PDA

View Full Version : Eldar and Malal

Lockjaw
16-11-2006, 17:55
I know Malal no longer is part of the background, but they never really just said he no longer exists or got eaten by 'nids, they just sort of ignore him.

So, seeing as to how eldar all hate chaos, and Malal is the anti-chaos, chaos god, would it be possible that a craftworld/kabal/exodite world might turn to Malal and start hunting down chaos throughout the galaxy? (especially slannesh)
maybe a farseer seeing it as a weapon against Slannesh, rather than waiting for Ynead to be born.

Reabe
16-11-2006, 18:00
Yeah, I'm sure a Farseer could follow that logic. Are you going to make an army about that? All the models in Black and White armour?

Lockjaw
16-11-2006, 18:55
I was considering changing the background and paintscheme of my dark eldar to make them Malal followers, they already are a more nomadic kabal, living on starships and all, wouldn't be too much to make them go around hunting and killing chaos while they collect slaves.

The Keeper of Secrets
16-11-2006, 19:12
Dark eldar don't really hate chaos. Eldar hate chaos and Dark eldar hate Eldar, so I imagine D.E don't mind chaos, meaning they wouldn't seek to destroy it by turning to Malal.

But you could use the D.E models and Eldar rules and fluff. The archaic, curved, spiky D.E armour could be because they serve malal and are corrupted. Here's some Malal fluff (http://www.leadership10.com/index.cfm/MALAL,-The-Forgotten-God.html) to help (I'm doing him too!)

Terrordar
16-11-2006, 19:15
DE don't like Chaos either, as Slaanesh is slowly devouring them all.

Alessander
21-11-2006, 17:13
Malal is(was) a betrayed Chaos God. He officially ceased to exist in M35.

Lord Zarkov
21-11-2006, 17:33
He officially ceased to exist in M35.
:eyebrows:
Where does it say that?
I know GW can't officially talk about him (due to the legal issues) but I can recale nowhere where his existance was dated to have ended

Lockjaw
21-11-2006, 20:31
news to me, I just thought they couldnt mention malal anymore due to their not owning the copyright

Rockerfella
21-11-2006, 20:35
So, what is he the god of? What does he represent?

Cheers!

Grindgodgrind
21-11-2006, 20:42
From what I'm aware of, Malal represents pure, unbridled hate and disrespect.

Rockerfella
21-11-2006, 20:53
So.. he's just a big bad anarchist? LOL

zahaqiel
21-11-2006, 20:58
Not quite - he's sort of an entropy principle: "Malal represents Chaos' indiscriminate tendency toward destruction, even of itself" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malal).

Rockerfella
21-11-2006, 21:50
Not quite - he's sort of an entropy principle: "Malal represents Chaos' indiscriminate tendency toward destruction, even of itself" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malal).

Cheers!!!;)

jubilex
22-11-2006, 10:29
Hasn't malal got a proxy in zuvassin/nechoco? I have some marines dedicated to these but until I painted the symbol on them I didn't realise what it was. Dense!!!

Khaine's Messenger
22-11-2006, 16:03
would it be possible that a craftworld/kabal/exodite world might turn to Malal and start hunting down chaos throughout the galaxy?

In a purely speculative way, yes. However, Eldar are very keen to not give away their souls to anyone and in general refuse to allow anyone else to claim them--which is the entire purpose of the Infinity Circuit, the World Spirits, the depravity of the Dark Eldar, and the Laughing God's "promise" of salvation for his Harlequins. An Eldar (esp. a farseer) would see use of Malalite abilities as a promise of temporal power that simply will not last. Any Eldar who took to Malalite activities would find himself ostracized or somehow "cleansed" if the connection was ever discovered. Perhaps developing a martyr complex.

Tastyfish
22-11-2006, 16:36
He has been subsumed by Tzeentch, who as the God of change was pretty much God of what Malal was anyway. Ol' domino was probably a daemon prince of Tzeentch who got all upity in the same way Be'lakor did and then got his comeuppance pretty swiftly.

Tzeentch is the true god of Chaos, the eternal revolution, hence why it is him who brings the Gods together and then drives them apart. If chaos is always turned against itself then that is a form of stasis - only by introducing some small measure of order into the system is true chaos acheived.

Dark eldar don't really hate chaos. Eldar hate chaos and Dark eldar hate Eldar, so I imagine D.E don't mind chaos, meaning they wouldn't seek to destroy it by turning to Malal.

But you could use the D.E models and Eldar rules and fluff. The archaic, curved, spiky D.E armour could be because they serve malal and are corrupted. Here's some Malal fluff to help (I'm doing him too!)
You're thinking of Dark Elves, it wouldn't suprise me to see quite a departure from Druchii in space in the appearance of the Dark Eldar pretty much for this reason. Its not totally unheard of for them to work together, whilst the Druchii will see the world fall to chaos before they will stand beside the Asur.

sanctusmortis
22-11-2006, 16:47
Malal is also quite big on spite - GW represent this by making his divine number 11, thus removing the use of Rhinos :D