PDA

View Full Version : Shaw3029's Heresy era Imperial Fist Project log

shaw3029
19-11-2006, 00:54
Hi,

For a while now I've been planning an Imperial Fists army. I love them. The History the look, everything. So I have now decided to do an army of them. After I got the whole painting yellow thing sorted.

I've decided to base the army around the Time of the siege of the Emperor's palace. I donít know how strict on this I will be. I want them to look like there fighting to the last man, Everything and everyone to be battered and worn looking.

I donít know too much about the armour variants around at the time or anything so any help on that would be great. I remember seeing a link that had all the armour variants on but I seem to have lost it.

THE MODELS.

So far Iíve got a combat squad, assault squad, command squad and the forgeworld red scorpion bits through. And I plan to make at the very least 2 squads of five marines with these.

I want them all to be really individual. Although that will be hard without going over the top on each one. There going to have lots of purity seals, oaths of moment, equipment and things hanging from them just to make them look busy and that bit special.

Hereís a couple of mock up marines.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Imperialfistsergeant1.jpg

This guy will most likely end up being a sergeant of one of the squads. I really wanted him to look like he was running forwards. I love the back banners on marines. So I think its going to have to stay. :)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Imperialfistmarine1.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Imperialfistkneeling1.jpg

Just a couple of bog standard marines, nothing special at all. My one question is which one has the shoulder pad on the correct side? The kneeling marine or the running marine?

As you can see there just mock ups so far, no equipment, purity seals nothing added at all. I just wanted to see what some of the poses are going to look like.

Hope you like em.

Khrangar
19-11-2006, 01:00
I like the kneeling pose of the last one.

Here's a link to some space marine armour. http://fr.games-workshop.com/40k/space_marines/articles/armures/index.asp

Also, the Red Scorpions have Mk4 armour, so they have no shoulder studs. The Beakie marines and Mk5 marines do.

Good to see more Heresy Era stuff. Keep it up.

Khrangar

shaw3029
19-11-2006, 01:03
And the big Question.

I've been toying with the idea of doing them truescale. Heres my results so far.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/truescaletest.jpg

To make these I have punched out some bits of 2 milimetre thickness plasti card.

The one on your left has two bits of plasticard in the thigh making it 4mm higher. The other one on the right has one piece In the thigh and one under the boot.

Are they tall enough? And which do you think will work better?

The only reason why Im thinking of not doing them truescale Is. I dont want to do truescale vehicles at all. My modelling skills arnt amazing. And my greenstuff skills are basic gap filling and possibly a bit of sculpting. I definetly wouldnt want to take on such a massive task of say sizing up a dreadnought.

Would truescale Marines look out of place next to a "normal" scale dreadnought or landraider?

And I want some terminators. So If I do them basic guys truescale then there have to be to. As well as all the characters.

And will they look alright on the table top. il stick my beefed up marines on and yeah there look cool against gaurd but what about when there next to other marines.

Hope you can help me out on all of my queries.

Thanks

shaw3029
19-11-2006, 01:07
Thanks for the link.

Unfortunatly Its In french And Im not to hot on computers so I dont know how to translate It properly.

No studded shoulder pads :eek: I love them though. How does It work on diffrent marks of armour being combined etc?

And I've seen some backpacks with some really cool piping stuff ontop. Anybody know where they are from?

unwanted
19-11-2006, 01:50
Well, armour variants are supposedly interchangeable, and both mk. 5 and 6 armour was available during the Heresy, with mk 6 being introduced simultaneously with the events leading up to Istvaan...

Mk. 5 was, AFAIK, known as "Heresy"-armour by the way...

Khrangar
19-11-2006, 02:12
Here's something found in ExquisiteEvil's Pre-Heresy World Eater's page, it's the french translated.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29064&page=7

Here's a basic description for bitz to use for armour types, how I did mine anyway (see SoG sig for pics).
Mk3 (Iron Armour): Iron Warriors Warsmith with FW Red Scorpions Sergeant Shoulder Pads.

Mk4 (Maximus Armour): Red Scorpions head and torso with regular shoulder pads.

Mk5 (Heresy Armour): Vented Space Marine Chest, the X looking one, with the skull helmet from the CSMs, regular legs, a regular shoulder pad and a studded pad on the left. Studs added to the legs.

Mk6 (Corvus Armour): Beakie Head, Kneeless legs, studded shoulder pad on left, regular pad on right, and a converted Space Wolves Mk6 torso.

Hope that helps,

Khrangar

shaw3029
20-11-2006, 19:59
Thanks for that.

By regular legs do you mean the ones with the knee join?

Im working on a few guys now, So I might have some new pictures tonight.

Thanks

Voronwe[MQ]
20-11-2006, 21:10
Good luck. I really like 'that mark (aargh: numbers, sometimes one mess them up) of the Red Scorpion official FW models'. This will be very interesting to watch. Comments later on.

Tom
20-11-2006, 22:34
It would be MkIV 'Maximus' pattern power armour. Not only is it the nicest looking, it's a damn fine suit of armour in itself. Even Mk8 doesn't quite match its standards.

I hate them. Utterly. Though I'm an Iron Warriors player, so from an objective standpoint:

The models and poses are great. Decently done, stable and well-thought through. Can't wait to see them yellowed up.

shaw3029
21-11-2006, 00:28
Im starting to paint up my 1st marine. The black parts are taking alot longer than I expected. Its a real pain painting dark colours around light colours. One screw up and It can look really really bad!

I should have him done tommorow and at least get a couple of other marines stuck together. But Im also working on a skarsnik and gobbla for a commision so hes taking up a bit of time.

ARMY LIST

Heres my 1000point army list. I know Its a pretty bad one. But I like everything I got in it. There all there to look cool. Not to be useful in the game.

HQ

Chaplain, teleport hommer. 90

Elites

5X Terminators, 2 X assault cannons. 240

Dreadnought, Assault cannon, Close combat weopon. 105

Heavy Support

Vindicator. 125

Landraider. 250

Troops

5X Marines. Heavy bolter 80

5X Marines. Plasma gun 110
Terminator honours.
Power Weopon.

Now some Questions.

Did Vindicators exist then? I think It fits In really nicely with the army but where they around at the very end?

