PDA

View Full Version : Astadors Army blog

Pages : 1 [2]

Astador
25-12-2006, 01:01
Thansk Deadley! That means alot coming from yourself!

Captain; Nice man! Can't wait to see that one! Well I didn't get black spray paint, so I have to wait till Tuesday now. But I will be doing the Deathwing still. I'll get some work done after dinner.

Astador
27-12-2006, 19:13
Astador=jobless but I still have my first 50 DKoK, so we're going to be seeing alot more work after tonight, since I have nothing else to do while I look for new jobs!

Captain_Wolverine
27-12-2006, 20:00
why you no longer worky

Astador
27-12-2006, 20:26
Well buisness has been bad for awhile now. We changed the product we sold hoping we could manage to have alot better buisness, but we had worse. So now we are closing up tomorrow night. I got a few extra hours tomorrow during the day and I come back tomorrow night to collect my check and help lad the car with whats left of the product and our cunputer and other stuff. I have already started looking for a new job, but it will be atleast a week before I get a call back for an interview form any of the places. I have a fall back job that a family friend can get me where I'll make $8 an hour plus bonus' but I really want to stay working in the mall. If I don't get a call back after two weeks I'm going to apply there. I had turned down a few job overs at the beggining on December thinking we would stay open longer than we are.

Astador
28-12-2006, 15:07
OK well now that I am restocked on spray paint and no longer employed after 4 PM today, I am setting a goal for painting this weekend. Today after I cash my check I will run up to Hobby Town and pick up more supplies. A Hellhound for my DKoK and another box of Assault Marines more than likely, or more tactical marines. Tonight I will finish painting the first 10 DKoK and start the second 10, while Assembling the third set of 10. With both of the command squads done then, I will have 1 Senior Command, 1 Junior Command, and 2 Plattoons of Infantry. Once they are done I will finish assembling my Dark Angels army and prime the first squad. While they dry, I will start assembling the 20 DKoK firing. Hopefully I will find a Commissar Yarrick to act as my Senior Officer, and someone else to be my Junior Officer. We'll see what I dig up at two different shops today.

Boss_Salvage
28-12-2006, 15:23
"OK well now that I am restocked on spray paint and no longer employed after 4 PM today, I am setting a goal for painting this weekend."

Good man, put that time off to good use. Good luck, with modeling and with job hunting.

- Salvage

Astador
28-12-2006, 15:29
Thanks man! Well I have plenty of applications to turn in, so when I get off, I'll drop those off((all are in the mall save one which is across the street from Hobby Town)), cash my check and go hunt down a Leman Russ and Hellhound at the two local stores! lol Not sure which to take against Orks, so I plan on taking both.

Scorpio
28-12-2006, 18:31
What happened to the christmas paintathon? No pics yet? Everything sounds good but we have no evidence. More more more!

-Scorpio

Astador
28-12-2006, 18:41
No sadly I didn't have the time! My dad and stepmom forced family time on me. I'll be sure to take plenty of pics when I get off in 2 hours though! I'm not sure what to do with my DW. I don't feel like painting them preheresy colors, and I don't know how good the bone will look. Any chapter suggestions?

Scorpio
28-12-2006, 23:53
You could make them the first company of pretty much any chapter. And i know what you mean about family time. Well happy new year and all that jazz now back to work! Sorry about you losing your job man but it sounds like you'll have one soon enough.

-Scorpio

Astador
29-12-2006, 01:56
Haha I know! I just can't figure out which chapter! lol

Yeah thanks man! I have a couple of ins in a few shops that I can work. Happy New Years to you too! ok I'm back to work. Going to prime the 16 DKoK I have built.

Astador
29-12-2006, 04:35
OK well here are some pics. Just what I've been doing tonight and the current state of my bedroom.

Dark Angels
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Dark%20Angels/umm907.jpg

Death Korps
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/umm909.jpg

Condition of bedroom
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/umm908.jpg
Cheers

liamrob
29-12-2006, 04:53
Well i haven't really been on warseer much in the past 2 weeks. Time to get back and support all of ya. I can't wait for some more pics of the painted DKoK.

The colouring on page 12 is very nice. I neva have thought of getting other pics and colouring them in. Keep up the good work!

liamrob

Astador
29-12-2006, 05:10
Hey thanks for the comments mate! Well I am still working on assembling all the Dark Angels. It is a pain in the ass let me tell you!

liamrob
29-12-2006, 05:27
Well the condition of ur bedroom isn't the best but i see you got plenty of bitz =p

I can't wait for another year for when i get a job. Then i can finally get the paints when i run out or get the models when i need some more.

I hope the DA are as good as ur models earlier on.

Althanan
29-12-2006, 05:50
Heh, I think the TV in my room is the same as yours, given the remote.

And I think that, somehow, someway, my veritable pit of a room is actually cleaner than yours ATM ;)

Anyhoo, you've done some nice work in the past... now get cracking on more painting! :P

Astador
29-12-2006, 05:59
Haha thanks for the comments guys! I love my TV for Xmas I got a Xbox 360 so I moved my Xbox in here. Haha long hard work with Halo2 on Xbox Live breaks! lol

I'm about to go to sleep. I'll prime everything tomorrow.

liamrob
29-12-2006, 06:16
IMO i recon halo and halo 2 are the best xbox live games even though i haven't played it on xbox live :( i don't have it. But one of me mates plays on live all da time i think.

I wish i even had a TV in ma room and allowed to have my xbox in there. Someday i will =p. Can't wait for the pics.

Astador
29-12-2006, 06:19
Haha well I lucked out on the TV. Its a two bedroom apartment so my brother shares the room. He got a Gamecube for his birthday one year, and to go with it, we both got the nice tv we have now! lol So tomorrow I plan on buying The Faint cd and then coming home and working on my models. I need my Agenda Suicide, Worked up so Sexual, and Erection going on repeat while I work! I recommend them! They are amazing songs from an amazing band.

liamrob
29-12-2006, 06:28
I prefer to go with system of a down, Mudvayne, Slipknot, metallica if ur a rock type of person. I prefer fast beats or real catchy tunes. I've neva heard of those ones u mentioned =p

I used to share a bedroom with my bro but now hes got my dads old one cause ma dad works in da country now. So we see him every weekend but its fine with me i get a whole bedroom to myself. Downside is i don't get to see dad everyday. Oh well life goes on.

