.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/8a/f3/d3_2.JPG&imgrefurl=http://cgi.ebay.com/Warhammer-High-Elves-Selafyn-of-the-Annulii-Promo_W0QQitemZ110022379893QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4536 4QQcmdZViewItem&h=150&w=200&sz=7&hl=en&start=94&tbnid=kHXdXs713gZe2M:&tbnh=78&tbnw=104&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhigh%2Belves%26start%3D80%26ndsp%3D20 %26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26sa% 3DN

At least I think it was limited edition... it rocks regardless! To be honest though, my favourite model is a simple Swordmaster Prince conversion using this guy's body

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99061110005&orignav=300808

... cutting away the staff and replacing it with Eldroth's sword (shaved down a bit to make it more elegant... it's actually the size of a great sword)

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060210091&orignav=13

The end result looks really cool... although he's a nightmare to rank up :).

Cheers,

enyoss

Arhalien
15-11-2006, 21:21
Nice limited edition model. Thanks for the link.

enyoss
16-11-2006, 02:54
Ok. After all my posturing about not wanting to change the list... I have :). Looking at some of the comments I drew the conclusion that the list was, unfortunately, tosh. Illegal tosh, no less.

The main problem seems to be that including White Lions kind of requires all characters to be on foot. This in turn creates a problem as protecting that many foot slogging weeds becomes difficult... particularly when the 'Hero affordable' Armour of the Gods is on the Prince. So, I have rewritten the list with this in mind (and taking on a couple of your other comments too... apart from Magic ;)).

I've simply re-posted the list as it is a solid rewrite:

233 - Prince, Lion Guard, Vambraces of Defence, great axe, heavy armour, Pure of Heart
369 - 29 Spearmen, Full Command, War Banner

145 - Battlestandard, Sword of Might, Armour of the Gods
332 - 19 White Lions, Full Command, Blessed Tome, Lion Standard

180 - Level 2 Mage, Annullian Crystal, Channeller

166 - 6 Silverhelms, Champion & Standard

166 - 6 Silverhelms, Champion & Standard

108 - 6 Reavers

200 - 2 Repeater Bolt Throwers

100 - 2 Eagles

-------------
1999 points

Comments on the update much appreciated :).

Cheers,

enyoss

Tutore
16-11-2006, 09:17
I like white lions. Why not? They only cost so much. But they kill quickly and good.

kyussinchains
19-11-2006, 12:25
looks like a solid list there enyossifer, very typical of your style, I look forward to giving it a good tonking at xmas!

Von Wibble
19-11-2006, 14:57
I would swap 1 bolt thrower for 1 chariot. Combined with 1 unit of silver helms thats some decent punch against some unis, and an extra counter attack unit.

Does the Blessed Tome increase the LD for purposes of stubborn? I had never thought of that before.

kyussinchains
19-11-2006, 20:04
enyoss doesnt use chariots as he NEVER rolls more than 1 impact hit, and that fails to wound.....

enyoss
19-11-2006, 20:38
enyoss doesnt use chariots as he NEVER rolls more than 1 impact hit, and that fails to wound.....

Too bloody right *grumble*. Although I do own some chariots I have had bitter, bitter, experience with them. As a consequence I prefer something a bit more reliable.

Blessed Tome increases every unit's leadership by 1 within 6". The White Lion's have to use their unit leadership for Stubborn so can indeed test on 9 if the Tome is within range... it's sweet! Pity the Champion is usually chopped to bits before he reads past page one but, oh well :).

Cheers,

enyoss