I've heard assault cannons didnt exist either. Is that right? If they didnt I would order the Big autocannon dreadnought arm for the dreadnought and use that as a assualt cannon. But the terminators would be a diffrent matter.

Thanks

LoerdofallJoy
21-11-2006, 08:57
Did Vindicators exist then? I think It fits In really nicely with the army but where they around at the very end?

I've heard assault cannons didnt exist either. Is that right? If they didnt I would order the Big autocannon dreadnought arm for the dreadnought and use that as a assualt cannon. But the terminators would be a diffrent matter.

Thanks

For that you pretty much look at the Chaos Codex. If it's not there it probably didn't exist...

The Vindicator wasn't around at the heresy - I'm pretty sure of that. However, I think that the assault cannon was - the reason chaos don't use it is that it's fiendishly hard to keep up & running so they use autoconnons instead. Try asking in the background section, I'm sure you'll get the right answer there.

Army's looking sweet, I won't comment on the true scale as I've never seen it IRL.

LoaJ

Voronwe[MQ]
21-11-2006, 09:08
It would be MkIV 'Maximus' pattern power armour. Not only is it the nicest looking, it's a damn fine suit of armour in itself. Even Mk8 doesn't quite match its standards.

MkIV, okay. Maximus pattern. I always forgets that it's that nice pattern when I see the FW models, since the old metal model (also good, though) is over-shadowed in quality.

shaw3029
22-11-2006, 00:11
Well today I started painting one of the Imperial fists. But I got a bit busy doing skarsnik so Hes not finished yet. But I will have pictures up tommorow.

It seems that the Vindicator came around near the end of the crusade. And assault cannons apparently existed. So Im all good.

Ive also had a long think on making them truescale. And Ive decided against It. I know they would look great when up against an Imperial gaurd. But most people I will be playing against have space marines. So they would end up looking rather silly next to them.

shaw3029
23-11-2006, 00:59
I managed To get one Of my Marines nearly done. Just got some highlights ont he yellow and neatening the rest up.

I left the boltguns off for now. il paint them once I got each squad done. So I can spray them black and not have to worry about going over white Undercoat!

They havn't got there right shoulder pad yet. As I've got to order the Imperial Fists chapter badge shoulder pads.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/ImperialFistKneelingmarine1.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Imperialfistkneelingmarine2.jpg

Im liking the way this Marines turned out at the moment. The purity seals(I dont think you can see In the picture) The pistol holster, frag grenades and a row of small pouches at the back I think add alot to him.

The yellow could be smoother. But I did the wash a little dark and had to go over with several more coats of sunburst yellow, About five or more very thin coats instead of the usual two I managed On the test model.

Comments are welcome.

Thanks

bloodlust
23-11-2006, 15:28
They're looking great. The black contrasts the yellow really nicely without straying too far from red.

AventineCrusader
23-11-2006, 19:03
Yeah, solid yellow there.

Crusader

Voronwe[MQ]
23-11-2006, 19:15
Excellent. Now add some black-and-white check patterns or slightly more battle damage. It works excellent along your solid yellow, as another Fist gamer showed. ;)

shaw3029
24-11-2006, 00:33
I never really Liked the red shoulder pads to much. So I went for black. I was worried they would look like bumble bees. But they look cool.

Black and White Checkered patterns? These are Imperial fists.

Credit where credit Is due. Id wanted to do Imperial Fists For ages! And have them worn and Dirty. But I could never get the yellow right, But I found a scheme that I loved. I did some test marines and things and there all In this thread here.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56423

Hopefully I will have some more Pictures up soon.

Thanks

shaw3029
27-11-2006, 19:23
A quick update this time.

Heres a pic of my WIP 1st squad. At them moment one of thems painted but not finished. The beaky helmet is glued and the other two need to be put together properly.

This Squad Is also getting a heavy bolter But I need t obuy one of them.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/squad1.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/squadleader1.jpg

Obviouslyt I got to remove the Imperial eagle and sort out the mastercrafted bolter. But this Is roughly the possition I want.

I need to get some real small tubing to make into bullet casings, If anyone has any nice simple easy recommendations then that would be great.

Thanks, comments aprreciated.

Voronwe[MQ]
27-11-2006, 20:12
Hm. I makes loose bullet casings on my models' bases out of green stuff.

Tom
27-11-2006, 20:57
I need to get some real small tubing to make into bullet casings, If anyone has any nice simple easy recommendations then that would be great.

Simple. Plastic coated paperclips. Cut them into small lengths, slide off the coatings. Bingo.

Plus, use the paperclip parts themselves for pinning.

Anyone complains that Bolters don't have shell casings, insert paperclip into eye.

shaw3029
03-12-2006, 01:31
Thanks for the comments guy. I was thinking abotu using some kind of plastic tube or somthing. Like plasti card but circular. Has anybody got any idea of how to get hold of it? Or where In the UK?

I been working on that skarsnik model, And I havnt got to much done. Done A few mroe marines, il post them soon. Probably once i have painted them.

I need some help tho,

Heres what my sergeant looks like so far, All well and good, hes got a master crafted boltgun which I had to re sculpt because It had an Imperial eagle on the side.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Squadleader2.jpg

The problem Is this, The bannet top. It had an imperial eagel on top, Thats gone But what can I replace It with?

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Squadleader1.jpg

I found this on the command sprue. I have no idea what It is at all. Could anyone let me know.

Do you think It looks good on top or could you suggest somthing better? I need a few more bits for at least another two banner tops so any other suggestions are hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Takitron
03-12-2006, 02:09
I like your modeling. That bit is a sort of altar, and thats a good place for it.

shaw3029
03-12-2006, 09:15
Thanks,

I think I will stick with It then, It looks pretty cool as well. Has anybody got any other suggestions on what could go ontop of the other banner poles.

Thanks

Lord Flashheart
03-12-2006, 09:26
Well the obvious thing to stick onto the bannerpole would be the Imperial Fist logo. But I think the altar bit you used look cool aswell.

