PDA

View Full Version : Armour of the gods?

Arhalien
19-11-2006, 10:39
sorry if this has come up before, but does the armour of the gods require opponent's permission to use? And what is a valid reason for not giving permission?

Thanks

Mephistofeles
19-11-2006, 10:55
Isn't it as official as all other items? I thought it was...

In fantasy you don't even need permission to use special characters...

Morgrin
19-11-2006, 10:58
That was one of the High Elve's "rewards" for Albion, wasn't it?

It was published under 6ed rules, and only on a WD (as far as I know), that's enough grounds to need "opponent's permission" I believe. As for not giving permission one could argue that it's not an official item and that it's oudated.

Arhalien
19-11-2006, 11:04
I wonder if they might intoduce it as an official item in the new HE book, as it does give all those magic weapons that use the wielder's strength much more of a point, as s5 is much better than the pathetic elven s4.

Panzer MkIV
19-11-2006, 12:31
These items are still "official". As long as GW doesn't wave a big sign that says BANNED you're free to use it. IIRC a friend of mine used it at a recent tourny and there was not a single person who complained.

This is also true for all the Albion items for other armies ofcourse ;)

Morgrin
19-11-2006, 13:17
Not even armies from the Storm of Chaos are "official" in Tournaments anymore. Why would an item published on a WD ages ago be?

Rork
19-11-2006, 13:29
They're not tournament legal any more, but neither are they "opponent's consent only." They hold the same validity as they did when they were released - it's just GW UK tournaments (mostly) that you aren't allowed to use them in.

Just make sure you have a copy printed out when your opponent starts asking what the Gauntlet of Power is...

Crazy Harborc
20-11-2006, 02:33
Well for tournies and GDs GW can issue decrees. What two (or more) players agree to allow in their game(s).......IS legal (in their game(s).

Griefbringer
20-11-2006, 06:03
Not even armies from the Storm of Chaos are "official" in Tournaments anymore. Why would an item published on a WD ages ago be?

Don't mix up official and tournament-allowed - those are two different things. Tournaments often have stricter restrictions (ie. not all official stuff allowed there). Besides, there are no global tournament rules in existence - they vary wildly from tournament to tournament, depending on the organisers whim.

Lord Zarkov
20-11-2006, 22:28
Tournament legal is what you can use in a tourney, official is what you can use in a store and it covers a much wider amound of things.

e.g. SOC and LM sacred hosts are officialy but not Torney Legal

druchii
21-11-2006, 00:09
Tournament legal is what you can use in a tourney, official is what you can use in a store and it covers a much wider amound of things.

e.g. SOC and LM sacred hosts are officialy but not Torney Legal

Good try.

They're Still tourney legal. We had a local RT just a few days ago and there were two SoC lists (including mine!) in the rankings!

Unless otherwise noted, the items from the Albion campaign are not contingent on your opponent.

d

Lord Zarkov
21-11-2006, 19:09
however in the UK GT and all (GW run) UK Doubles Tourneys they are banned
for SOC see here: http://uk.games-workshop.com/tournaments/wh-soc/1/
and IIRC the instruction booklet that comes with the tickets mentions that Sacred hosts are not allowed (I'm pretty sure my conflict one did)
other tourneys will of coure have their own rules on the legality of things

Arhalien
21-11-2006, 19:22
So Albion items are still 'official'?

Arnizipal
21-11-2006, 19:38
The Albion items have been official since Warhammer Chronicles 2003, together with the general errata and FAQ's that where printed in that book.

The Storm of Chaos lists are still official as well as far as I know.
However, if they're not tournament legal then what about the extra items the Dark Elves got. They could use those in regular lists as well...

Thargrund
22-11-2006, 20:54
Stupid armour of the gods - DAMN YOU! i really dislike elves (yes i play dwarfs, and i short and grumpy) especially since arhalien will be using this against me now :cheese: