PDA

View Full Version : ok. Chaos!

Twilight
15-11-2006, 20:42
ok. i collect dwarfs and i love the little guys. but i really want to have a look at chaos. dose anyone have any help to give. because i found that theres armys for gods and there 'beast of chaos' and 'hordes of chaos' and im really confused. thank you

Twilight

Voltaire
15-11-2006, 20:52
Buy the books and see. Hordes is the better of the two to start with.

Selsaral
15-11-2006, 20:54
Hordes and beasts are essentially factions of the same army. They can both be a part of the same army list. As far as I can tell, because of this chaos has the widest variety of troops available. Personally I enjoy beasts much more. Both the gaming and models.

devolutionary
15-11-2006, 20:58
Hordes outlines Daemonic and Mortal armies. Beats covers Beastman armies and adds in universal Special units and rares to all three armies. In short there are four elements (Mortals, Daemons, Beasts, Universal) spread across two books. Either book is fully useable on it's own and is fully self-contained, but you can cross-reference the two books to mix magic items and units in to a more varied list.

snurl
16-11-2006, 06:15
You could always wait for Chaos Dwarves

kaldour
16-11-2006, 13:30
The simplest way to think of chaos is that the beast and the hordes are the SAME army... but your selection depends ENTIRELY on your general.

Mortal General - mortals are core, beasts and daemons are special.
Daemon General - daemons arecore, mortals and beasts are special.
Beast General - beast units are core, mortals and daemons are special.
** exception... if you field a Doombull General, minotaurs are also core.

the second concern is your mark. Just remember that an UNDIVIDED general, whether mortal, beast or daemon, gives your complete flexibility for marks for the rest of your army. If you choose one of the four god marks, that is the ONLY god mark you may take for your army... though you may still take as many undivided and unmarked units as you choose.

Any unit marked as SPECIAL or RARE in either book is always special or rare unless specified otherwise. So taking a Beast general will NOT let you take Centigors as core.

Finally, there are special items and daemonic gifts that change the rules for what general leads who... those are a different issue.

that's a good start. Remember that there are a few exceptions to these guidelines, but that should be enough to get you started.