- F -

doghouse
03-12-2006, 10:37
Looking really nice so far! You gotta love pre-heresy stuff! :)
I personally wouldn't use the banner top from the command sprue mainly because it's a contemporary icon.
The way that the marines would have looked pre-heresy is probably more massed manufactured and a religious icon would have been out of place in an era where truth was paramount.
The aquila would be an acceptable replacement as it is said that only the Emperor's Children could have it on their armour but says nothing about standards. Failing that a small FW fist icon would work as well.
Look forward to seeing more. :)

Endemion
03-12-2006, 12:03
Same here, just roll green stuff into tubes, let it dry and cut to desired length. You can even hollow out one end slightly with a pin vice if you heve too much time on your hands

Brush your teeth
03-12-2006, 12:16
short cut offs from wire mesh/paper clips make excellent casings

although i was under the impression that bolters are measnt to have caseless amunition (then again, the model makers have already given the bolters ejection ports)

shaw3029
03-12-2006, 21:10
I ordered some of the water effect stuff (not the gamesworkshop stuff) once that comes through I can start on the bases, il try experimenting with the best way of making the bolter casings.

I did hear they are suppose to be caseless but as there was ejection ports o the gun, and as they look really cool I want some on there.

I've just ordered some terminator shoulder pads, Purtiy seals and the Imperial fist Icon pack. So once they have arrived I can get the banner pole sorted, like you said doghouse the banner top should have the forgeworld icon ontop, But I was going to wait until I ordered the dreadnought. But I thought I should do it now.

In the mean time I will be working on the other squad. I got the heavy bolter marine the other day so I can finish off the 1st squad.

I will get some pictures up soon.

Thanks guys

Takitron
04-12-2006, 10:10
if its for a command squad, you could do what they did in WD a while back with the new commander box. they took a terminator powerfist (from the new plastics), hacked it off and make it look like it was holding an iron halo then painted it crimson. It was hot.

<3 crimson fists

Takitron
04-12-2006, 10:12
Same here, just roll green stuff into tubes, let it dry and cut to desired length. You can even hollow out one end slightly with a pin vice if you heve too much time on your hands

they did something like this in WD, they rolled the little tubes then used a paper clip to push in the divot to while it was still pliable. It looked great.(the issue with the new plastic scouts)

Tom
04-12-2006, 18:01
I recall the Emperor's children were the only legion allowed to use it on the chestplates, yes. Says nothing about it not being allowed elsewhere. And the aquila banner pole just fits fine.

How are you at sculpting stylised lightning bolts, if you need a replacement?

Sojourner
04-12-2006, 20:00
Who said bolt rounds were caseless?

Gyroc rounds - the real world equivalent that bolters are based on - are caseless, but the main problem with gyrocs is that the rocket propellant clogs the barrel.

So, stick a small conventional percussion cap and charge - which require a case - on the end of the rocket to clear it from the barrel. Explains the shell casings and makes engineering sense.

Tom
04-12-2006, 20:06
It's one reference fifteen years ago which despite every inkling to the contrary on the art, on the models, and on common sense, some still cling to, is all.

shaw3029
06-12-2006, 22:51
Im still waiting for all the forgeworld stuff to arrive. But a large update Is due soon. Ive nearly got all the Marines put together.

Just a quick question.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Shoulderpads-1.jpg

The Shoulder pads on the left for the veteran, The Crux Terminatous? I cant remember exactly. Well I plan to put them on my veteran Sgt. Did they exist way back?

Who would have the Imperial laurals, Or did they also not exist.

The thing above them, Has anybody got any idea where that could be put? It looks a bit to static. I might have to save It for on of the vehicles.

The shoulder pads on the far right. What armour would they have been used on? Or am I good to stick them on anyone.

Thanks guys

Lord Hjamlar
06-12-2006, 23:00
Hmm... I think that Imperial laurals (sp?) were given to those SM who performed acts of unusaual bravery... For example, a Devastator Sergant who took who rushed on his own on a Carnifex, just to buy a few more shots to his squad, and even slayed the ugly Xeno... Or maybe to gret heroes...

What I would look after are old type h. weapons... Or you could just use some of Chaos ones (M. launcher)

Great Job so far...

Oh, and I would cut off the banner and put there only a reliquary like part which was showm on the banner top by you :)

PS. Check the priv. message box ;)

Cerebaton
06-12-2006, 23:12
something makes me think the crux is post-heresy - can't remember why though - sry that's not very helpful lol, but i'd make sure before you use it

MAD MAN-A-TRON
07-12-2006, 00:48
crux are made from pieces of the emporer's armor, but I think that for termis only

I'll have to keep an eye on this log, seeing as i am interested in pre-heresey armies

Cpt_Tiberius
07-12-2006, 01:44
yes, Crux's did not exist until post-heresy.

shaw3029
04-01-2007, 00:56
Now I havnt posted for ages! But thats because Im visiting my parents In canada. I thought I would post some pictures of the models up that I had on my photobucket account.

These are pics of the very nearly finished first ten marines. They still need there shoulder pads which I need to order.

There wont be naymore updates for at least two weeks. Until I get back and get going again. Im going to get a forgworld dreadnought, a chaplain and some terminators when I get back.So there will be alot of new still.

Please comment and give me some feedback on these marines.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/SpaceMarines1.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/SpaceMarines2.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/SpaceMarines3.jpg

shaw3029
04-01-2007, 00:57
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/SpaceMarines4.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/SpaceMarines5.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/SpaceMarines6.jpg

shaw3029
04-01-2007, 00:58
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/SpaceMarines7.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/SpaceMarines8.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/SpaceMarines9.jpg

shaw3029
04-01-2007, 01:01
Theres alot of pictures. Including the Kneeling marine thats Ive painted. Thats all of them.

I used alot of purity seals on the marines. I ordered the forgeworld kit. But It wasnt to great. They have a habbit of falling apart. and there really hard to get. By far the worst kit Ive had from them.

I hope you like them all, comments are most appreciated.

Heres a pic of my apothacary. Im not to sure about using him. I dont know where I would put him In any of the squads. Hes just for show. I would need to remove the imperial eagle and things If I did.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/SpaceMarines10.jpg

Tell me what you all think.

