PDA

View Full Version : Extra Items on Bases

Invid
15-11-2006, 22:04
QQ: Is it against the rules to have extra models on the bases of larger models? Example. A Tyrant with a Gnoblar has a Luck, or Sword Gnoblar for example. But for modeling purposes, is it against the rules to have Gnoblar the bases of Bulls, say one Gnoblar or 2 per Bull base? Just wondering. Thanks!

Krusk
15-11-2006, 22:16
Well,a number of Ogre Kingdoms units have the option to stick Gnoblars on the bases, I say it's fine. Just don't have every Ogre with 3 gnoblars on the base.

gambitds
15-11-2006, 22:19
no i don't think so.i mean nobody cares if you put an extra snotling on the shoulder of a black orc big boss.it is known that it hasn't got any effets in game play.unfortunately gnoblars have effects for ogres! still i don't think it would be a problem, as long as yo explained what the character has at the beginning of the game

druchii
16-11-2006, 04:13
QQ: Is it against the rules to have extra models on the bases of larger models? Example. A Tyrant with a Gnoblar has a Luck, or Sword Gnoblar for example. But for modeling purposes, is it against the rules to have Gnoblar the bases of Bulls, say one Gnoblar or 2 per Bull base? Just wondering. Thanks!

As long as you're quite clear as to which units have special gnoblars, and which don't. I honestly can't forsee any but the most irrational opponents complaining.

d

squiggoth
16-11-2006, 09:46
Squigs and Snotlings in Orc units, Nurglings in Chaos Warrior units, Spites in Wood Elf units - all perfectly fine, they don't influence the rules and make the units look good.

As was said above, make sure to tell your opponents which Gnoblars actually have rules - with regular Bull/Irongut units you can only have Look Out Gnoblars on standard bearers so having Gnoblars running around on other bases shouldn't be confusing at all (and who takes a banner for a Bull unit in the first place? :p).
For Characters who an have Gnoblars I would only use actual "existing" Gnoblars to avoid confusion (e.g., don't have a Tyrant covered in Gnoblars of which some are Luck/Sword Gnoblars and other are base decoration, that's confusing).

Thargrund
17-11-2006, 19:49
well tbh i dont think that there is any problem AT ALL with putting extra models on the base, i mean that if its just extra detail what the hell is wrong with that! its not against the rules to add more details or convert models so whats the problem? if it is for gnoblars still doesnt really matter you could just stick some on doesnt matter if they dont/cant count as anyhting and if your opponent ask just asy yes/no - simple :)

Invid
17-11-2006, 20:51
Yes it will mostly be for base decoration.would put 2 gnoblars on per base of my Ogres... All converted. Carrying stuff. Obviously on butchers they could be tooth, or Tyrant Luck- but on anything else they would just be extra for flavor and fun!