Astador
29-12-2006, 06:32
well I rarely see my dad, but thats by choice. I abuse his camera when I do see him. I don't like him or my stepmom.
Anyway, I love The Faint, but I do tend to listen to hardcore music or techno while I paint. Any background noise works for me.

liamrob
29-12-2006, 06:38
You gotta get used to everyone in life =p

I rarely listen to music when i'm painting. Mainly cause there is no radio near my painting table.

Well night then. I hope u get some good painting done tomorrow.

Astador
29-12-2006, 06:43
Thanks night to all yall too!

TanithScout
29-12-2006, 06:59
hey there astador, i just thought id check in and see how your flesheaters/tearers were coming along...though it doesnt seem to be. however, id like to see you get to work on those death korps : D

as for music, i must listen to it while i paint, it motivates me. however, i generally listen to goth/industrial/ebm, stuff like velvet acid christ, hocico, skinny puppy, amduscia, god module, vnv nation, funker vogt, specimen, sex gang children, clan of xymox, sisters of mercy

stuff like that, either way though, music is a handy motivater

Astador
29-12-2006, 16:54
Well I did finish them, I just haven't been able to get a good picture. I'll try. I got new sealer, so I can finally seal them so they don't get damaged! More work in abit, I just woke up.

chuckyhol
29-12-2006, 17:05
How do you abuse a camera? On second thoughts, I don't even wanna know. Young people these days...:)

Astador
29-12-2006, 17:17
Well I take a hell of alot of pictures, but yall only see the good ones. And thats is the only real reason I go to my dads. Since they kind of took my good camera, said it was there and are charging me a minimum of $200 to get it looked at and see whats wrong with it just so they can keep it.

Captain_Wolverine
29-12-2006, 17:37
well i say once u get a new job save up get a new camera and then you only have to deal with your father when u want too

Astador
29-12-2006, 17:40
Thats the plan! lol I've been looking at cameras as well, so I shall be getting one soon! Hmm I am unsure what to aquire today when I go up to the hobby store.

schoolcormorant
29-12-2006, 19:12
well I rarely see my dad, but thats by choice. I abuse his camera when I do see him. I don't like him or my stepmom.
Anyway, I love The Faint, but I do tend to listen to hardcore music or techno while I paint. Any background noise works for me.

yeah, i found that, now i have an ipod, last night i was painting from 12am to 5 am - honestly! just listenign to the Hives, Kasabian, Snow Patrol, razorlight etc didn't move until i looked at the time. anyway, don't worry about messy room, who cares - except the family living under your magazines ;)

anyway, you have far more to paint than me, so i am now happy - keep up the good work :)

SC

Astador
29-12-2006, 19:23
Thanks man! Yeah I still haven't left or painted! I finished assembling the 80+ marines on the desk though! And then got buried under job applications. Bought to take a shower and leave, I'll be back later to do more work though!

Keep the comments coming!

Scorpio
29-12-2006, 21:39
Haha thanks for the comments guys! I love my TV for Xmas I got a Xbox 360 so I moved my Xbox in here. Haha long hard work with Halo2 on Xbox Live breaks! lol

I'm about to go to sleep. I'll prime everything tomorrow.

I know what you mean. I got my 360 a year ago but didnt get live until this chrsitmas. But for me its been Gears of War breaks.:D

Well everythings looking good. Try not to play too much live we want to see some minis before next year;)

-Scorpio

Astador
30-12-2006, 01:55
Haha don't worry I haven't played it since I moved it into my room! I bought a hellhound today. Need ideas on how to convert it! I hate the metal turret and want to replace as much of it as I can with plastic. Any ideas?

Scorpio
30-12-2006, 03:03
Do you still want to use it as a hellhound? If so just find like a predator turret and take a heavy flamer or such and glue it on instead of the main gun. Or just kit bash the turret if you dont really care what it is.

-Scorpio

Astador
30-12-2006, 03:16
Well I want it to be a Hellhound, give the orks abit of a run for their money. I'm definatly going to try and make it look like a flamer, otherwise, idk what I'm going to do.

Astador
30-12-2006, 06:03
Ok well progress report. I ran out of glue and I ran out of batteries on the camera. So now pics of the now almost done first squad of advancing Death Korps.

Astador
31-12-2006, 02:28
Ok well after much pain and much glue sticking to my fingers, I finished assembling the Hellhound and the Sentinel, all he needs is the top hatch glued on once it is painted.
Anyway, onto the pictures.
Hellhound
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/umm925.jpg
Sentinel
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/umm924.jpg

C&C?

Scorpio
31-12-2006, 04:33
The sentinels base looks awesome man. I like the sand bags on the hellhound too. Great job all in all now lets see some paint!

-Scorpio

Astador
31-12-2006, 05:48
Thanks! Busy playing halo with a big group so I won't paint till later. but will get much work done!

Althanan
31-12-2006, 05:55
I like the Sentinel mate, nice work on the base!

Astador
31-12-2006, 06:13
Thanks! Well while I wait for the stupid map pack to load(trying to fix about a dozen maps that won't load) I am priming the second squad, the Hellhound, and the Sentinel.

Althanan
31-12-2006, 06:19
Painting is always good :)

As long as you have a minute, I wouldn't mind getting your opinion on my project log... link in sig. You seem to have opinions that I agree with more often than not.

Astador
31-12-2006, 06:49
Alright, I shall take a look as long as you keep looking here and commenting! lol Actually I have previously looked at your log, but don't remember it! lol

Althanan
31-12-2006, 07:03
Worry not, I've been subscribed to your log since not long after it started :) It's been a trip watching a lot of this stuff develop.

schoolcormorant
31-12-2006, 11:15
i like the pose on the sentinel. though nowadays i don't build armour pieces fully, it makes them easier to paint then build afterwards.
looking good - get to painting!

SC

Astador
31-12-2006, 16:50
Alright well the Sentinel is primed, as is the hellhound. I just need to finish priming the second squad. Well I just woke up, so once I eat, then I shall get back to work!

Astador
01-01-2007, 05:13
Well my New Years has been slow, aside from playing Halo all day all I truly got done was setting up my Office Live account and the following pics.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/umm926.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/umm927.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/umm930.jpg

templar1013
01-01-2007, 05:15
Those look pretty good nice work!

Astador
01-01-2007, 05:36
Thanks man! I'm sitting here waiting for AngelusMortis to go online! lol

Alsiaie
01-01-2007, 16:42
It appears I am past due on paying my respects.:evilgrin: So far the krieg are looking good. What did you use to create the sand bags? GS is just far too expensive for those kind of items.