Light of the Emperor
04-01-2007, 01:07
Good converting and great use of the Scorpion FW bitz.
I built a squad of pre-heresy Imperial Fists. I used Iron Hands legs because they have that reinforced pattern...don't know what its called, but its like the shoulder pad of the marine in the first picture in post 42.
Iron Warriors torsos have it also as does the IW Lord. I used them on mine and it looks archaic enough. Heresy, I know.

shaw3029
26-01-2007, 18:11
Hi,

This Is going to be a rather small update, My first since getting back from Canada. Over Christmas and since coming back I managed to get hold of a set of cheap Imperial Fist shoulder pads from ebay, So now the two squads are finished including there bases.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Squad1.jpg

I was thinking on one of the Marines of having a Black Templars cross on a chain around his neck, To give a hint perhaps of where he went after the heresy ;) What do you think?

The only problem Is I dont have any symbols, So please If you have any tiny ones spare let me know.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Squad2.jpg

All thats left to do now Is paint them. :)

Please leave me some comments, Especially with your thoughts on the templar idea.

shaw3029
26-01-2007, 18:14
I also got hold of a Forgeworld Venerable Dreadnought and a box of terminators.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/VenerableDreadnought.jpg

The dreadnoughts not even been cleaned, washed let alone stuck together yet. I just blu tacked it together to give you all an idea of the rough pose I want.

I was thinking where the chest eagle is, Of either removing It entirely and putting (guitar) wire and other wires in its place, Or giving it the winged fist like I did for one of my squad leaders banner tops.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/VenerableDreadnought1.jpg

And Incase you was wondering, Heres a size comparision.

The Terminators...

I am In the process of cleaning them, Ive removed the Terminator honours and eagles from there weopons and armour. But Im after some artwork so I can make a couple of them more pre heresy. I dont have access to the horus heresy artbooks. But Im going to buy them when they release the omnibus In June I think It Is.

Im desperate to get hold of a second assault cannon for these guys so If you have one then please PM me. Ive got alot of bits I can trade, and I also have a spare dreadnought close combat arm, The same thats on my Venerable Dreadnought above.

Thanks for looking and thank you for all your comments so far. I really appreciate them. Light of the Emperor have you got any pics of your Imperial fist squad you could send me a link to, Or In a PM? Thanks again.

Please, please post some comments. I want to know what you think, especially about the Dreadnoughts Chest and the Templar.

Catferret
26-01-2007, 18:16
I like the Templar links. Hinting at the future is always fun.

Still liking your yellow paint job as well. Not too bright while still being "realistic".

I so need to get round to doing my pre-heresy Thousand Sons...

Noserenda
31-01-2007, 02:35
Nice figures so far! Although its a bit late its worth noting the EC were the only Legion accorde the honour of wearing the eagle on their chestplates theres nothign that says you couldnt have it elsewhere... The BT icon sounds like a good idea too, after all it had to come from somewhere

shaw3029
31-01-2007, 10:29
Hmm, Only On there Chestplates... I do recall hearing this elsewhere as well. Ive decided to go for no eagles though. Which Isnt to bad I dont think. I've now removed the Dreadnought chest eagle ;) And started to place some cables on the chest using guitar wire and Green Stuff.

I also started work on the terminators, three of them are nearly done. Im waiting On a Assault Cannon from battlewagon bits and a few more bits from them, Such as the Templar symbols.

Hopefully I will have some pictures soon. :D

Voronwe[MQ]
31-01-2007, 14:18
Well, we hope it'll be worth the price (removing from a FW model - heresy!). :)

Voronwe

shaw3029
02-02-2007, 16:06
Ok,
so after some remodelling and things. Heres the dreadnought. Some Of It Isnt finished just yet. I need to stick his assault cannon arm on properly and fill the gaps with some green stuff.Im going to sculpt cables and some rubber type seals in there just like those on a marine arm.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Venerabledread.jpg

I cant decide at the moment If I should have the arm up so he looks like hes firing, Or have his arm down like In the photo below so It looks like hes just finished firing.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Venerabledread1.jpg

I've also got to sculpt the chest piece some more. I just could be doing with the Imperial eagle. The pipes are going to have to have either end covered wit some green stuff as well as a small section In the middle. I just hope my green stuff skills are up to it.

Hope you like him. There will be Some pictures of the Terminators to follow shortly :)

Voronwe[MQ]
02-02-2007, 17:21
I like him, though pose one is the one you should go with.

Voronwe

Lord Gordonis
02-02-2007, 17:40
I like these very much! Especially the tactical marines very nicely done! Keep Going!

||-MARKO-||
02-02-2007, 17:57
sweeeet, i loce these. i admire how you've used ALL of those helmets, they're pretty funky helmets, but wouldnt some variation be nice? the peices from the black templar sprue have some very nice heresy era ones, and some of the pictures/art in the codex show the marines wiht pretty 'knight-like' helms, and they'd fit in quite well...

marko[dice0]

ker-ching! god, 24 out of 30! nice!

shaw3029
03-02-2007, 01:40
Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

I was thinking about the pose for the dreadnought and after what Xuchilbara said "I just slaughtered a pillbox of heretics, now I can take a rest" I think Im going with that pose It put such a good image Into my head.

I think It just makes him look arder! Its a bit diffrent from the usual shooting poses that are on alot of models.

||-MARKO-|| I used all these helmets because I wanted to make ten marines and had enough helmets to do so. I have used a couple of variants mainly the beaky ones. And have a couple of bare headed guys In there. When I get around to doing perhaps an assault squad or a devestator squad il use some more diffrent helmets If I have any.

I will try and get the Dreadnought stuck together and green stuffed so I can put some pictures up tommorow.

I will also get some pictures up of the Terminators.

Thanks

shaw3029
03-02-2007, 17:24
Ive been working On the Terminators today and heres one of them, I should have a couple of other up later tonight.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorWIP1.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorWIP6.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorWIP.jpg

I've replaced all the power cables with Guitar wire which took alot longer to do than I expected. I had to scrape away all the Imperial eagles and things as well and then I added a fair few studs on him.

I also had to green stuff his shoulder pad where the resin part partly broke off. Some of the forgeworld stuff Is really fragile!

Im not sure If the Chests look to bare at them moment any suggestions would be most helpful.

shaw3029
04-02-2007, 13:24
Heres the Assault cannon Terminator. Im really liking him.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorWIP4.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorWIP3.jpg

And a normal terminator. This guy might well change tho Im not sure.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorWIP5.jpg

Once the spare bits from battlewagon bits arrive I will have the other two finished Im going to try and make them proper full on pre heresy but we will see how that goes with my green stuff skills.

