5 Questing Knights
Standard Bearer
Musician
Valorous Standard

Rare

King Louen’s “The Ladies own Sling” Trebuchet
Trebuchet
Peasant Craftsmen

Well here it is, my Bretonnian force, pretty much every model i have, only used this once, looking for some C&C on what it could use, keep in mind this was written for 6th ed and so far, no real issues using it in 7th ed, except my puny "not so great" weapons :(

druchii
19-11-2006, 06:54
Bretonnia 3000

Lords

Theodoric the Army General
Bretonnian Lord
Questing Vow
Great Weapon
Shield
Warhorse
Virtue of Impetuous Knight
Gauntlets of Duel
Gromril Great Helm

Prophetess of the Lady
Level 4 Upgrade
Warhorse
2 Silver Mirrors
Potion Sacre

Hero’s

Adalhard the Battle Standard Bearer
Paladin
Warhorse
Virtue of Duty
Banner of the Lady

Damsel
Level 2 Upgrade
1 Dispel Scroll
Chalice of Malfleur

Core

Theodoric’s First Knightly Regiment
8 Knights of the Realm
Musician
Standard Bearer
Banner of Chalon

King Louen’s First Knightly Regiment
8 Knights of the Realm
Musician
Standard Bearer
Twilight Banner

Paladin Adalhard’s First Knightly Regiment
8 Knights of the Realm
Musician
Standard Bearer
Conquerors Tapestry

King Louen’s Errantry Knights
8 Errant Knights
Musician
Standard Bearer
Errantry Banner

King Louen’s First Peasant Bowmen
16 Peasant Bowmen
Musician
Standard Bearer
Villein

Lord Theodoric’s First Peasant Bowmen
16 Peasant Bowmen
Musician
Standard Bearer
Villein
Skirmish

Lord Theodoric’s First Men-at-Arms
20 Men-at-Arms
Musician
Standard Bearer
Yeoman Warden

King Louen’s First Men at Arms
16 Men-at-arms
Musician
Standard Bearer
Yeomen Warden

Special

King Louen’s “Flying Circus” First Pegasus Knights
6 Pegasus Knights
Musician
Standard Bearer

5 Questing Knights
Standard Bearer
Musician
Valorous Standard

Rare

King Louen’s “The Ladies own Sling” Trebuchet
Trebuchet
Peasant Craftsmen

Well here it is, my Bretonnian force, pretty much every model i have, only used this once, looking for some C&C on what it could use, keep in mind this was written for 6th ed and so far, no real issues using it in 7th ed, except my puny "not so great" weapons :(

I like it pretty much. But I'd ditch the M@As. Use the points to get some mounted yeomen. I find that these guys are indespensible for setting up some relly wicked counter-charges. It just seems like the peasants don't serve much of a purpose, besides look muppety and move slowly.

I'd still ditch the GW on the lord, get a lance.
How I loathe the stupid +1S from a great weapon while mounted.

d

Steel_Legion
19-11-2006, 18:39
the men at arms are in for 2 reasons, number 1 - they came in the box set... but more importantly number 2, they are useful for either being some form of shield, bait or even counter charge, they are very cheap, get 4+ rank bonus before any hits are resolved, and dont give any VPs for standards, so you really dont have to worry about them, and its always nice to have some kind of R'n'F against something you know you cant break in 1 turn, bog them down for the counter charge, as for the Lord, i had a battle last week, and he never used the great weapon once... just cast the Bears anger on him! ( 7 S6 attacks... those knights didnt like that one!) its just for decoration, and cause the model has it, plus re-rolling failed psycology tests in nice, and a grail vows pricey

yphead
19-11-2006, 19:07
hi just two questions:
Bears anger i thought that could only be cast on a model on foot.
and how come you paid for 2 silver mirrors, i did not think this was an item you could have more than once?

apart from that the list is sound, replacing the mounted squires by infantry is a bit risky....but that is a personal choice.

Steel_Legion
19-11-2006, 20:20
Well it was my first 7th ed game, so i might be wrong with the magic, and as for silver mirrors *checks book* it does not say you can only have 1, its a mean combo, try and wound the wizard form shooting then polish him off with that... and as for mounted squires, they will be added in time,as will 2 more errant knights (i use the old plastic knight models with some conversions to show them as errant, so its hard to expand them) I was thinking of getting one, but changing the model alot, giving it a towershield like a M@A and replacing the helmet with a bucket helmet, something like that

Tobias
19-11-2006, 21:31
You can only take one of every magic item unless noted differently, so unless it sayd you can take more than one, you can't

Steel_Legion
19-11-2006, 22:05
bah! i never use them anyway, well with that 40points spare i can probably fit in some mounted yeomen... or at least some of them

druchii
20-11-2006, 23:54
the men at arms are in for 2 reasons, number 1 - they came in the box set... but more importantly number 2, they are useful for either being some form of shield, bait or even counter charge, they are very cheap, get 4+ rank bonus before any hits are resolved, and dont give any VPs for standards, so you really dont have to worry about them, and its always nice to have some kind of R'n'F against something you know you cant break in 1 turn, bog them down for the counter charge, as for the Lord, i had a battle last week, and he never used the great weapon once... just cast the Bears anger on him! ( 7 S6 attacks... those knights didnt like that one!) its just for decoration, and cause the model has it, plus re-rolling failed psycology tests in nice, and a grail vows pricey

Suddenly you've got some very dumb, very poor, very SLOW screens.

Your knights move DOUBLE the pace of your M@As. You're wasting one of the best advantages of a Bretonnian army, the initiative and the length of the charge.

I'm quite sure you can ditch the muppets and use the remaining points (after you ditch the second illegal silver mirror) to get some mounted yeomen.

They're better screens. They're better bait. They're fast cavalry.

Who cares if peasants have ranks, ournumber and a standard? Even the most basic infantry unit will be even up on CR with them, AND score more hits/kills. Not only that, but with such terrible stat lines, they're fodder for even the most unlucky of opponents.

In the end: Yeomen > M@A

Steel_Legion
21-11-2006, 22:23
peasant screens can be very useful, for example against a dwarf army i had to play against with 5 bolt throwers, unfortunatly they were on a hill so that tactic didnt work, but another bret player done the same against this dwarf army (league in stirling) and it saved him for sure from certain knightly kebabs... and in the year i have played Bretonnians they are always useful (mostly...)