Astador
01-01-2007, 16:50
Bought a 5 dollar kit from Tamiya. Its a sand bag set, 1/35 scale.
Thanks for the comments!

Scorpio
01-01-2007, 22:59
Dont get to sucked into live man! We want to see some minis!;)

Whats your name on live? I bet i can kick your butt:D :evilgrin:

-Scorpio

schoolcormorant
01-01-2007, 23:03
is that a marine hanging from a ruin?!

oh and errr, nice stuff - daren't say anything bad now :eek:

SC

Astador
01-01-2007, 23:04
hit it um man. armedUNDEROATH like the band. Haha, bet you can't man. I own! lol

Haha I didn't get sucked in anyway. I got more work done on the Hellhound and Sentinel. Once I weather them, I'll post some pics. I am repairing some members of the first squad. As I said in Deadley's thread, my brothers baseball glove brought demise to two members.

Yup mate, dead marine hung from the ruins.

schoolcormorant
01-01-2007, 23:05
you're...a monster!
nice work squire :D

SC

Astador
01-01-2007, 23:18
haha thank you sir! lol

For one of my next armies I want to do a stealth/sneaky guerilla war tactics army using this as a kind of insperation/saying.
"we stay here tonight don't let them find us or we're dead"

Astador
02-01-2007, 00:07
Just to prove I am not getting tied up in live, here is a WIP of the Hellhound

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/umm931.jpg

The weathering is far from complete.

Astador
03-01-2007, 02:10
Ok well for the most part the Hellhound and Sentinel are done. Some bad pics using flash. They look better irl. Now all I need to do is touch them up abit and call them done. I'll be getting a Leman Russ before the game Saturday, so that should be the next project.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/umm932.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/umm933.jpg

And someone asked earlier where I got my sandbags, well this is the box they came in.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/umm934.jpg

Althanan
03-01-2007, 07:12
Well apparently the post I made earlier got eaten...

Sentinel looks really nice, the paintjob turned out great! Cockpit armour looks funny though, like it's not quite sitting right. I wouldn't blame you if it isn't though, that metal cockpit is a pain to put together...

Astador
03-01-2007, 16:46
Aye, the cockpit doesn't sit right. I filed and shaved both sides, and it still sat wrong, so I just gave up. I figure I'll fix it on the next setinel.

Thanks for the comments, before bed last night I sealed the first 10 DKoK, the Sentinel, and the Hellhound.

templar1013
03-01-2007, 16:49
love how you did the rust there astador nice work

Astador
03-01-2007, 16:55
Scorched Brown and lots of work mate. I was about to jack your thread with this pic! lol

Astador
05-01-2007, 01:51
Small update with no pics yet.

I bought a Leman Russ and a Commissar Yarrick(used as Senior Officer) tonight. I'm going to begin working on them. I need to come up with something for my tanks, perhaps put Krieg somewhere on them? Well I need some input on that, so let me know. I'll be back in abit with pictures of the Leman Russ as I work on it.

templar1013
05-01-2007, 03:09
hurry up!!!!!!!!!!!

Astador
05-01-2007, 03:12
Well GWs new primer takes for ever to effin dry! I want to shoot it! lol

Astador
05-01-2007, 05:10
Tragedy!!!

Half my sprues, many of my boxes, and my entire art portfolio are ruined!
Any advice for saving the sprues from milk? I was thinking fill the tub I put them in with water?

Astador
05-01-2007, 05:50
The Crime Scene
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/umm935.jpg

The Recovery
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/umm936.jpg

schoolcormorant
05-01-2007, 11:25
your sprues wil be fine once rinsed. the boxes might smell after a while and just claim your art portfolio as a modern art piece ;)
not the end of the world.
SC

Grand Master Belial
05-01-2007, 15:14
I see you are keeping busy. Nice looking IG there. Fear not the milk damage save the art portfolio. You can try to scan those that didn't run before they wrinkle and smell.

Astador
05-01-2007, 16:10
Heh The sprues will live but the boxes and portfolio are gone. Lucking the sprues took splatter, the portfolio took the brunt. But I shall live. Anyway, today its back to work, I have 20 DKoK Primed along with my Senior Officer, and I will finish the Leman Russ and begin painting it as well.

Astador
05-01-2007, 18:33
Bad pics of my Senior Officer

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/umm940.jpg

Astador
06-01-2007, 18:04
Ok guys, so heres the deal. I'm a Dj and I've been recording my second cd for 6 months. If yall keep me inspired and working on my models and my music, I'll send you a free copy when I release it. So keep me working hard and help me stay inspired to keep mixing.

Astador
06-01-2007, 18:47
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/umm942.jpg

Leman Russ, hard to tell but I did the grey on the armour, need to do the bone drybrush and continue working on it.

schoolcormorant
06-01-2007, 18:49
wow a bribe - nice - am i included?!

the only thing that hits me striaght away is that it's a little shiny, as is the marine on the base - what chapter btw?
had you thought of getting some dullcote to go on top of the gloss?

any pics of the russ you mentiones (somewhere else, can't remember where)
you posted before i finished typing damn you
SC
christmas is over!

Astador
06-01-2007, 18:51
Haha I knew you were replying when I posted the pics.

Yeah, I used a Dull Coat, but it turned gloss, so I might go pick up a can of testors dullcoat today.

Yes your included in my bribe mate! This is my second cd and I've been recording for 6 months now with only 4 songs done.

Marine on the base is a Blood Angel I suppose. I just started painting red and then thats how he turned out! lol

schoolcormorant
06-01-2007, 18:59
Haha I knew you were replying when I posted the pics.

Yeah, I used a Dull Coat, but it turned gloss, so I might go pick up a can of testors dullcoat today.

Yes your included in my bribe mate! This is my second cd and I've been recording for 6 months now with only 4 songs done.

Marine on the base is a Blood Angel I suppose. I just started painting red and then thats how he turned out! lol

nice :)

as for the dullcoat, i ordered a can from barrule, i'd post a link but theres no point because they can't ship pressurised cans overseas (look up pistachio nuts too, they're classed as an explosive substance - thats SC's really rubbish and irrelevant fact of 2007, don't be expecting more).
for the blood angel, add a transfer, just break up the red a little, it should be ok over the varnish if you apply it and keep it wet for a bit, just have it on side and ocassionally saturate it with a wet brush then leave to dry.

SC

Astador
06-01-2007, 19:01
Thanks, I'm actually going to freehand it and reseal the freehand.