Voronwe[MQ]
04-02-2007, 15:12
Very good terminators!

Voronwe

shaw3029
05-02-2007, 20:03
Here's a couple of pictures of some more Terminators.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/TerminatorWIP1.jpg

These are really work In progress but you get the Idea of the poses. Im going to try and Emulate Dog houses Pre Heresy World Eaters Marines.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/TerminatorWIP.jpg

Hopefully my sculpting will be up to the task.

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-02-2007, 21:09
i prefer the termis with the ork pads nice job so far waiting to get mystuff from forgeworld for my pre heresy army

tagsta
05-02-2007, 21:11
great conversions so far ;)
get them painted as soon as possible :D

highmarshaldave
05-02-2007, 21:19
Nice models so far. Keep up the good work!

On the Vindicator. . . IA2 says the Vindicator was invented around the same time as the Rhino, but fell out of faviur during the Great Crusade. It was only during the aftermath, and the introduction of the Codex Astartes that use of the vehicle was upped drasticaly.

Dave out.

shaw3029
06-02-2007, 00:52
Thanks for the Comments guys.

Horus.. I wanted the squad to have varition to it, which Is why theres several types In there.

Tagsta.. Thanks, And I will be getting them painted once I've got all the modelling out the way. At the moment I have the ten marines sitting on my desk with the base colour being done. But I was working on painting some other things at the moment so expect to see some new things soon.

Dave.. So Im ok with having just the one? How would that go down? Im thinking If It was around at that time there would be no reason why It wouldnt be In my army, especially as I want mine to be around the seige and desperate times call for desperate measures.

Voronwe[MQ]
06-02-2007, 08:35
That's great, although the Ork shoulder pads are too small (Doghouse's plasticard version is excellent), but I hope you can manage to pull this off anyway!

Voronwe

highmarshaldave
06-02-2007, 13:24
Shaw; by all means, yes! If you're theming them arounf the Battle for the Emperors palace they're gonna deploy ever tank possible. No matter how unfavourable and tactialy unsound they are. Just make it look as though its lain in the armoury, forgoten, for a long period of time.

Looking forward to it.

Dave out.

shaw3029
06-02-2007, 21:08
Voronwe.. The shoulder pads are just there as a base, Im going to try my best to get these as close to Doghouses fantastic Termintor. Im Hoping they will turn out well, I got all my bits today so I should be able to start work on them very soon.

Dave.. Any Ideas on how I could make It look like Its being lying In the armoury for ages? I was going to order the forgworld one and stick alot of purity seals and the Imperial fist doors on it.

Today I went Into Games Workshop and brought myself a new chaplain Ive taken him apart and am completly reposing him.

I saw all the new Dark angels stuff and the new deversator you get loads of heavy weopons If you have the spare marines you can use all the heavy weopons. I might be getting a squad of them some time In the future for this army. They didnt have the master of ravenwing In which I was looking to size up to work out If I could make some jet bikes. Might get some of the old metal landspeeders as well. But that wont be for a while I dont think.

Heres the chaplain..

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/chaplain1.jpg

Ive chosen to give him a bare head as I want paint some tatoos and things on his head like Erebus In the Horus Heresy books.

I've been working on some other things at the moment so expect a big update of another kind.

Thanks very much, Comments are as always appreciated.

Voronwe[MQ]
07-02-2007, 10:52
I'll say that it's a very good head swap for the chaplain, and I hope that the result will be at least equal to Doghouse's for you.

Voronwe

shaw3029
07-02-2007, 15:04
Voronwe..

Thanks very much, I hope they turn out as well Im going to try and start work on them today. I got a new head for one of them from the new deverstator sprue for one of them now.

For the chaplains head swap I cut If off using a tiny hacksaw. The problem with these are the blades always, always, always break. So after going through three blades I got the helmet off, I cleaned it up a bit and then thats going on his belt round the back.
Then I took a big enough drill bit that fit the circumference of the head and then drill a hole big enough. It fits nice and snug and was easy enough to achieve. You just got to have the right tools though.

dave is the best
07-02-2007, 15:10
That chaplin is verry cool.

Dave

Arch-Traitor Horus
08-02-2007, 10:08
the chappy looks great cant wait for the army to be painted

shaw3029
09-02-2007, 22:15
A fairly large Update today,

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/chaplain.jpg

I've managed to finish the Chaplain all that I need to do Is Put a bit more sand on the base and then hes finished the base kind of looks a bit false at the moment. I had to add a fair few purity seals on the chest to cover one of the symbols I had to remove.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/dreadnought1.jpg

I also managed to finish the chest part on the dreadnought and the Arm. The reason why theres a lump of green stuff In the head Is because It got stuck Inside the Dreadnought and the only way to get It out was to drill It.

I also Sprayed the bottom half and hes soon to be painted, il spray him up and the chaplain tommorow. :)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/templarsymbol.jpg

Heres the marine with templar symbol on him, I was considering one on a chain around his neck but the symbols that came through just wernt suitable.

I hope you like them

Catferret
09-02-2007, 22:20
That Chaplain is cool. Simple conversion but he looks really stoic now. Ready to kick some @$$!

shaw3029
09-02-2007, 22:21
I also managed to do a fair amount of modelling on the three unfinished terminatos.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/termintor.jpg

I think this guy has to be my favorite one so far. Although Im liking them all. He reminds me of one of the pieces of artwork of a termintor up against a genestealer warrior.

I've still got to add the huge shoulder pads which I think might be a struggle. I might start them tonight.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/preheresyterminator.jpg

Heres a pic of the other terminator thats going to take the most work. And a close up of the head area as well.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/preheresytermintator2.jpg

I dont think Its going to well at the moment, The front seems to big to me, If you can see you might notice more where he connects to the legs.

I was going to file It all of, Im trying to emulate Doghouses Termintor here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38074&page=8&highlight=pre+heresy+world+eaters) But He just doesnt seem to be working out, I think this might be because I chose to use green stuff instead of plasticard. Let me know what you all think and what you think can been done Im just not liking him at the moment, il keep working on the other ones shoulder pads tonight.

I've also added alot of studs to the other terminator which I will post up once I've glued him together.

