PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Berserkers

Hideous Loon
06-07-2005, 20:42
Hey y'all. I came up with a new unit for Hordes of Chaos while I was sunbathing :cool: earlier today. Check the Stories and Art section for small piece of fluff concerning them.

Chaos Mortals Core Unit

0-1 Marauder Berserkers............ 14 pts/model
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Berserker 4 4 3 4 3 1 3 1 7
Slaughterer 4 4 3 4 3 1 3 2 7

Weapons and Armour: The Berserkers carry two hand weapons (bonus not included), but no armour.

Unit Size: 10-20

Options:
One Berserker per band may be promoted to a Slaughterer at a cost of +10 pts.
One Berserker per band may be upgraded to a Musician at a cost of +5 pts.
The Berserkers may carry the Mark of Khorne at a cost of 8 pts per model. All the bonuses that comes with the Mark follows.

Special Rules:
Skirmishers. (You know what that does, don't you?)
Frenzy. (Bonus not included.)
Savage Fury. After both armies have finished their deployment, the Berserkers may, if they pass a Ld test (their frenzy does not exclude this test), make a free move in any direction, even moving out of their deployment zone if they wish.

What do you think? Too much :cheese:, or perhaps a balanced Chaos unit? Please, don't neglect to critisize me on this one.

TheSonOfAbbadon
06-07-2005, 20:43
One Berserker per band may be upgraded to a Musician at a cost of +5 pts.

RAAAGRRH! *drums violently*

Hideous Loon
06-07-2005, 20:46
Yeah, totally. *giggles at the absurd notion* For an idea of how it may sound, listen to deathmetal.

TheSonOfAbbadon
06-07-2005, 20:50
Like they can carry Metallica into battle.

Hideous Loon
06-07-2005, 20:53
Do you have anything to say concerning the rules, or are you just gonna spam uncontrolled? I've put down a lot of time and effort in this unit (at least 10 minutes).

frog
07-07-2005, 15:20
is mark of khorn worth it for 8 points a model?
they are already frenzied after all

Hideous Loon
07-07-2005, 18:08
The Mark of Khorne is only there for fluff's sake.