PDA

View Full Version : Armour of Damnation Vs. Gotreks Rune Axe

Shuya
06-07-2005, 09:40
i really need help with this situation because just thinking about it gives me a headache,

Armour of damnation : Reroll sucessgfull hits
Rune Axe: +1 Attack for every attack that hits

so can somone explain what would happen if Gotrek took his 4 attacks and hit 2. because it actually hurts myself

Commander X
06-07-2005, 10:01
I don't know for sure, but the most sensible answer that sounds the most sensible to me is this:
1. He attacks and hits X times.
2. He re-rolls those.
3. The Y hits he still has after that cause another attack, those that don't hit anymore after the re-roll don't.

Any use?

T10
06-07-2005, 11:20
When making a re-roll the second result stands, even if it was worse than the first roll.

As a result, hits are only hits once any re-rolls have been resolved.

Let's say gotrek rolls HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT. He re-rolls because of Armour of Damnation: HIT, HIT, HIT, MISS. Now he gets thre extra attacks and rolls HIT, HIT, MISS. He reroll the successful attack rolls and gets HIT, HIT.

The total roll is as follows:

HIT, HIT, HIT, MISS, HIT, MISS MISS, for a total of four hits.

This begs the question: how could you not understand this?

-T10

Major Defense
06-07-2005, 11:31
This begs the question: how could you not understand this?

Lets keep it civil. ;) j/k

Here's a noodle-baker...what happens when two HE armies both take the Null Stone and come within 6" of each other? Table implodes?

And if that's not complex enough for you...can God microwave a burrito so hot that he himself cannot eat it? Huh? Well can he!?

Griefbringer
06-07-2005, 13:25
what happens when two HE armies both take the Null Stone and come within 6" of each other?

A very lenghty rules debate, I would presume...

frog
06-07-2005, 16:26
they cancel each other out.....
but they cant because they have been canceled out so there cant cancel each other out.
My head hurts :eyebrows:

Shuya
06-07-2005, 17:01
well T10 the reason i dont get this is because i was wondering if the rerolling the sucessfull hits applies to the extra attacks gotrek gets

Major Defense
06-07-2005, 19:24
well T10 the reason i dont get this is because i was wondering if the rerolling the sucessfull hits applies to the extra attacks gotrek gets

Yes, it does. Each attack, whether original or gained from the axe, re-rolls a successful hit. To expand on T10's explanation...

You get 4 attacks. Any that hit must be re-rolled once.
Now you get one extra attack per hit that was again a hit after being re-rolled.
Each of those extra attacks that hit must again be re-rolled.

Treat the axe normally except that every hit you score must be re-rolled and hit again before it can be counted. That should hopefully be clear enough.

Fredrik
08-07-2005, 16:07
Itīs in the FAQ. First roll all dice to hit even the rerolls, then reroll all final hits.