Thanks for all your comments so far guys they really mean alot.

Thanks

Arch-Traitor Horus
10-02-2007, 02:30
how did u paint yellow looks good, the termis look a bit fat like me lol

shaw3029
10-02-2007, 11:59
Thanks,

I know there looking a bit fat. Im tempted to either file for a year and half or just cut it all off and start again. Im going to leave them two for a couple of days I think.

The yellow I painted using another tutorial that I posted a link to I think on the 1st page.

Basically...

.Spray them white
.Paint one watered down coat of bad moon yellow
.Then Ink wash all over with 1 part fleshwash, 2 parts yellow ink and 1 part water.
.Then paint thinner coats of sunburst yellow. Until you have a ever coverage.
then bad moon
.Then a little white.

The most Imporant thing Is the wash I think, I kinda messed It up on the models I just did, I got all the tactical marines up to the wash stage and Its a little dark, So now Im going to have to apply alot of thin coats of yellow to them.

But I hope the overall result Is Worth It.

Thanks

But that tuturial has photos and all In it.

Arch-Traitor Horus
11-02-2007, 06:56
thanks now all i need is my forge world order to come and to decide what legion

Voronwe[MQ]
12-02-2007, 08:19
Very good job on the terminators so far, and you've actually succeeded with the Dreadnough, something I thought would be hard.

Voronwe

shaw3029
14-02-2007, 00:00
Thanks for the replys.

Horus, I hope to see some of your guys soon then.

Voronwe, Thanks, Im glad you like the dreadnought I was a bit doubtful of It.

Well todays update...

I've managed to do some work on the terminators. I had to email Doghouse for a couple of tips But Its all going well now. I had to rip off all the Greenstuff on his chest and replace It with thin plasticard.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorpreheresyshoulderpads.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorpreheresyshoulderpads1.jpg

Im going to try and start the green stuff on the edges In a bit I hope you like em.

schoolcormorant
14-02-2007, 00:07
really nice stuff mate, i've looked at this thread but having not attempted anything like it wouldn't want to pass comment - but, today i repositioned a terminators leg :D
keep up the good work :)
i like you're conversion work, very precise with an eye for detauil, like the 'strappy bits' under the shoulder guard and that kind of thing
SC

Catferret
14-02-2007, 04:45
I think the shoulder plates and the chest armour on the AC guy are way too big. Sorry. I have loved all the other stuff in the army so far but I think the Termies are letting you down.

Please don't shoot me!

shaw3029
14-02-2007, 14:42
Schoolcormorant... Thanks, I think you should give some more conversions ago. Its not as hard as you think just take your time and think aout what your doing and all should be good.

Catferret... I wont shoot you, and I know what you mean which Is why I've readjusted them. Theres some photos below.

The photos are really bad but you can see the shoulder pads and thats all that matters at the moment.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/shoulderpadresize.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/shoulderpadresize1.jpg

I slightly readjusted them from last time mainly cutting off part around the bottom of the shoulder pads. I will probably end up doing a bit more cutting.

Once I've done the green stuff raised areas all over It should solve some of the size issues with where the two plates meet.

Let me know what you think.

Arch-Traitor Horus
20-02-2007, 11:17
this thread has gone dead which is a shame, i agree with Catferret the pads are to big

shaw3029
22-02-2007, 18:22
I wouldnt worry this thread hasnt gone dead In the sense that Im still working on It. I was busy last weekend so I didnt get to much done and I've been waiting for the arrival of my vindicator which arrived yesterday.

I've also been a bit busy working on my speed freak ork army. I just got a few more things to paint and then il get some pictures of them up. I just wanted to get them finished before I started painting this army.

Thanks.

Voronwe[MQ]
22-02-2007, 18:30
The terminators are coming along well; I'm hoping for an update soon.

Voronwe

shaw3029
22-02-2007, 19:41
A small update at the moment and hopefully another to follow shortly.

Heres a pic of the whole army so far, Its up to 750 points at the moment. Im either going to bring it up to 1000 by getting a landraider or getting two landspeeders and three jetbikes. And the the challenge from there is bringing the army upto 1500 points.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/ArmypicWIP.jpg

Thanks

||-MARKO-||
22-02-2007, 19:58
very mechanised, well painted army. very nice idea and well done. particularly the tactical marines, the yellow looks great. now get them finished!

:D

Marko

Anardakil
22-02-2007, 20:23
They look very cool. Nice terminators. They look much better now than before :)

shaw3029
22-02-2007, 21:40
I've done a bit of work on the terminators, Trying to clean up and finish the shoulder pads. Im dreading doing the collar piece around the assault cannon marine. It seems like hes going to be really difficult especially getting his face right.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorwip1.jpg

The greenstuff Isnt anywhere near as rough as it seems I am going to be smoothing it out some more though.

I saw a few comments saying they think the shoulder pads are too big, I send doghouse a private message and he thinks there cool. I also showed a few of my friends them and they love them as well. And personally I think they seem about the right size maybe Its just the photos?.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorwip.jpg

I also picked up a copy of the new Horus heresy book and It seems like judging by the cover and the section at the start there seems like there are some Imperial Fists in it :)

Thanks for the comments guys,

Marko... Very mechanised? I was planning not to have it mechanized seeing as I have a speed freaks army and was planning on one day doing a space wolves army mostly In transports. I will begin painting them soon but I want to ge the Orks out of the way first, which wont be to long now.

Thanks again.

Arch-Traitor Horus
23-02-2007, 05:53
that last termi is looking good, great to see more progress

k_man
23-02-2007, 06:18
yes i agree with Voronwe[MQ] the best way to make the casings is with greenstuff

shaw3029
23-02-2007, 19:00
A small update for you today,

I've managed to glue most of the vinicator together today just got to pin the front ram thing on, green stuff the gaps and add some battle damage to it.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Vindicator.jpg

I'm also trying to get the right base style for the army, so far i've got the grey base from the kneeling marine and this one.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Spacemarinbase1.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Spacemarinbase.jpg

What do you think? Im not to sure on either of them to be honest.

fistofdorn
24-02-2007, 12:45
YOUR crazy james, the pads are a beautiful size!1 good job mate

[dice0]

shaw3029
24-02-2007, 18:18
Thanks for the comments guys.

