PDA

View Full Version : Traitor Knights?

malika
06-07-2005, 15:10
Im curious about this since Im working on a Knight mini game, the Imperium has Knights and Chaos so far only has those Slaanesh Knights of House Devine. This bugs me though since half of the Imperium joined Horus during the Heresy and only ONE Knight House? Wouldnt there be more Traitor Knight Houses?

susu.exp
06-07-2005, 15:17
There would be more knight houses, we just havenīt heard about them. Just like there is no fluff on traitor Emperor class Titans.
So other gods or undivided chaos knights would be inoifficial, but absolutely plausible.

Let me know if you look for contributions, a knight game sounds great.

malika
06-07-2005, 15:26
I can always use more help. So far Ive got people who want to base the game on 40k. I personally want to base it on Epic. Dutch as I am (always trying to compensate) we are doing both, but now Im looking for epic people to help, or anybody.

We basicly need more people to help us out. Check it out here (http://gargantklub.proboards15.com/index.cgi?board=knigam)

Puffin Magician
06-07-2005, 16:24
I think the "half the Adeptus Mechanicus turned traitor" bit of fluff is misleading. That doesn't necessarily mean that a full half of every Knight House, Titan Legion, Skitarii Regiment and everything else turned their backs on the Imperium. There's probably a huge proportion of Tech Guard compared to Traitor Adeptus Mechanicus vehicles.

Many hundreds of Knights could've been destroyed by Loyalists during the Heresy, they could've been warped into different Daemon Engines [just like how Khorne and Tzeentch don't have vehicles that match Imperial designs], or they just don't have rules as susu.exp said.

You could always "Chaosify" existing Knights, just like how standard Russes are taken in a LatD army.

malika
06-07-2005, 16:37
The Daemon Engines were created in the EOT and not by Imperial Forces. There were many (I assume hunderds) of Knight Houses, I cant believe they are all destroyed. It sounds very weird to have only one of these knight houses currupted during that time.

But yeah, I am thinking of creating some myself, just chech the topics on the Knights Game thing.

Aaric
06-07-2005, 20:48
what are knights (in this context)?

Brimstone
06-07-2005, 20:56
THE KNIGHT WORLDS

The Tech-Priests' spacefleets found an anarchic galaxy where the ancient confederacy of interdependent human planets no longer existed. They discovered that the Eldar too were facing social degeneration. Many had taken to the worship of the Dark Gods of Chaos, and everywhere the Eldar worlds were falling into ruin. Some Eldar had already chosen to abandon their home worlds and set up new colonies of Exodites untainted by the evil of Chaos. The Tech-Priests also found that wild Ork warbands rampaged throughout the galaxy, looting and destroying, causing unrest everywhere.

The human worlds discovered by the Tech-Priests retained little of their old technology. They had devolved into feudal states ruled by aristocratic nobles who welcomed the Tech-Priests as long awaited saviours. The Tech- Priests settled amongst these feudal empires, or Knight Worlds, choosing planets that were mineral rich where they could rebuild their industries. They established contacts with the Knights, trading with their worlds and investigating the ancient ruins where surviving technology could still sometimes be found. The Knights provided manpower and security against enemies such as marauding Orks and land-hungry Eldar Exodites. In return the Tech- Priests provided technical expertise and help rebuilding their planets.

Over the millennia the Forge Worlds became powerful and the Knight Worlds flourished under their wing. The Tech- Priests and Knights became mutually dependent and each Forge World became the hub of an empire consisting of a Forge World and its surrounding Knight Worlds. The Knights learned much from the Tech-Priests and their societies were gradually transformed into technically sophisticated cultures. Many of the Forge Worlds were successful in maintaining sporadic contact with each other, and the Tech-Priests' obsession with knowledge ensured that discoveries on one world were down-loaded to altars throughout the galaxy.

The most important innovation that the Tech-Priests brought to the Knight Worlds were the fighting machines also called Knights. These machines were one-man versions of a Titan, much smaller and less powerful than a real Titan, but far better suited to the mobile style of warfare prevalent amongst the nobility of the Knight Worlds.

Today these Knights fight alongside the Titans and form a reserve of troops which can be called up into the Titan Legions when required. Each machine is piloted by a noble of the Knight Worlds, a Knight warrior within a Knight machine, for these worlds have maintained their feudal societies over the millennia. Indeed, the acquisition of technology enabled the warrior nobility to strengthen its position of power on their worlds

And I expect there are more traitor Knights than House Devine, I'd just make some up one for each Chaos power and some undivided ones.

