PDA

View Full Version : warmaster question

jp22102000
23-11-2006, 02:49
i was wondering what everyone thought about warmaster, like why you play it or do not play it. i am making rules for 6mm fantasy/historical game and was wondering if i should use warmaster as a base. the basic rules look ok to me, but i would have perfered a giving most units 3 attacks and having a number to hit with all of them, like average units would hit on 4+, poor 5+, and elite 3+ with modifiers.
also another concern of mine is that the army list (for warmaster) all seem to be a mess IMO, i would have rathered if the troop choices were similar to warhammer, with core, special, and rare choices, and character seperated into lords and heroes.

mechwarrior123
23-11-2006, 11:25
My gaming group regularly play warmaster and warmaster ancients and have generally enjoyed our games. The rules allow us to play a fairly large game in a reasonable space of time. The army lists seem to work quite well for the game system, but if you intend to use these rules as a basis for your own rules, make the modifications that you feel would work for you.

fracas
23-11-2006, 12:22
i think it is a fine game
the rules seems reasonable but beware there are gaps that has been updated

i like the look of large armies (rather than large models)