PDA

View Full Version : Mordheim Dwarf advice please

Mr Zephy
25-11-2006, 18:37
I have a Mordheim Dwarf Treasure Hunters warband and i've just filled the 12 man cap, and have bought dwarf axes for everyone who might get into combat.
What ahould the next stage in my shopping list? I have 137 crowns and am wondering whether to get helmets for mu men or something else. Advice much appriciated.

Darktheos
26-11-2006, 07:56
Helmets are are ok but X-bows are better.

Mr Zephy
26-11-2006, 11:22
Well i already have all the X-bows i need, so helmets it is.

Festus
26-11-2006, 11:55
Hi

Don't you think it is time to retire the band then?

Asks
Festus

Mr Zephy
26-11-2006, 14:37
No. I really have only just filled the 12 man cap, and three of those are beardlings with only one advance. I don't have any hired swords or special items, so there's a fair dew games left in the campaign.

TKitch
27-11-2006, 20:19
Dig up a Halfling Cookbook for +1 warriors. And a Halfling Scout for a second one.

Have you maxed on Thunderers? If not, retire some other henchies and get them till you do. Thunderers ARE the best henchmen you've got.

thunderwolf
28-11-2006, 00:57
I'd suggest investing in a hired sword or two- maybe something with a bit of speed, to give you another tactical option?

Mr Zephy
28-11-2006, 11:42
Hmm yes good point: Cookbook and Scout are the way to go. However if I got a speedy hired sword, wouldn't he be either slowed down by my warband or lonely and ganged up on?

thunderwolf
28-11-2006, 18:02
Well, the idea is not to send him off on his own into the heart of the enemy. Use him either as a mobile reserve, or use his speed to sail off round the flanks (in Mordheim, it should be relatively easy to keep him out of harms way most of the time) and give your enemy something to think about- if he ignores your hired sword, you can pick off his archers or something. If he diverts troops to deal wth it, that's some heat off the dwarves, allowing them to do their stuff.

Mr Zephy
28-11-2006, 20:28
Ok, time to hire a Halfling then, for that tasty +1 dwarf and to draw fire from the thunderers.

TKitch
28-11-2006, 22:26
The Freelancer is actually pretty awesome like that. He's incredibly fast, and can really hurt on the charge with the mount.

And he can be a serious threat, if you need him to be.

CobaltEarthgem
08-12-2006, 20:08
The Tilean Marksman makes a good companion for your engineer and a Pit Fighter is good to accompany your Slayers into a dustup.

teh_soldier
08-12-2006, 22:31
The Halflings look like good fun, but i think they'd die pretty easily given what'll be shooting at em...
You'd have to keep em safe behind your sturdey dwarfs.

TKitch
09-12-2006, 01:57
Keep the halfling behind buildings! If he doesn't go into the open, he's not in danger, and rarely will your opponent hunt down a model that's busy not doing anything :)

Mr Zephy
09-12-2006, 10:23
That is indeed truth, and i've been keeping him hiding behind hedges. Annoyingly though his first advance has been to 2 attacks.:wtf: Why couldn't it have been my slayer??? :(

Quin 242
09-12-2006, 11:14
Look into hiring a wizard? That extra phase of magic is always good :)

But if you have a bunch of extra coins.. now you can go back and armor up your boys...

Since you are list heavy then the extra gold spent on heavy and Gromril armor will only add to the life expectancy of your heros.
Helmets are a great bit of kit.

Also for your front line heros.. lanterns are a good bet.. more than doubles the range they can spot hidden units.. give those thunderers some targets :)

Mr Zephy
09-12-2006, 11:25
Hmm thanks people i'll remember the advice, but unfortunately since the death of three of my henchmen, and buying some helmets for my heroes, there's not enough cash for anything new. :(