PDA

View Full Version : Fanatic Question

10th clancannach rangers
17-11-2006, 07:51
Simple question really, if a fanatic ploughs through a unit. does the unit get hand weapon and shield? My opponant claimed this the other day, I wasn't sure so I let him have it, was he right?

Artemis
17-11-2006, 09:30
Look it up in your book. It should say if the hits are distributed as shooting or if they're counted as close combat. I think shooting, so that would make the answer "no, they can't".

T10
17-11-2006, 10:03
Damage from the Fanatic does not count as close combat attacks.

-T10

Avian
17-11-2006, 11:50
...for the simple reason that they do not happen in the close combat phase and are not caused even remotely similar to close combat attacks.

T10
17-11-2006, 11:57
Well, they can happen in the close combat phase, but that would be due to units fleeing/pursuing over them. And that hardly qualifies as close combat.

-T10

DeathlessDraich
17-11-2006, 12:53
I think this question needs closer examination.

Fanatic hits are "distributed as shooting hits". IIRC its rules do not state that Fanatic hits are shooting hits but merely distributed in the same way.
I'm not sure whether HW&Shield rules refer to combat or the combat phase only. If it refers to the combat phase only, then HW&Shield is disallowed for hits from Fanatics.
There are other instances when hits, which are caused by direct assault, are taken out of the combat phase and armour saves are taken as 'normal' but this is not mentioned in the Fanatic rules.

Festus
17-11-2006, 13:04
Hi

The parry rules explicitly say that they are only applied during a close combat, so there...

FEstus

DeathlessDraich
17-11-2006, 16:44
pg56 Hand Weapons: "+1 in close combat ... This only applies in close combat, not against wounds suffered from shooting, magic or other means"
Well , everyone's right.
HW& Shield cannot be applied to a Fanatic's hits.