As for the pistachio that is sig worthy! lol

schoolcormorant
06-01-2007, 19:04
(this is turning into a message service but)

if freehanding the icon, you need to water down your paints BUT that'll make it more dfficult. so a suggestion from WD was, water down black with black ink to make it 'runnier' and keep the pigment strong, i do it for purity seal script where going over the writing again will inevitable make a mess. :)
SC

Astador
06-01-2007, 19:07
Haha yeah I know. The quote is a pain in the ass! lol

liamrob
07-01-2007, 03:27
I hope i don't get grounded from the comp again :p

Well i hope the CDs are good. I can't be bothered going back through the few pages so i'll say again good dam work! The senior officer looks a bit scratched or is that the flash? The leman russ looks awesome. I might have to get my hands on one.

Darn school is back in 3 weeks. NOO!!! Well i we get to see more pics soon.

Astador
07-01-2007, 03:29
Well astleast you have 3 more weeks mate. I go back on Monday, which means my work will most likely be halved? lol

Nope just flash, and gloss. lol He looks alot better irl. The Russ is awsome! I hate the side sponsons, but it is worth it for what it does!

liamrob
07-01-2007, 03:48
Well finally after shutting everything else down and rebooting comp my internet is a bit faster. I'm on dialup at the moment. Got any ideas for a good model and one that is a technical one :p on the cheaper side to or i might look into a regiment or squad of something.

You should enter the golden demon next year. I might think of it to. I'm just finding a model to enter.

Poor astador has to go back on Monday what a bummer :( Well i hope u can still get a lot of pics for us. I got the Jan white dwarf yesterday and dark angels are coming out 7th of march 2007 instead of sometime in February. I guess i can wait though.

Keep up the good work.

Astador
07-01-2007, 03:55
Well luckily for me! I am ordering the box advance order in the UK and having it shipped here! lol I know Icheat! lol I should get the box 2 weeks before release.

As for Golden Demon, I plan on returning to Chicago GT and GD this summer. I posted my '05 entry earlier in the thread.

liamrob
07-01-2007, 04:07
Hmm can u pls post the page number or repost the pic. I don't wanna go back through sorry.

Astador
07-01-2007, 04:46
Yeah sure, heres the pic.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/MCA/Blood%20Angels/0c0312e7.jpg

And this is a video I made tonight playing DDRE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfJZYFUZivA

liamrob
07-01-2007, 05:32
Very nice is the iconography painted free hand or some awesome decals?

Astador
07-01-2007, 05:36
Freehand mate! I straight up freehand! lol

What did you think of my video?

liamrob
07-01-2007, 05:43
I'm on dialup :p So i won't watch atm. Tomorow when i'm at my mums house on broadband i'll watch it then comment :)

liamrob
07-01-2007, 05:45
Btw i started drawing some SM but i spilt my coke on one of the pics so i threw it out. Btw its my first drawing piece just about for hmm 2yrs + :p

I will have to post. Can u do some unique poses cause i wanna convert some of my marines. Your art isn't the best like the GW artists but i love it cause is better than mine :)

Astador
07-01-2007, 05:52
Yeah I can probably do it, just let me know what kind of pose! lol If not, I can do an outline without armour just a form for you.

Hope you like my vid. Make sure you turn up the speakers! lol

liamrob
07-01-2007, 06:00
Ok i will turn up the speakers.

I'm after a pose for a sgt of a shooty bolter squad. I need some ideas on how i can put some more marines together. I also need some ideas for iconography on a rhino from the battleforce i order from bwbits.

Astador
07-01-2007, 06:03
Haha ok.

Well when you have a better idea of what you want let me know.

Scorpio
07-01-2007, 17:51
Ha ha nice movie astador.:D

Everything looks good man. I cant wait to see the DA. It sucks man 1 day until school again:cries:

Have fun!
-Scorpio

liamrob
08-01-2007, 08:05
I'm about to watch the vid. Thats if i'm aloud to actually be on the comp.

Astador
08-01-2007, 12:02
Haha yeah, I liked it. lol

Well theres school today and I haven't even finsihed the second squad of DKoK. But I did finish the Leman Russ so theres an accomplishment. I'll get pics tonight. And hopefully finish the squad, all it requires me to do is paint bases! lol

Althanan
08-01-2007, 16:45
I hope I'm included in the bribery as well ;) What kind of techno/electronica do you mix, anyhow? Dance, Trance, Industrial, Mixer, or something else?

Shame about the portfolio, but at least the sprues are OK :D What happened, exactly?

It'll be interesting to see what you do with Yarrick... with that base, it should be something else, given what you can do.

Astador
08-01-2007, 22:08
Of course, everyone is included! Well my first cd was alot of mixes. This one I am trying to stray from remixing to more of my own stuff. Which includes Trance, Dance, and other fun stuff! lol

Well I had my chair to paint in and had set a bowl of cereal in it and I got up and tripped and the milk flew everywhere. haha

Thanks for the comments mate! I try my best to please yall!

Althanan
08-01-2007, 22:55
Ahhh, yes, I know how that goes. Friend of mine spilled a Jack and Coke on his computer... and likely not a small Jack and Coke, either, knowing him, though I wasn't there. Totally fried the bugger out, too.

Ugh. I need to get back to work on my painting, but some personal crises have been popping up of late...

Astador
08-01-2007, 23:44
Yeah well you think thats funny. My friend and I were listening to Cigaro by System of a Down a year ago and we blew up the computer! lol Like really, it blew up!

Same, I just don't feel like it! lol But the Dark Angels are begging me and the Death Korps plea to be finished.

Scorpio
08-01-2007, 23:48
Well i treat my computer better then you guys apparently;)
(computer starts going slow)

*Scorpio yells "stupid piece of s**t" and kicks computer savagely*

*comp starts working normally again*

-Scorpio;) (PS-Coke rocks!)

Astador
09-01-2007, 00:14
Haha nice one! I've put my foot before a computer as well. Well time to wait for the green to dry on my first squad of marines.

liamrob
09-01-2007, 03:39
That is bizarr that vid. I dared my friend to go on one in front of a big crowd. I was gonna do it and try some free style tricks around the bars on them :)

It would of been fun. There were some 17 yr olds there doing these wierd tricks it was so funny. Better not get carried into off topic :p

Get those painted for us!

Astador
09-01-2007, 21:40
Haha well my friends and I skipped our 6th period today and went to the mall and played some DDR. It was pretty fun, not gonna lie. lol

Fine fine fine, I'll go paint.

