PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Legion 2150 points

Calanduil
25-11-2006, 18:25
Hello all. Another list for me.
The lord goes into the marauders, the Champion goes into the warriors and the shaman goes into the beast heard. Oh yeah, the lord is the general of this army.

Screamers go hunting lonely characters and war machines while the hellcannon has fun with both war machines and blocks of troops.

Warriors and marauders go in the core and knights and horsemen try to flank.

What do you guys think? Should I change anything like ammount of troops, equipment?

Took away the furies, made the knights chosen and added a warbanner. Added another horseman and got a champion in the group.

---------------------------------------------

Lord
1 Chaos Lord. 274 pts.
Crimson Armor of Dargan, Helm of Many Eyes, Great Weapon, Shield.
Heroes
1 Exalted Champion. 142 pts.
Sword of Might, Armor of Damnation, Shield.
1 Bray-Shaman. 151 pts.
Level 2, Braystaff, Chaos Armor, Dispel Scroll.
Core
14 Chaos Warriors. 268 pts.
Full Command, Halberds, Shields.
24 Chaos Marauders. 193 pts.
Full Command, Light Armor, Shields.
6 Chaos Marauders Horsemen. 108 pts.
Champion, Musician, Flails.
5 Chosen Chaos Knights. 280 pts.
Musician, Standard Bearer, Warbanner
5 Chaos Hounds. 30 pts.
Special
7 Screamers of Tzeentch. 231 pts.
Beast Heard. 203 pts.
Full command, 16 Gors, 14 ungors
Rare
1 Hellcannon. 270 pts.

Voltaire
25-11-2006, 18:55
Firstly, why Furies AND Screamers? Your Screamers unit is large enough without the pawltry Furies. You' be better getting another Bray Shaman and giving him some dispel scrolls.

What do you hope to do with those Chaos Knights? Seriously, I am perplexed by them. I would drop a few screamer - maybe 3, and make the Knights Chosen. You want to hit the enemy, not bounce off him! You can get the Knights the upgrade, and give them a champ with Warbanner for 300 points!

/rant over

Shaitan
27-11-2006, 08:46
I would drop 2 Screamers, 1 Marauder Horsemen and the Horsemen champion.
For these points you should be able to get an other unit of 5 Marauder Horsemen with flails and musician.

I'm a bit worried about your magic protection. Maybe you are better of when you swap your Exalted Champion for a Sorcerer.

Martyr
28-11-2006, 18:21
For what it's worth, I'm trying to find the rhyme and reason in this army.

I personally do not like my General having even a re-rollable chance of becoming stupid, I know there's alot who like this combo but I don't want to follow a stupid general. I would personally give him the armor of damnation and the runesword if I wanted him in face to face combat. Give the exalted champ the helm of many eyes and sword of might.

I would reduce the horsemen to 5 give them flails, throwing axes, and a musician, that's it. Add a second unit with same equipment. These will be your main flankers along side your Knights who for some reason do not have a full command. Give them Full command. They will need everything they can get as they will be your most powerful unit on the board, they will also be the target of every cannon and wizard on the field. Be sure to deploy them directly in the front arc of a cannon if you can't place outside it's range. This way you only lose 1 knight instead of all 5 on a side shot. I would take the Bray-Shaman out of the beast herd because he serves no real purpose there, his Ld is 6 and the Foe-Render if 7. Reduce their numbers to around 5 ungors with shields, 5 or so gors (remember that the ungors move behind the gors and fight in 2 ranks when in CC) and add another unit of the same. Use them as screeners, you will find they work much better than your hounds as they skirmish, are unruly, and can actually stand up decently in a fight and fight in 2 ranks if the ungors are still alive by the time you reach the enemies line.

I would take the Hellcannon out, it's quite a bit of points for 2150 IMHO. Try to replace it with a chariot of some kind. I would also reduce your screamers to 5 as they will do the job just fine and the extera 66 points you can put elsewhere. Try adding another block of 25 marauders, make them your anvils.

Off the top of my head thats about all I can think of.

-Martyr

Calanduil
28-11-2006, 21:01
Reason I have the shaman in the beastheard is that I don't want him going solo.

Neknoh
28-11-2006, 21:11
Looks like a very solid list, there are, however, two things which I will object to, the first one is that you are going to field your warriors 5 wide, I suggest you either add three to the group or you remove one, this will allow you to either field them 6 wide in ranks of 3 once the Exalted joins them, or in 2 ranks of 7 when the Exalted is added.

