PDA

View Full Version : 'stealer info

Lion El Jason
03-04-2005, 11:55
Ive been trying to get new 'nid info and I aint seen this up yet. We know 'stealers are losing Infiltrate and gaining FoF.

Well I've heard they will also be gaining the 'scout' special ability which they can buy as one of their upgrades.

Also when talking about Brood Telepathy the source said that a few of the synapse rules had been tweaked, instinctive behaviour was mentioned.

Akuma
03-04-2005, 12:05
scuttle upgrade -its in the roumor roundup ;)

Eversor
03-04-2005, 12:06
That's about it... Check the roundup, there might be some more info there. As for instinctive behaviour, the last rumour I read was that falling back meant that broods fall back towards the nearest synapse creature. And there was something about lurking as well...

Swine
04-04-2005, 04:09
wait so they wont be able to get through the gay space marines armor anymore

Brimstone
04-04-2005, 05:13
wait so they wont be able to get through the gay space marines armor anymore

Well that's a worthwhile first post. :rolleyes:

Please try and put a bit more effort into your posts in future please.

disruptor_fe404
04-04-2005, 06:13
And none of the points discussed actually had anything to do with armour. Unless you're referring to tanks.

Scythe
04-04-2005, 14:32
I've also heard that stealers chosen as a retinue for a Brood Lord will infiltrate, but won't have fleet.

Furthermore, they have access to various new upgrades, like feeder tendrils and toxic miasma (tough both upgrades are of dubious use assuming the stealers keep their current WS).

Nice to be back btw. It took me some time before I noticed the temporary forums. ;)

Wraith
04-04-2005, 16:06
New Genestealers - loose infiltrate, gain fleet of claw.

Confirmed biomorphs -
Scything Talons (+1 attack)
Extended Carapace (+1 to Save)
Feeder Tendrils (gain “Prefered Enemy”, also conferred to all nids within 2”)

Unconfirmed but strongly suspected biomorphs -
Acid Maw (re-roll To-Wound, first round only)
Scuttlers (gain “Scouts” ability)
Toxic Miasma (opponents at –1WS)

I haven't heard anything about flesh hooks or implant attack (in fact I think implant attack may have been removed - it certainly didn't feature on the list of biomorphs that was posted some time back)...

The Brood Lord is a big 'stealer HQ unit which is just too big to fleet of claw but can inflitrate instead (he can have a 'stealer 'command squad').

Brimstone
04-04-2005, 18:47
The broodlord can have implant attack along with a load of other biomorphs.

He also counts all wounds as power weapon attacks (in addition to his rending claws) :cool:

Wraith
04-04-2005, 18:55
Thanks for the clarification on the 'Implant Attack' issue - do they give the Brood Lord's mole paws a specific name or do they just clarify in the unit entry that all his attacks count as power weapons?

Brimstone
04-04-2005, 19:03
The mole paws are just rending claws. Which I'm waiting to paint myself before passing final judgement

His inhuman strength rule is what gives him power weapon attacks.

Scythe
04-04-2005, 19:48
So the brood lord has access to implant attacks? That would certainly make him an interesting choice. Power weapon, high WS and I, rending and 2 wounds per failed save. Sounds like an ideal character killer to me. Not that the hive tyrant wouldn't be able to do the same, but a brood lord attracts way less attention, and can infiltrate.

Boduddley
07-04-2005, 00:21
How do the point values compare with the previous codex?

New Genestealers - loose infiltrate, gain fleet of claw.

Confirmed biomorphs -
Scything Talons (+1 attack)
Extended Carapace (+1 to Save)
Feeder Tendrils (gain “Prefered Enemy”, also conferred to all nids within 2”)

Unconfirmed but strongly suspected biomorphs -
Acid Maw (re-roll To-Wound, first round only)
Scuttlers (gain “Scouts” ability)
Toxic Miasma (opponents at –1WS)

I haven't heard anything about flesh hooks or implant attack (in fact I think implant attack may have been removed - it certainly didn't feature on the list of biomorphs that was posted some time back)...

The Brood Lord is a big 'stealer HQ unit which is just too big to fleet of claw but can inflitrate instead (he can have a 'stealer 'command squad').

Are my stealers going to cost alot more and be easier to shoot at and KILL?

:(

hood_oz
07-04-2005, 05:39
So the brood lord has access to implant attacks? That would certainly make him an interesting choice. Power weapon, high WS and I, rending and 2 wounds per failed save. Sounds like an ideal character killer to me. Not that the hive tyrant wouldn't be able to do the same, but a brood lord attracts way less attention, and can infiltrate.

Hmmm, it does sound like the brood lord choice is up there. Infiltrate, powered up to kill, and as a bonus, nearby tyranids with feeder tentacles give him preferred enemy! Sweet. pity the miniature looks a little ass.

Am actually tempted to fix my genestealer invasion force (re-paint more than anything) And buy some tyranid warriors and a hive tyrant to use as a flying strike force. (only cause I have an idea for a nice conversion)

The rumours I heard were that Hive tyrants can still get wings, but get restricted gear if they take the wings. With the bonus of warriors getting to choose wings as well. just picturing a large beetle type swarm flying across the table... great targets for imperial gunners in fact.... oh well, I dont play to win, I play to have fun. winning is just a bonus if it ever happens for my tyranid forces.

charlie_c67
07-04-2005, 11:17
How do the point values compare with the previous codex?

You've asked that already. The answer's the same as before, in fact it's the same as it's ever been. You cannot and have never been allowed to post point cost. People that do generally get a swift sharp slap from the mods and it breaches copyright.

Scythe
07-04-2005, 11:22
Are my stealers going to cost alot more and be easier to shoot at and KILL?

:(

I fail to see how losing inflitrate but gaining fleet of foot does make stealers easier to shoot at and kill. They are faster now, which means they reach both the enemy and cover easer. And where do you base that pts increase on?