Althanan
09-01-2007, 21:42
Skipped class for DDR?! Oh you silly thing... you skip class to PAINT, not stomp on a silly-looking pad ;) *cracks the whip*

Astador
09-01-2007, 21:46
Well the mall is near school and I had to go back for 7th. God I loved 7th today. Its Debate class, I'm on Varsity and one of the Captain for those who don't know, and I owned the affirmitive team today.

schoolcormorant
09-01-2007, 22:00
Well the mall is near school and I had to go back for 7th. God I loved 7th today. Its Debate class, I'm on Varsity and one of the Captain for those who don't know, and I owned the affirmitive team today.

i won't lie to you - that means nothing to me at all ;)

what you painting mate?

SC

Althanan
09-01-2007, 22:16

Ah, well, I suppose that makes sense then.

Heh, I loved debate class... sheer ownage, that was...

Astador
09-01-2007, 22:22
Haha yeah man it is ownage! lol I got them to argue amongst themselves instead of asking me questions during CX.

Anyway, onto what I am painting. I am finishing the second squad of DKoK(yes still), and the first squad of Dark Angels.

Astador
10-01-2007, 01:33
Anyway back to my log. I think yall will be pleased with tonights work. It doesn't involve my painting, but it does involve models! lol

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/City%20Fight/umm952.jpg

The buildings are not glued into place so you can take them off and rearrange them ect. ect. I'm about to go prime it as well.

Aalok
10-01-2007, 03:13
Looking good. Lets see some more of your DKoK! ;)

Astador
10-01-2007, 03:16
Haha ok, for sure tomorrow I will get some pictures of them and the table. I based it all tonight so tomorrow it should be dry. So here is the plan, after school tomorrow, I have to go fix my bank account, exchange my copy of Mark of Chaos for one that works, come home, finish the second squad, move the table back inside and take picture! Hopefully I can accomplish all of that! lol

schoolcormorant
10-01-2007, 12:20
how are the marines coming along?

SC

Astador
10-01-2007, 21:18
Slowly! lol

They are alot different from IG and black marines, so far I have merely basecoated them and am working on begining highlighting.

Scorpio
10-01-2007, 21:38

Nice. I know what you mean about debates. We get into some interesting one in our german class. You'd be amazed.

So lets see some DA man Comon!

-Scorpio

Astador
10-01-2007, 23:59
Ok well once I paint some of the table I will! lol

ss_cherubael
11-01-2007, 09:56
hmm i dont think i have commented here for a while so here it goes.

The DKOK are looking very nice indeed. The grey and bleached bone are nice and brooding and capture the very cynical nature of the korp, good work. Also the bases on all of your miniatures are very good and give the armies a sense of realism that lots of other miniatures lack. The hellhound and the sentinel look fairly good, the rust and weathering on them looks very well done, but i think there is a bit too much on the sentinel, seems like it was pulled out of a swamp, maybe tone it down on the next sentinel?
The other thing that amazes me is the speed at which you are painting your korp. they look pretty good for the time taken on each one. Other than that lose the xbox and tv and paint! keep up the good work
the emperor protects

Astador
11-01-2007, 12:16
Hey thanks mate! I agree the second Sentinel will be much better. Thanks for the comments, I should have more pictures tonight.

liamrob
12-01-2007, 04:55
You skipped 6th to go play DDR still good :p

But skipping 6th for painting is even better. But everyone needs a social life. Only 40mins though so you don't get much done if ya skip.

get more paint applied.

Scorpio
13-01-2007, 02:35
Depends where you are. A period for me is an hour and a half.

-Scorpio

Astador
14-01-2007, 15:17
For me a period is only an hour.

Anyway, back on topic.

I began painting a Preheresy Iron Warrior I made awhile back. I need to unpack my DKoK and Dark Angels after taking them to the club last night for a couple games. Won both! lol

Astador
14-01-2007, 15:31
Pics of the Iron Warrior

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Iron%20Warriors/umm959.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Iron%20Warriors/umm957.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics, he looks much darker and better in person. I'll try and get some better pics.

Scorpio
14-01-2007, 16:14
He looks good from what i can see. The problem with the seond pic is the camera is trying to focus on your fingers and the model. I think.

Looks good!
-Scorpio

Astador
14-01-2007, 16:21
Haha your probably right, but the camera is a straight up PoS. lol

Thanks for the comments, keep them coming!

Astador
14-01-2007, 16:26
Some more stuff for yall!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Dark%20Angels/umm973.jpg

schoolcormorant
14-01-2007, 16:56
you're stuff looks great, with your camera, take pics in natural light, move it back and forht in front of the model to find focus.
i like the iron warrior the flesh is excellent and the tiger stripes on the chainsword are nicely done. the bone on your DA looks quite nice too, i'd really love some close-ups.

SC

Astador
14-01-2007, 17:15
Well mate, your lucky day is coming up! Tommorrow night my mom leaves for a buisness trip for the week and I'll be staying with my dad. Which means I have my lightbox and the good Nikon! I'll be sure to take close ups for you! I just finished the third member of the squad! This is going to take me a long time if it takes me awhile to paint a single marine and there are 60 in the Army! lol

schoolcormorant
14-01-2007, 17:17
where's the tac sergeant's power fist from?

SC

Astador
14-01-2007, 17:20
Its from the Assault Marine Sprue. I have about 6 of them! lol Or atleast I thought I did! lol

schoolcormorant
14-01-2007, 18:08
the pose is perfect!
SC

Astador
14-01-2007, 18:13
Haha thanks man! I tried to do something different with each Sergeant. I personally like the Assault Squad Sergeant the most! lol

schoolcormorant
14-01-2007, 18:16
post a pic post a pic!

(try and say that realy fast ;))

SC

Astador
14-01-2007, 18:26
I did and I said **** instead of the second pic! lol

Ok uploading the pic as we speak

Astador
14-01-2007, 18:29
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Dark%20Angels/umm974.jpg

There you go!

Rabid Bunny 666
14-01-2007, 18:37
I'm liking the Iron Warrior and the DKoK stuff, have you got a recipie for the metal?

schoolcormorant
14-01-2007, 18:37
that is great - though i prefer the other ;) each to his own eh?!

bit of a flash line up his leg?

SC

Astador
14-01-2007, 18:39
Sure I do! lol I've been playing with my metallics for awhile and am always switching between nmm and rmm.

