(132)

Special: 4 Treekin
(260)

(260)

(260)

Total: 1996

I became intrigued by the forest spirit units watching a fantasy game one time. I myself do not understand the mechanics well at all, so I'm sure I'm breaking some rule(s) somewhere in there.

Anyway, the idea would just be a straightout charge towards the enemy. I realize that this army would be really very weak to fire, but it just seems like a fun idea.

Comments/suggestions/I'm a dumbass? I would really love to hear any feedback, since pretty much everyone on this board is a more experienced fantasy player than myself.

darkstar
26-11-2006, 02:35
Ok, so you'll be fast as a blighter, but you've got almost no magic defense at 2000 points. You also have no appreciable shooting, and no magic. With all your eggs in one basket, you only need to stumble once to ruin your breakfast.

If you are intent on sticking with what is, in essence, a one trick pony army, break the treekin into units of 3 or 4. Six is of no appreciable benefit to you.

FuriosoShadow
26-11-2006, 03:21
Heh, I usually don't like one trick pony armies, but the theme intrigues me. Ironically, I didn't know about the Forest Spirit special rules until after I built it.

darkstar
26-11-2006, 03:26
Oops, I just realised that you have three branchwraiths. I was under the impression that you had just one. Unfortunately, you can only have one "Cluster" per army.

FuriosoShadow
26-11-2006, 03:49
I added those after you pointed out the lack of magic defense...

Well, balls. Would upgrading one to a wizard give me any extra magic defense?

Current revision is up top.

darkstar
26-11-2006, 03:53
Yes, making them level one wizards makes them generate dispel dice as regular wizards would. And, of course, they would be able to cast a spell, [although it's unlikely with only five power dice]

FuriosoShadow
26-11-2006, 03:56
Great, I'll probably do that then. By the way, where do you see that I can only take one Radiants? I can't find that in the army book.

darkstar
26-11-2006, 04:05
Warhammer Armies ~ Wood Elves. Page 60, the second (and third) sentence of the paragraph entitled "Choosing Spites".

FuriosoShadow
26-11-2006, 04:17
Ah. Apparently, I also had the Treeman points totally wrong. New list up top, hopefully with some more magic power (at least to dispel stuff).

Also, I'm confused about something with the Treeman Ancient - it says he can cast Tree Singing twice per turn. Does this depend on Power Dice, or can I just do it twice if I roll a 4 on d26 twice?

Highborn
27-11-2006, 03:21
Treemen cast Treesinging as a Bound Spell, so it just goes off.

There are some other very helpful spites you might like to consider, and find the points from by dropping the Dryad units to 8 or 9.

- Pageant of Shrikes - used to pick off enemy mages and stop them harrassing you
- A Murder of Spites - an extra D6 attacks, poisoned, can turn the tide of a battle, even if they are only S2.

Other than that, give the list a go. You might want to play with two treemen, because you can be guaranteed every decent strength war machine in the other army will be turned against you. But, two trees often has people crying cheese, so use at your discretion.

FuriosoShadow
27-11-2006, 04:35
I hadn't really looked at the other Spites carefully...that's not a bad idea. I also hadn't thought about taking a second Treeman, again not a bad idea.

Lord/Rare: Treeman Ancient, a Murder of Spites, an Annoyance of Netlings
(375)

Hero: Branchwraith, lvl 1 wizard, a Cluster of Radiants
(140)

Hero: Branchwraith, lvl 1 wizard, a Pageant of Shrikes
(140)

Core: 9 Dryads
(108)

(108)

(108)

(108)

(108)

(260)

(260)

Rare: Treeman
(285)

Total: 2000

colnagoing
27-11-2006, 05:00
Hmm....5 dispell dice wont get you very far, but its better than nothing. Instead of pagent, I would go with annoyance of netlings. Just run him up to a unit of knights with a lord in it and watch the sound thrashing he will deliver (since if its refused you are only fighting either a unit champ or 4 regular knights...which are probably not going to do much harm anyway).

FuriosoShadow
27-11-2006, 17:06
You know what, I'll just drop 2 Dryads and add it =P.

callum in hat
17-12-2006, 13:34
that is very scary. lots of angry trees running at you. thinbk you may get a spanking in the magic phase tho.

Jhayden
17-12-2006, 16:29
Oh man. At the tournament last month we had two WE players with lists almost exactly like this. It was so awesome watching a bunch of shambling trees march across the board. Sure they got shot to pieces but once they reached the enemy and he had no where to run, the beating of the ages ensued.

Best part was when the two WE players fought each other though. They each had 2 Treemen and the only things in their army that could kill treemen were.I..other treemen. It got to the point where they couldnt even tell each other's models apart. Just a giant mass of trees beating the crap out of each other. What a fantastic theme.

pinball wizard
17-12-2006, 16:43
Are you sure your a total newbie?