GW just never got round to expanding on them.

Aaric
06-07-2005, 21:06
So the knights would be about halfway between dreadnoughts and Titans in size?

Brimstone
06-07-2005, 21:12
So the knights would be about halfway between dreadnoughts and Titans in size?

Closer to Titans than Dreadnoughts.

This is a old Armorcast 40K scale Eldar Knight, Imperial Knights are around the same size but do vary depending on the type.

http://www.pbase.com/brimstone/image/45638004.jpg

malika
06-07-2005, 21:23
Oh that models needs to be redone. More in the style of the new Revenant Titan the Eldar have! :D

But Traitor Knights...if we would have them in a game, could they just be like their loyalist counterparts but with Chaos vehicle upgrades etc?

Brimstone
06-07-2005, 21:32
Oh that models needs to be redone. More in the style of the new Revenant Titan the Eldar have! :D

Would be nice but I doubt it will ever happen, Knights have really been demphasised in the 40K universe and if they ever do return will be in epic.

But Traitor Knights...if we would have them in a game, could they just be like their loyalist counterparts but with Chaos vehicle upgrades etc?

Well yes but ones loyal to a particular chaos power will show traits specific to that Chaos God with the Khornate ones being close combat orientated etc.

malika
07-07-2005, 00:46
New Epic Knight models will be great since Im not too fond of many of the old Knight models

And yes...variations for the different Chaos Gods very important...Khornate Knights should be able to have 2 close combat weapons!

baneful
08-07-2005, 03:33
Slaanesh Knights of House Devine?

these guys(girls/things?) sound very interesting.

does anyone have any fluff on them they could share?

Wiseman
08-07-2005, 07:51
is there any more information on the knights, ive only seen bits and pieces on them, there would surely be fallen knights freom more then just the one house, i imagine thered be a decent amount that turned traitor during the heresy.

malika
08-07-2005, 11:32
Slaanesh Knights of House Devine?

these guys(girls/things?) sound very interesting.

does anyone have any fluff on them they could share?

This is the only stuff I think:

Battle of Molech. Three Titan Legions and over a hundred IG regiments and Knight households defend Molech against the Warmaster Horus and his armies. Knight of the ruling Household (Devine) seduced by Slaanesh during initial stages, and betray Imperial forces during the main Chaos assault. Only 1 in 100 Imperial soldiers survive the battle, the future Daemon Knights of Slaanesh daemonic war machines come from House Devine.

Brusilov
08-07-2005, 14:41
Knights have been de-emphasised from the fluff but they have not disappeared the EoT ORBAT for the Imperium mentions several Households that could be nothing else but Knights. So maybe one day they may still return either in Epic or in 40k (probably through FW though).

And on the matter of Chaos Emperor class Titans, the novel Storm of Iron mentions one. So like Kage used to say "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." :rolleyes: ;)

Inquisitor S.
10-01-2006, 09:24
Hm, does somebody possess a copy of White Dwarf 190? I'd be interested if there isn't really more information on the Battle of Molech and House Devine. I mean 4 lines of info can't be everything what was in the WD?

Exterminatus
10-01-2006, 11:21
I own WD 190. Its my very first copy of WD :) dont have it here though, I will look at it when I am at home.

Minister
10-01-2006, 11:53
I too have that, but not down with me.

There is also the Khornate Impertaor Abomanatus, as created by Adrian Wood towards the end of Epic: Armageddon.

Talos402000
10-01-2006, 13:56
Here's some fluff and names for you. House Poxus becomes the Plague Knights of Nurgle named the Pox Knights. Hmm... a new weapon could be the Daemon Lance (fires a burst of some kind of warp energy) in one hand and a Vile Cannon in the other. The Daemon Lance could be used by all Chaos Knights and newly converted Imperial Traitor Knights as well instead of the Shock Lance. Which rules set are you using? If your using Netepic 5.0 I have some stats for you but if your using a homegrown-system or Epic: Armageddon I'm afraid your on your own. Anyway, these are only some ideas I had over breakfast. If you really wanna keep it simple then just use a random table of mutations/abilites (maybe a different table for each chaos god and chaos undivided) and a generic chaos weapon that is iconic for Knights like the Lance only change to a Daemon Lance.

Scorpio
13-01-2006, 02:33
the idea sounds cool to me. although i havent heard much fluff on knights.