For rmm I do.
Prime Black
Basecoat Scorched Brown
Boltgun Metal
highlight with Chainmail or Mithril, or for dull look, don't highlight. I didn't use a highlight layer on the Iron Warrior.

Astador
14-01-2007, 18:41
that is great - though i prefer the other ;) each to his own eh?!

bit of a flash line up his leg?

SC

Yeah to each own mate! lol

Yeah, need to clean that up. I'll sometimes leave the mould lines out of laziness.

Astador
15-01-2007, 01:52
Bit of a goof off shot while they sat on my desk.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Dark%20Angels/umm976.jpg

Light of the Emperor
15-01-2007, 02:03
I'm digging the assault sgt. conversion. As much as I hate marines, yours look awesome.

Astador
15-01-2007, 02:22
Hey thanks LotE, thats an honor to hear from you!

Astador
17-01-2007, 12:39
Alright well I have better, but not very goot pics of my Dark Angels and my Iron Warrior.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Dark%20Angels/chaplaiin.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Dark%20Angels/darkangels.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Dark%20Angels/darkangels2.jpg

Astador
17-01-2007, 12:42
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Dark%20Angels/darkangels3.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Dark%20Angels/Darkangels4.jpg

Iron Warrior

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Iron%20Warriors/ironwarrior.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Iron%20Warriors/ironwarrior2.jpg

schoolcormorant
17-01-2007, 13:18
nice, the iron warrior looks really weahered and beaten like how he ought to :)
cadian head? it works a treat

good work :)

SC

Angel Robertson
17-01-2007, 14:02
Loving the irn warrior armour! How did you do the rustet look?

AR

Astador
17-01-2007, 15:09
Thanks guys! Everything looks better in person first of all. lol

The armour was done by basecoating him Scorched Brown and then painting Boltgun metal, letting Scorched Brown shw through in areas.

schoolcormorant
17-01-2007, 15:38
might i suggest one thing?
an ink wash on the bolters. you may have done one already but i'm thinking about the magazine, get say 30:70 ink and water and add a tiny brush tip'worth of 'ardcoat gloss varnish (breaks up surface tension) and lightly apply it to the bolter metal - not too much just a little, enough to sep into gaps, too much and you'll darken the entire thing. :)

i'm painting too, the first time in three days!

SC
EDIT - You've just hit 8,000 views on your blog!

Astador
17-01-2007, 15:45
Haha alright mate, I'll do that! lol

Good! I'm snowed in for the day, an inch of snow in texas is to much to go anywhere! lol

Astador
17-01-2007, 18:59
Update in Texas. We're still getting snow, had to go take care of my cats and I had to dig through like 6 inches of snow on my car to get in it! lol I'm going to try and get more work done today but it might end up just being doing bases all day.

Just noticed Schoolcormorants edit. Woot!! 8000!!!

Astador
17-01-2007, 21:26
Well a small update. Haven't really done much since my last post. Here is a sneek peak at the next few DA.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Dark%20Angels/image0001.jpg

schoolcormorant
17-01-2007, 21:38
Very nice astador. very interesting - one Q, why are some parts primed and some not?

thi is post 400!

SC

Angel Robertson
17-01-2007, 22:34
And what head is that on the robed guy?

AR

hertz
17-01-2007, 22:41

AR

It looks like a bretonnia archer head. I myself use them a lot..

liamrob
17-01-2007, 23:41
I like the robed head :p

The assault sgt seams a bit odd. I neva used a unhelmeted head on my assaults cause flying at high altitudes and then diving down and slicing everyone up i think its a bit odd. You'd die of oxygen or something would hit u in the face. Otherwise if it was a respirater head i don't think anythings wrong.

Its up to u though. I use the faces then for my sgts or for my bitz box.

Scorpio
17-01-2007, 23:51
The DA are lookin awesome man. And the new guys are going to look awesome. Love the robed head and the conversions. Love the poses.

-Scorpio

Astador
18-01-2007, 00:03

AR

As Hertz said they are from the Brettonian Archer Sprues. This is the only squad I used them on, but I believe I used them on the enitre squad.

Very nice astador. very interesting - one Q, why are some parts primed and some not?

thi is post 400!

SC

The reason for some parts being primed is I planned to paint them seprately, then I decided to just paint them all assembled and worry about the quality later.

Woot! over 400 posts!! haha

Thanks for all the comments guys, I just got back from hanging with the guys, everywhere we went was closed! lol Anyway, I'm priming the squad and the first 5 Assault Marines so I can start painting them after dinner. I wish it was the weekend so I didn't have to worry about school tomorrow!

Deadleyheadley
18-01-2007, 00:08
Your DAs look sweet mate ,Keep up the good work :)

Astador
18-01-2007, 00:14
Thanks Deadley! Glad you think so! Now you need to paint more of yours! lol

templar1013
18-01-2007, 00:55
Those dark angels look a lot better in the newer photos. Nice work!

Astador
18-01-2007, 01:03
Yeah they do. Hey PM me a link to Worlds, I'm at my dads and don't have it.

Captain_Wolverine
22-01-2007, 00:05
dude looking good have you glossed the DA or used metalic green cuz they look shiny or then again is it me.

Oh I here by bring new life to this thread and bring it back to pg 1

Astador
22-01-2007, 00:19
No gloss or inks used on them as of yet. I need dullcoat to finish them. Sorry for the lack of updates this weekend. I haven't been home much. I played Dance Dance Revolution for 5 hours straight! lol

Thanks for reviving it!

liamrob
22-01-2007, 05:47
I bet that cost a bit??? Can't wait for more pics.

Astador
22-01-2007, 12:08
Haha no, a couple of bucks. We played at home most of the time. Well I'm off to school, I'll try and get some pictures tonight.

schoolcormorant
22-01-2007, 12:37
looking forward to pics!
btw - pm me when the tank arrives :)

SC

Astador
22-01-2007, 12:51
Will do, mate. Off to school for me.

liamrob
22-01-2007, 13:03
You got one of the machines at home???

What tank did u get off skoolie. Just curious :p More pics of painting lol. Your just like me. I prefer to talk than paint or look at other things.

Astador
22-01-2007, 21:25
I have the game for my PS2 along with 1 of the mats.

I traded him some terminators for a much needed Chimera.

Captain_Wolverine
22-01-2007, 23:06
you bring shame on your self owning a PS2 you should be ashamed!

On your kness and beg for forgivness

Astador
22-01-2007, 23:45
I have had a PS2 for years now mate! But I have a 360 too!

