PDA

View Full Version : TANDEM PROJECT PART I: Atherakhia

Atherakhia
24-11-2006, 12:59
okay guys -- here it goes
because I'm really THAT bored, I decided to start my thread already

for those of you who aren't up to speed, myself and Horny-Daemonhunter-Devil will be starting new armies from the ground up. HDD has never played, modelled, or painted before, whereas I have (but am just not very good at it).

Anyways, introductions over. Based on the names, you can tell that i'll be working on Dark Eldar, and HDD will be working on Daemonhunters.

I have decided, however, to start by modelling Archon Atherakhia himself, and raising his army from that point. The reason behind this is because I miss having a model to represent Atherakhia, but this time however, there will be 4!!!! I'll do the standard battling Atherakhia (Atherakhia), Atherakhia "Commanding His Animus Vitae" (A:CAV), Atherakhia "As Shown On His Raider" (A: ASHR), and a redux of the old Atherakhia model (A: Classic). These other models, however, will wait until the end of the project.

So, without further ado, let me describe Archon Atherakhia. He will be a model based around one of the existing Incubi models, but with a green-stuff coat (like one of Vect's Incubi). I'll work from that. In fact, if you want to know what Atherakhia looks like, just look at my avatar. I'm still in two minds whether or not to give him hair yet tho

His armaments include the following: Splinter Pistol, Tormentor Helm, Shadowfield, Animus Vitae, Soul Seeker Ammunition, Combat Drugs and a Power Weapon.

Horny-Daemonhunter-Devil
24-11-2006, 13:08
So now let me introduce myself.
Hi, I'm HDD.

True to his word I have never played 40k before and as of yet I only have a rulebook and codex.

My first project will be my Inquisitor Lord. That's as far as I have gotten. Over the weekend I will be locking myself in my bedroom and studying like a 16 year old in the GCSE's.

I will try my hardest and I'm sure that you'll see me on the painting and modelling threads and anything to do with Daemonhunters.

Hail to Warseer: My Bible.

Anvils Hammer
24-11-2006, 13:44
good luck with this project.

may I strongly suggest to both of you that you complete a few units of basic infantry before working on your HQ's.

This means that when you come to paint the HQ's which are invariable center peices in an army, you will ahve more skill. otherwise, you risk your HQ being the worst painted modles in your armys.

In my IG army, I did the HQ squad very early on and was pleased with them, but later when id finnished the army i went back and re did them at a much higher standard.

UreeL
24-11-2006, 13:57
What anvil said and good luck to the both of ya!

UreeL

Atherakhia
24-11-2006, 14:02
Thanks for the comments guys!
However, I miss Atherakhia too much. Plus, the army building stages won't be until next year anyways

Railgunner
24-11-2006, 14:24
Good luck..and have you worked out an army list yet?

Railgunner

Horny-Daemonhunter-Devil
24-11-2006, 14:29
I haven't but i've got to read some more first.

He probably has tho.

Atherakhia
24-11-2006, 14:39
At the moment i'm going with the idea of the original Kabal, which was as many warriors as possible (with the exception of Atherakhia and his Incubi)

plus splinter cannon in each squad, meaning maximum firepower on the move. Dark Eldar need to keep moving.... Each squad will be in a raider. Heavy support? Dunno yet -- no Talos until Atherakhia captures his first enemy commander.

Horny-Daemonhunter-Devil
24-11-2006, 14:52
Well I know that I am going to have some Grey Knight Terminators with Psycannons and definately going to have a Dreadnought for heavy support.

Not bad i don't think.

:)

Railgunner
24-11-2006, 15:00
Will it be a forgeworld dreadnought?:D

Railgunner

Horny-Daemonhunter-Devil
24-11-2006, 15:04
pls don't confuse me...

Railgunner
24-11-2006, 15:09
Sorry...http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/?action=view&current=DSCI2388.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1 thats a forgeworld one (from my army)

Railgunner

Horny-Daemonhunter-Devil
24-11-2006, 15:17
Just a note: I wont be able to post for a little while coz I have been using the work PC and i am starting a new job shortly so I don't have any access.

I'm hoping to get a PC at home shortly tho.

If you don't hear from me for a while please dont worry; I will be back!!

Horny-Daemonhunter-Devil
12-12-2006, 13:19
Hey Guys, I just thought that I'd give you all an update on my progress.

So far I have got through about a third of the rule book and next week I will be going to the beginners lessons on the hobby night in Ipswich on Thursday. In the new year I will be attending their painting sessions on a saturday too. I have yet to get my PC at home but that will probably be after christmas.

I'm well on my way.
Take care guys x x