Just a real quick update, I've finished the modelling now apart from some minor gap filling.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/vindicatorcomplete.jpg

Im still wondering how to do the bases Im leaning more towards the grey.

Thanks

Voronwe[MQ]
24-02-2007, 19:14
Hm, perhaps a Shadow Grey, Brown Ink wash and Codex Grey drybrush for highlight could work with your fine yellow armour? I wonder, since I'm almost sure that the sand colour I use would look good along with your Fists.

Voronwe

dave is the best
27-02-2007, 18:03
I cant wait to see these finished.

I even think im going to do a army based on yours

Dave

shaw3029
03-03-2007, 18:37
I've been spurred on by the painting competition and have decided what I want to enter. So hopefully by the end of the month there will be a fair amount of painted stuff to show off.

However, I still want to finish my Speed freaks, And I am moving soon and Im also starting a small blood angels force for this.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72321

Seeing as how Im already halfway through my Imperial Fists and someone else has nabbed them.

But anyway onto some updates..

I've finished the terminator squad,

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorsquadfront.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorsquadwithbannerfront.jpg

And a back view, Seeing as il need it for the painting comp.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorsquadwithbannerback.jpg

shaw3029
03-03-2007, 18:39
And some Individual shots.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorsquadleadewithbannerr.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorsquadleader.jpg

Now the question here Is.

Should I give him a banner? Does It look good on him, Im yet to decide.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorsquadmember2.jpg

1st assault cannon.

shaw3029
03-03-2007, 18:41
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorsquadmember1.jpg

2nd assault cannon. (he Is cleaned up and not that scruffy looking at all)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorsquadmember3.jpg

Storm bolter Terminator 1

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorsquadmember4.jpg

Storm Bolter Terminator 2

This guys got to be my Favorite model of the whole army so far!

Thanks for looking and please feel free to post comments critism and any other encouraging things.

Thanks guys.

amstelbier
03-03-2007, 21:20
that last one looks pretty badass...

rivers3162
04-03-2007, 18:43
I've been following this thread for a while now but not yet posted. I really like the terminators and the dreadnought (I'm thinking of doing IFs too). However, I think my favourite model of the whole army so far is the chaplain. He looks like a proper grizzled veteran, as chaplains should be and I'm looking forward to seeing him painted.

The yellow is nice too, I've tried doing yellow a couple of times but it never really seems to look all that great, However on your test marine it looks really vibrant and bright while not being too OTT. Kudos to you sir!

fistofdorn
05-03-2007, 06:25
everything is absolutly great, i just have one queiry......why did u give the sergeant a power fist? just doesnt seem logical...

everything looks sweet as though :)

keep it up

cheers
chris

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-03-2007, 06:33
the army looks great get some more painted hope the BA 's will look as good as these

shaw3029
05-03-2007, 11:30
Hi. Guys, thanks for all your great comments.

Rivers...
Thanks for the nice comments, hope to see some of your models soon.

Fist Of Dorn...
Thanks, Well the sergeant has a power fist because it looks cool. I can also use it as a close combat weopon instead If I wanted to. So thats why. Although I was thinking of converting it so it looks like the one off the cover of flight of eisenstein. I've started to paint them so Im not to sure yet.

Arch Traitor Horus...
Well Ive started painted the whole army yellow. There all sprayed and have the armour painted yellow and the wash over them. Everythings got that at the moment. Some even have a couple of coats of yellow on there armour. So perhaps when they are all painted your get a huge update at once we will see though.
Im aiming to make the Blood Angels look good, Got alot of ideas that I was going to use for the Imperial Fists but I think I might end up using them for both.

Thanks.

doghouse
08-03-2007, 23:47
i have to agree with the others that last terminator is excellent!
Great army you got here mate! :)

shaw3029
08-03-2007, 23:51
Heres a pretty small update. Ive just been cleaning up all the models as Im painting the first yellow coat on each model. Theres a fair few bits I've missed.

The dreanoughts front has had a complete rework. Its not finished just yet, I've got to neaten up the side some more so there relaly straight.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/dreadnoughtchange.jpg

Im not sure If I want somthing going across the middle of the cables. Give me some input here.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/terminatorchange.jpg

I just ripped his arm off and repositioned it. This was my least favorite of the whole squad. He just didnt look cool. Hes still my least favorite but hes looking alot better now.

Curse my green stuff skills they always seem so shabby, il have to neaten them all up.

Doghouse. Thanks very much. And thanks for giving me some tips on making them.

doghouse
08-03-2007, 23:59
No problem mate, always glad to be of assistance. ;)
The dread's looking good mate, perhaps a fist in the middle of the cables might work?
I take it that when the terminators start taking hits that guy is first in line to bite the bullet then? :D
I personally think he looks fine.

shaw3029
09-03-2007, 01:01
You mean somthing like this?

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/dreadnoughtchangefist.jpg

I think It looks good, might have to try and find a way of sinking it into the cables some more or somthing.

Its not that I dont like him, He just isnt as cool as all the other squad members. I imagine hes going to be the first to take the hits. :) Hes just looks a bit plain but the whole squad cant all look as cool as that one guy.

And A couple of questions...

Did they have even have chaplains pre heresy. Apart from Erebus?

Did they have Assault cannons I was thinking of changing one of my terminators autocannons to this. (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947010200217&orignav=9) and If I did change that then what about the dreadnought?

I was reading the new horus heresy book and it would seem acording to that that the black trim was the 1st company.

Thanks.

Arch-Traitor Horus
09-03-2007, 05:13
shame u Drop out of the tale of the legions u will be sadly missed

doghouse
09-03-2007, 13:42
Yeah that looks cool! Perhaps you could try a small vertical plate of plasticard (just a little wider than the fist) in the center with the fist sat on it?