Captain_Wolverine
22-01-2007, 23:48
no excuses now beg!

You are praying to the false emperor!

I broke my PS2 so I could use the warrenty once I realised how better X-box are

Astador
22-01-2007, 23:52
Ahaha I didn't need to go that far! lol I just saved up and bought an xbox, now I have xbox, xbox 360, and ps2

Captain_Wolverine
22-01-2007, 23:55
a quick jab with a sharp needle to the lens did it

Astador
23-01-2007, 00:33
Haha nice one! lol

Scorpio
23-01-2007, 02:30
Good job cap'n wolvie! X-BOX RULES!

-Scorpio

Aalok
23-01-2007, 03:44
Less console games....more models!! :)

Astador
23-01-2007, 21:31
Haha well ya know mate! I'm waiting for the Chimera so I can work on it and then the command.

Scorpio
23-01-2007, 21:53
Sounds good Astador. Really cant wait to see the chimera.

-Scorpio

Astador
23-01-2007, 22:13
Haha I can't wait to get to work on it! lol I am going to start laying out the command squad now I think. I am utterly bored!

schoolcormorant
29-01-2007, 15:43
stuff arrived this morning - cheers :)

SC

Astador
30-01-2007, 00:00
Hahah thats good mate! Got worried they were lost or something! Hope you enjoy them!

Alright, sorry for the lack of updates guys, my computer is on the fritz and I've been much busy with real life. I should get some painting done this week/weekend though!

Astador
31-01-2007, 00:40
Alright guys well my computer is still on the sh*ts so I am currently without it, but I have pictures! So this is turning into a nightmare! lol I assembled my command squads and the Junior Officer, but I can't upload pics right now. Will upload them soon!

Scorpio
31-01-2007, 22:38
How are you posting if your comp is dead?:eyebrows:
We need pics! We need proof!;)

-Scorpio

Astador
01-02-2007, 01:13
I'm on mi madres pc, she doesn't want me uploading pics to it, but shhh! I'm going to quickly upload them and delete them when I get them on photobucket! lol

Astador
01-02-2007, 01:29
Ok just to please you with proof Scorpio, here we go!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/S4010016.jpg

Some art;
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/S4010002.jpg

DKoK;
Senior Command;
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/S4010011.jpg

Commissar;
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/S4010013.jpg

Astador
01-02-2007, 01:31
Junior Command and Junior Officer;
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/S4010014.jpg

Army Shot;(Chimera not pictured)
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/Death%20Korps/S4010015.jpg

Since these pics I have stripped down the DKoK and reprimed them, I didn't like the scheme, any ideas for a new one?

Astador
04-02-2007, 03:34
For sale, anything and everything you've seen here and whatever I have. I'm getting rid of all my Warhammer stuff. Reason; $400 of DKoK turned to a barely fixable state after I'm gone for an hour. So story behind it is, I left for Tyler, Tx Friday morning, about an hour after I'm gone all my DKoK models are practically destroyed by my families two cats, and now with my little time I have I am seriously thinking about selling everything I have. If anyone is interested in anything let me know.

liamrob
04-02-2007, 05:24
Ahh unlucky!!!

I hope you don't quit because you've become a good friend. Kill the cats!!! :p
If you are serious about selling them what you got?

Astador
04-02-2007, 14:40
Well actually I'm just going to sell my marines and boxes of bitz. Around 50 Tactical Marines, 15 Assault Marines, handfulls of marine tanks, Termintators, ect. ect. My painted army of Flesh Eaters, and alot of bitz/

schoolcormorant
04-02-2007, 14:51
get the cats, and paint them, badly, i suggest Chaos black spray and auto primer.
kids don't try that at home (unless you are wearing goggles)

what tanks?

SC

Astador
04-02-2007, 14:55
haha, I have rhinos, predators, a converted Crusader, and then all the painted tanks for my Flesh Eaters you can see earlier in this thread.

schoolcormorant
04-02-2007, 14:59
can i see a pic of the crusader? i might....

SC

Astador
04-02-2007, 15:02
yweah let me get my camera. I'm not sure whats going on, but my computer is actually working for once! hah Alright, give me a minute to get the pic.

Astador
04-02-2007, 15:28
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/CalKidsBeddingPixs041.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/Army%20log/CalKidsBeddingPixs042.jpg

schoolcormorant
04-02-2007, 15:33
what...what did you do to it :cries:

BTW - whats happening with your DK, i mean, you say they are barely salvageable, are you going to buy more?

SC

Astador
04-02-2007, 15:42
Not a real conversion, just decoration. The side panels are CoD sprues, and the top has eagles.

I went back through, last night I was tired and had been gone for two days, I can fix a handful of them, but one or two are going to look weird. But yes, my plan is to buy more when I sell the rest of my stuff.

Scorpio
04-02-2007, 18:13
Proof is given so Scorpio is happy.:D
Looks good and weird thing about your comp. IIRC about a year ago my comp had the same thing happen. It was a virus or something.

Looks like it fixed itself though.
-Scorpio

Astador
04-02-2007, 19:53
Haha well I thought it had and now it is back to bein a PoS! lol

FarseerUshanti
04-02-2007, 19:58
How many termeys do you have, are they metal or plastic, and whats their condition. I need termeys for a new deathwing army (coming to a log near you soon)

FarseerUshanti
04-02-2007, 20:05
doubl post internet problems

Astador
05-02-2007, 00:09
Let me count. I sent School 6 of them. Their plastic, not bad condition but some might need to be stripped. I will also send the sprues with their heads and any spare terminator arms and pads I have lying around. Give me a minute and I'll see how many I have.

Astador
18-02-2007, 05:08
Alright sorry for the lack of updates lately. I just haven't felt the urge to paint, but as I didn't get home till after curfew tonight I have a feeling my keys might be taken and I might be stuck home more often, so I shall hopefully get work done again. I'm still looking for a scheme for my DKoK, any help?

Scorpio
19-02-2007, 22:51
Look at some WWI german uniforms. Thats where alot of the DKoK ideas come from. It also help to know what kind of planet your going to be having them play on most often...

-Scorpio

Astador
24-02-2007, 03:11
Well I'm still unsure what to do. I keep thinking something realistic and the more I think about it the more I am unsure. If anyone has any ideas, their going to be city veterans for a campaign.

Scorpio
24-02-2007, 15:37
A mix of black grey and dirty white. Thats pretty standard for Urban schemes. For their overcoats do grey then just take your brush and dab splotches of blavk and white. Helmet black and gun is whatever you want.