Second, the second level on your Bray Shaman is useless, I suggest you drop it in order to free up some more points, if you now drop a Marauder Horseman from the unit, you should have enough points to add a sixth Chosen knight to your knights and a hound or two to the unit of Warhounds as well, I think these slight changes may greatly improve your list.

and remember, Exalted with Warriors, Lord with Marauders

EDIT: Give your Lord the Armour of Damnation instead of the Crimson Armour, MUCH more effective

pwrgmrguard
28-11-2006, 21:40
your lord has 55 points of Wargear left open, what better than something like the rending sword and then an enchanted shield, deal more wounds and better protection. or take the hellfiresword and the helm of many eyes. tons of wounds dealt and going first pretty potent in my opinion, but then again i've never played a fantasy game larger than 500 points. so you can discredit my opinion entirely.

Calanduil
28-11-2006, 22:11
Thanks for the replies.

Changed the list a bit as I like some of the sugestions.

Lord

1 Chaos Lord. 274 pts.
Armor of Darmnation, Helm of Many Eyes, Great Weapon, Shield.

Heroes

Sword of Might, Crimson Armor of Dargan, Shield.

1 Bray-Shaman. 116 pts.
Braystaff, Chaos Armor, Dispel Scroll.

Core

17 Chaos Warriors. 319 pts.

5 Chaos Marauders Horsemen. 81 pts.
Musician, Flails.

6 Chosen Chaos Knights. 345 pts.
Full Command, Warbanner.

7 Chaos Hounds. 30 pts.

Special

5 Screamers of Tzeentch. 231 pts.

Beast Heard. 203 pts.
Full command, 16 Gors, 14 ungors.

Rare

1 Hellcannon. 295 pts.
Spell Breaker

Shaitan
29-11-2006, 07:36
It looks like a nice list. Maybe you could consider giving your Hellcannon the Daemonic Gift wich acts like a Dispel Scroll.

You would have to free up 25 points from somewhere though....

PelsBoble
29-11-2006, 11:25
freeing up 25 points shouldnt be a problem in this list. You really want to shave off some numbers from that herd. 8-10 gors is more than enough. if you go for 8 gors 10-12 ungors is enough as well.

Shaitan
29-11-2006, 14:12
I would drop 4 Gors or 3 Gors, 1 Ungor.....

callum in hat
30-11-2006, 15:37
its a very large chaos army, like the lord, not too sure about the exalted champ...

brimmstorm
30-11-2006, 16:35
Why take the shaman at all? You're only going to get 4 PD and they won't do much. You have no magic offense, and no magic defense combined with almost no shooting your giving up two phases of the game. You also lack in hitting power, very few units that can take a charge from a unit of Knights. Your Beast Herd is way to big, if you're taking it to hide the Shaman in than why is it so large??

I think the list needs focus. Your dabbling a little into everything but not enough. You'll get dominated in all phases of the game.

-brimmstorm

Calanduil
02-12-2006, 12:42
Ok, I did some modifications to it again.

Is this list better or should I work on the other one?

Lord

1 Chaos Lord. 274 pts.
Armor of Darmnation, Helm of Many Eyes, Great Weapon, Shield.

Heroes

Sword of Might, Crimson Armor of Dargan, Shield.

1 Wargor. 111 pts.
Heavy Armor, Shield, Sword of Striking, The Fur of Sharrgu.

Core

17 Chaos Warriors. 319 pts.

5 Chaos Marauders Horsemen. 101 pts.
Musician, Flails, Throwing Axes.

6 Chosen Chaos Knights. 345 pts.
Full Command, Warbanner.

5 Chaos Hounds. 30 pts.

Special

6 Screamers of Tzeentch. 231 pts.

Beast Heard. 139 pts.
Full command, 8 Gors, 12 ungors.

Rare

1 Hellcannon. 295 pts.
Spell Breaker.

Martyr
02-12-2006, 16:57
This one looks pretty good. Make sure you visit this site (http://www.freewebs.com/neknoh/tacticachaoticaunits.htm)

It's really a good tactica for using the Hellcannon.

btw, what armies are you fighting?

-Martyr

Neknoh
02-12-2006, 17:58
Oh my, first time someone other than Der_Lex has actually posted a linkage to my yet-to-be-finished Chaos site ^^

I feel honoured