PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point mortal Tzeentch facing O&G

Dr.Diemer
15-11-2006, 17:31
I have next to none expirience with chaos, but have read a lot of threads in the tactics forum.

I must design a 2000 chaos army (I have chosen to go with mortal Tzeentch), which will face an orc heavy O&G army. The opposing army will (possible) look something like this : (40 Nightgobbo spear with fanatics, ~30 Orc boyz, ~30 Big'uns, Giant, 2 boar chariots, 10 wolfriders, Rocklobber, Doomdiver, and either magicheavy or warboss on Wyvern)

I really want to field my hellcannon so that's a must. I have decided to go with a beastlord with MOT in a herd, who will primarily be a flanker and magiccaster (would really like to cast Indigo fire on a 40 gobbo unit - should give an average of 11 horrors :D )

Then a warrior regiment (with the general) to hold the line, and a unit of chosen knights with an exalted to attack backed up by marauder horsemen and dogs (which should also be sacrificed to draw out fanatics early on), and finally 5 screamers to take care of his warmachines and wolfriders.

I hope magic will help against the giant and chariots.

Here goes :

Exalted Chaos Champion, Mark of Tzeentch, General, Shield, Armour of Damnation
with
14 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch, Shield, Full command

Exalted Chaos Champion, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield, barded chaos chaos steed, Blade of Blood
with
5 Chosen Chaos Knights of Tzeentch, Full command

Beastlord, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield, Chaos Armour, Crown of Horns, Spell Familiar
with
Beast Herd, full command, 2ndWeapon, (12 gor and 8 ungor)

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen, Flail, Musician

5 Screamers of Tzeentch

1 Hellcannon

Casting Pool: 12
Dispel Pool: 6
Models in Army: 64
Total Army Cost: 2000

What do you think ?

Dr.Diemer
16-11-2006, 10:50
Is it that hopeless ??

Martyr
16-11-2006, 16:11
Question. Is this a tournament or friendly game? Hellcannons as I am told are no longer legal tournament warmachines.

Personally, I would lose the warhounds and screamers and invest in something to soak those points up. I would go with 1 more 5 man unit of Marauder Horsemen with throwing axes and flails and maybe 1 more beast herd by themselves. Your main objective with Chaos is to break your enemy in the first round of combat. You are always going to be outnumbered so you have to compensate where you can. Also, you might think about some dispel scrolls and maybe a Power Familiar for your Beastlord instead of the Spell Familiar this will give you an additional power die and dispell die in the case of your regiments of tzeentch fleeing. Also remember that combat resolution wins matches, Chaos is still the masters of close combat but unless you do massive amounts of wounds you aren't going to win a fight against a 30 Orc block. Use your beast herds for march blocking and get them tied up with their main units so you can maneuver your horsemen in for flanking. Your Chosen Knights will be your main hitting force which will also be the first choice of your opponent to destroy, protect them and use them wisely, flanking is a much better choice for Chosen Knights then a head on collision. Depending on the spells you roll try to get the fanatics out quick with spells. THe Hell cannon should make quick work of his chariots if it doesn't misfire and do horrible things to your army. Also remember that crossfire will work to your advantage if there's a Horsemen unit sitting waiting for the little buggers to run.

Overall I think you made a great build here. A few tweeks and I think his Orcs will be runnin for the hills.

Hope this helps some
Martyr

Dr.Diemer
17-11-2006, 06:39
It's a (very) friendly game, so theres no problems with the Hell Cannon.

Thank you for your advice, I'll go over the list keeping your tips in mind.