Well theres a suggestion
-Scorpio

Astador
08-03-2007, 00:58
Hey thanks for the advice! I'm going to start painting again this weekend I am working on my Ezine again, and going to be doing my models as well.

schoolcormorant
08-03-2007, 01:03
'ello astador! long time no post :D
thought you'd had an accident or something.

looking forward to updates

SC

Astador
10-03-2007, 02:36
Well I had come very close mate! I go to get my knees checked this Tuesday, hopefully no surgery for me! haha. No anyway, I am looking for someone local who will buy all my non IG stuff for around $300-$350. Then I will be doing my Dark Angels again, I already got the order waiting from GW Online Store, just need the money! Once I have them, I'll be finishing off my DKoK army. Right now, I am still repairing them and preparing for a 500 point game tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well, it is against Catachans and Necrons. Because of the low points and the inexpierience of the Catachan player we dropped the required Junior Officer in the Platoon. My list looks something like this.

HQ
Senior Officer- MC Power Fist, Storm Bolter, Carapace Armour.
Command- 4 Guardsmen, 1 Veteran, Master Vox, Grenade Launcher, Standard.

TROOPS
Squad 1- 9 Guardsmen, Veteran, Grenade Launcher, Sniper
Squad 2- " "
Squad 3- 9 Guardsmen, Veteran, Flamer, Sniper
Squad 4- " "

I'm not sure if I am taking Drop Troop doctrines, I am for sure taking Die Hards and Light-Infantry. That in all brings me to around 450 pts. I have the list the Catachan player is using because I wrote it and he is using some of my Cadians to fill what he is missing with his Catachans.

Astador
01-04-2007, 07:08
Alright guys! After a long period without updates I have begun painting again. I decided Guard weren't for me at this point. And my love for the Dark Angels has taken over again. So I began working on a Sergeant for my Deathwing army when I redo it.
C&C welcome. I've only begun him, so he needs alot of work. Gold nmm.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/new010.jpg

Angel Robertson
01-04-2007, 12:26
Nice to see you back astador! Face is looking cool and the gold nmm is looking real nice to!

AR

Astador
01-04-2007, 14:40
Thanks mate! Its good to be back!
I'm trying the same techniqe used by Hash on the B&C for his gold and I think it works really well!

Angel Robertson
01-04-2007, 15:12
Did you find it quite easy? As i want to try that as well! Its next on my to be done list!!

AR

Deadleyheadley
01-04-2007, 15:13
Good to have you back :) Looking forward to more updates ;)

Astador
01-04-2007, 15:40
AR; Actually it really is quite easy. I basecoated him black, scorched brown, then worked up with Snakebite leather and highlighted with mixes of white. It worked well and looked good!

Deadley; Thanks mate! Thats an honor from ya!

Astador
01-04-2007, 15:58
Heres a bit of an update! I started the other arm as well as finished the servo skull. Again, sorry about the bad pics, I'm using a little crappy camera until Nikon sends back my good one!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/new5454.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/new017.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/new018.jpg

Cheers,
MCA

schoolcormorant
01-04-2007, 16:28
Good to have you back :) Looking forward to more updates ;)

i agree, however i'm going to be more ballbreaking about it

GET PAINTING - you have a lot of time to make up :D

he looks great :)

out of interest, did you ink wash the face?

SC

Astador
01-04-2007, 16:36
haha I know! I have a lot of work to do! I have alot of Dark Angels to paint, I need to get my IG ready for ebay, and I need to get more DA stuff!! haha
To answer your question, yes I did. I used a combination of Brown, Purple, Magenta, and 'Ardcoat. It looks better in person, the pics make him really dark.

Scorpio
01-04-2007, 21:16
Good to see ya Astador!(well not see you, but your posts:p )

Good to here you've come back to the good side and are starting DA.
Well have fun! And BACK TO WORK!;)

-Scorpio

Astador
01-04-2007, 21:39
Hahah thanks mate! Well its good to be back and posting. Hate to say I'm not working on my guys at the moment I am actually playing a 2K point game at the Hobby Store right now. Its a 4 on 3 game and the 3 other guys on my team are alright but not great so I have to defeat Daemonhunters, Chaos, and Necrons mostly on my own. Necrons are my main objective because the player pisses me off 24/7. so yeah, I shall let yall know how I fair. Atleast I wrote my Brothers BT list for the game and their 3 psychers are going to suffer when the BT charge them real fast!

Scorpio
01-04-2007, 23:27
Have fun and hope you win!

-Scorpio

Astador
02-04-2007, 01:39
Haha thanks mate! Although I did not win I had fun and definatly earned my 2K points worth. Hard to say the same for the rest of my team. But during the game we decided we're going to do a club table at Gamesday either this year or next.

Scorpio
02-04-2007, 16:37
Nice. Well sounds like you did good. Whats going on paint wise?

-Scorpio

Astador
02-04-2007, 21:19
Well aside from finishing this guy, I need to start painting my other Marines. I am working on selling my Tau and DKoK/IG stuff for more marines, so hopefully more money flowing in means more models turning out!

Astador
03-04-2007, 03:20
Well I did some more work on him and took some better pictures, but they didn't help how he looks. I wish I would get amazingly good pictures. I'll keep trying. Anyway to please the hungry masses.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/imag001.jpg

Scorpio
03-04-2007, 03:28
Hes looking good. The only bad part of the pic is the gun. Try moving it back alittle more or pointing him another direction so there isnt such a contrast in distance from the camera.

-Scorpio

Astador
04-04-2007, 02:02
Hey thanks Scorpio. I'll see what I can do about better pics! I'm trying to decide how to paint his base. Any ideas?

Scorpio
04-04-2007, 20:21
Your doing urban for these guys right? Grey and black with some debris thrown in.

-Scorpio

schoolcormorant
04-04-2007, 21:16
paint it codex grey, wash with watered down scorched/black adn then drybrush codex, fortress and white :)

SC

Astador
05-04-2007, 02:22
hmm well to be honost I'm not sure what I am going to do for their bases. The army will be a fresh start from the old one and will not follow the same basing. So I need some fresh ideas.

Captain_Wolverine
07-04-2007, 19:58
This new organisation of this forum is confusing thought I had lost you Astador

Captain_Wolverine
10-05-2007, 17:24
Well any news Astador, any updates

Astador
10-05-2007, 21:57
See my new thread mate!