Yeah Chaplains were around pre-heresy although it is said that the traitors turned on theirs and killed them when the Heresy broke out, with the exception of the Word Bearers that is. :)

Assault cannons are a bit more speculation than solid facts. Codex Chaos includes Reaper Autocannons as a heavy weapon option because it is said that the Assault Cannon wasn't around for Terminators when the Traitors fled to the eye of terror.
Dreadnoughts were originally used as test platforms for Terminator weapon systems because ultimately it was the Emperor's goal to have all marines wearing terminator armour. So possibly Dreads had them but if terminators had them it'd be more likely towards the end of the Heresy.
Your best option is to use/model the Reaper Cannon like you suggested and just use the Assault Cannon rules, that's probably the easiest and most accurate representation.
In terms of technological progress I'd say that the Dreadnought Twin Linked Autocannon led to the Terminator Reaper Autocannon which in turn led to the Dreadnought Assault Cannon that led to the Terminator Assault Cannon towards the end of the war.

shaw3029
09-03-2007, 16:58
Ok,

So like this? Do you think I should connect it to the top piece like on the part either side?

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/dreadnoughtchangefist2.jpg

Heres what I came up with so far, Im leaning towards connecting it up like the other bits.

Its good to know that they had chaplains Otherwise Id have to do a large rethink. I might even end up adding a command squad yet I like the idea of a hard elite unit. Not to sure though.

What did the Chaplains do during and before the heresy. Seeing as there was No religion.

I was thinking of keeping the assault cannon on the dreadnought, unless I can find a reaper auto cannon. Im also going to keep the assault cannon on the newer mark of terminator armour but on the older one I think Im going to replace It with the chaos reaper autocannon. As long as it fits.

Thanks.

shaw3029
09-03-2007, 21:09
I thought I would post up my army list, see what you all think and to let you know whats In store. All the things I already have are In itallics.

HQ.

Chaplain. 85 110
Plasma Pistol. 15
Bionics. 5
Teleport homer. 5

Elites.

Terminators. 200 240
2 x Assault cannons.

Venerable Dreadnought 125
Assault cannon

Troops.

5 x Marines. 75 117
plasma. 10
Terminator honours. 15
Power fist. 15
Auspex. 2

5 x Marines. 75 80
Heavy bolter. 5

5 x Scouts. 60 65
Heavy bolter. 5
Close combat weopons ?!?

Fast Attack.

5 x Asault marines. 110 121
1 x plasma pistol. 5
1 x flamer 6

3 x jetbikes. 32 96

2 x landspeeders 100 155
Multimelta. 15
Heavy flmaer. 10
Assault cannon. 30

Heavy support.

Vindicator. 125 150
Extra armour. 5
Dozer blade. 5

Landraider. 250

TOTAL. 1509

I think I've got the total right. In which case Im a bit off 1500. I was thinking of dumping the Sgt with the power fist. Although I want the army as What you see Is what you get. The Dreadnought got a stormbolter as well which I havnt brought seperatly.

There Is a bit of room for chopping and changing and any suggestions will be most helpful.

shaw3029
15-03-2007, 22:27
I've been painting up the Chaplain recently. Heres a really bad photo of him.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/ChaplainWIP.jpg

Hes still got alot of work to go but thats him so far.

What do you all think?

Thanks.

cyphertheory
21-03-2007, 12:25
whats the progress on the chaplain then Mr. Shaw?

shaw3029
21-03-2007, 21:26
Updates on the chaplain, Well seeing as you asked I actually have some.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Chaplain.jpg

Hes no where near finished but It gives you an idea.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Chaplain1.jpg

A close up of the plasma pistol light source.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/shaw3029/Imperial%20Fists/Chaplain2.jpg

And a close up of the base. It Is less grey than this in rela life theres alot more earthy colours using the new base paint things they have out.

Unfortunatly I havnt made very much progress at all because I have moved house again and will be moving again shortly and having put nearly all of my warhammer stuff up for sale. (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1396980#post1396980) There just isnt enough room to paint at the moment.

Thanks.

EmperorsChamp01
21-03-2007, 21:49
man that yellow on the chaplain is sweet. good job man.

cyphertheory
21-03-2007, 21:55
excellent work on the chaplain mate, got any ideas what you are going to do with the banner yet?

good to see this lot getting more finished, ill have to give you a 1500pt game when you get it all done

ps: ur link is broken to your for sale stuff in ur post, but the one in ur sig is working

DigitsDavid
21-03-2007, 22:38
Great thread. Some great ideas.

doghouse
22-03-2007, 00:07
Looking great mate! The new front on the dred looks really nice and the Chaplin is coming along really well. :)

shaw3029
25-03-2007, 22:06
EmperorsChamp01,DigitsDavid.Thanks very much.

Cphertheory... Fixed the link. Im not too sure yet what Im going to do with the banner, I was thinking of the Fist symbol but I have alot of banners to do so I got to think of alot more. We can play a game but only once you get your crimson fists all finished.

Doghouse... Thanks very much. I've finished doing the front of it now and hopefully will get it painted up soon enough.

cyphertheory
26-03-2007, 15:27
actually im gonna finish my dark angels now, i got nearly 1000pts painted, just gonna add a few bits so i will be ready in a couple of weeks time. better get painting mate :D

Lavadude360
26-03-2007, 16:45
studs what are they?

shaw3029
28-03-2007, 10:52
Cyphertheory.. I doubt I will have them finshed by the time you have your dark angels finished seeing as there mostly done already! But I might well have a 1000 points made up as I now got the bits for my scouts and assault marines come through. Actually I just need a assault squad and them I will be good to start making them all.

lavadude360.. Are you asking what I made the studs from exactly? Seeing as you asked in such a nice manner I will tell you.

Drill out the whole.
Fill it with green stuff.
Cut the end of a pin off.
Stick it in the green stuff.
Smooth it out.

Done.

You might have soem trouble finding the right pins I dont know where I got mine from and Im running out so Im going to have to try and find some more.

Thanks people.

Lavadude360
28-03-2007, 16:04
thanks.

i will go and scavenege some pins now.

junglesnake
12-03-2008, 16:08
If its any help the ones I use that look like that sort of size are 20mm or 3/4" Moulding Pins.

I like the terminators. The shoulder plates say more "tactical dreadnought armour" than the normal pads.

shaw3029
13-03-2008, 17:34
Hi Junglesnake.

This thread is pretty old now and I havnt updated it in a long while. I still have the army and I've slowly got more bits for it.

At the moment Im working on my Ork Army but rest assured these guys will be completed.

Thanks

Lepp
17-04-2008, 20:12
At the moment Im working on my Ork Army but rest assured these guys will be completed.

Thank heavens; this is one of my favorite threads.