PDA

View Full Version : Craftworld Mhoram is a-coming....

Your Mum Rang
27-11-2006, 11:39
Hey all. New blog here. Making my 1850pts list a reality. It's an all-shooting mech force.

Here's my list:

Farseer w/ Doom - RoWarding
2 x 6 Fire Dragons in Falcons
2 x 10 Dire Avengers in Wave Serpents
2 x 10 Warp Spiders

And here's my WIP Fire Dragon Exarch:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b388/YourMumRang/FD2.jpg

And here is a test for my new Aspect based on a humming bird to replace Warp Spiders:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b388/YourMumRang/spiderplacement2.jpg

And here is my completed Falcon:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b388/YourMumRang/Falcon3.jpg

:D

Voronwe[MQ]
27-11-2006, 12:35
Seems good to me.

Gae'Mot
27-11-2006, 13:04
I love the paintjob on the falcon.

AventineCrusader
27-11-2006, 13:17
The paintjobs are nice, I really like the gold particularly. What will you use on that new Aspect to represent the Deathspinner? You know Falcons have to have a Pulse Laser, right?

Crusader

Voronwe[MQ]
27-11-2006, 13:35
Nice to see another minor aspect.

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
27-11-2006, 13:43
The Falcon is NICE !!!:D Pretty awesome paintjob.

Keravin
27-11-2006, 14:03
That Falcon is really nicely done. Have you got a colour scheme for your Craftworld you can show us?

ExoCowboy
27-11-2006, 14:22
Looks really good.

Except, where is the falcon't pulse laser, and I am also wondering that weapons will the humming birds get?

Ps. That paint job on the falcon looks great!

asmodai_dark86
27-11-2006, 14:47
Er isnt the long one a bright lance, so called due to its lance like shape.

Looks to me like that fine falcon has a Starcannon and pulse laser to me. Correct me if I'm wrong like. Then again I always thought that it was a scatter laser...

Hang on, the platform weapons sprue has 5 weapons.
Bright Lance
Star Cannon
Pulse/scatter laser
Missile launcher
Shuireken cannon

Hmmmmm theres an eldar weapon missing. This sounds like a job for the Hardy Boys!

(Sorry, minor thread jack, although was quite freaked out)

Kittah
27-11-2006, 14:50
I will be very interested to see how your Fire Dragons turn out, as I'm planning an Eldar army at the moment and intend to include a unit yet am unsure how I'd go about painting them. That gold looks beautiful, so I may steal it ;)

How do you intend to finish the model colour-wise?

I love the Falcon, too!

FarseerUshanti
27-11-2006, 15:00
No the Pulse Laser is the weapon that is on the left when oyu look at the falcon from the front on the box. It is a bright lance with a longer barrel. GW Falcons are always seen with a pulse laser on the left and scatter laser on the right

ExoCowboy
27-11-2006, 15:23
Er isnt the long one a bright lance, so called due to its lance like shape.

Looks to me like that fine falcon has a Starcannon and pulse laser to me. Correct me if I'm wrong like. Then again I always thought that it was a scatter laser...

That model has a starcannon and a scatter laser. A combination that you cannot have.

Pulse laser is the weapon that looks like a lance, the one that comes with the falcon model, not in the heavy weapon sprue I think.

Your Mum Rang
27-11-2006, 15:41
Yeah. I don't like the Pulse Laser model. Thats a scatter laser which I use as a pulse laser. No big deal with most opponents.

The Dragon is a tough one. I have yet to even highlight the gold/bronze and am worried about doing so. The other colours will be Hawk Turqoise and maybe a purple.

And the spears on that aspect will represent the assault 2 Death Spinners by being thrown and impaling more than one guy. A bit tenuous but if I tell opponents what they are they'll be fine.

:D

Voronwe[MQ]
27-11-2006, 18:18
A singing spear-esque weapon? That's what I thought. Good. ;)

Ventris_Fellstorm
27-11-2006, 18:54
Nice...real nice, looking forward to seeing more...

Your Mum Rang
27-11-2006, 22:38
Here's my list....

HQ:
Farseer: Doom - Runes of Warding @ 95pts

Elites:
6 Fire Dragons: Exarch w/ Dragon's Breath - Crack Shot @ 113pts
6 Fire Dragons: Exarch w/ Dragon's Breath - Crack Shot @ 113pts

Troops:
10 Dire Avengers: Exarch w/ Dual Catapults - Bladestorm @ 152pts
Wave Serpent: TL Brightlances - Spirit Stones - Vectored Engines @ 165pts

10 Dire Avengers: Exarch w/ Dual Catapults - Bladestorm @ 152pts
Wave Serpent: TL Brightlances - Spirit Stones - Vectored Engines @ 165pts

Fast Attack:
10 Warp Spiders: Exarch w/ Powerblades - Dual Spinners - Withdraw @ 252pts
10 Warp Spiders: Exarch w/ Powerblades - Dual Spinners - Withdraw @ 252pts

Heavy Support:
Falcon: Starcannon - Spirit Stones - Holo Field - Vectored Engines @ 205pts
Falcon: Starcannon - Spirit Stones - Holo Field - Vectored Engines @ 205pts

1850pts

Imp of High Noon
28-11-2006, 06:06
Mhoram, someones read Stephan Donaldson? Kudos.
I like your warp spider replacements, but couldn't you find some different heads for them? otherwise they may end up looking like flying avengers, course painting may solve that, have you any ideas for a scheme yet?

nigsylbd
28-11-2006, 09:05
Those look really nice love the falcon. What gold have you used on the fire dragon?

AventineCrusader
28-11-2006, 09:42
Mhoram, someones read Stephan Donaldson? Kudos.
I like your warp spider replacements, but couldn't you find some different heads for them? otherwise they may end up looking like flying avengers, course painting may solve that, have you any ideas for a scheme yet?

I agree on the head, I think some form of GSed Guardian head would look better, and just be more unique.

Crusader

Your Mum Rang
28-11-2006, 11:36
Yeah, the Covenant books are brilliant. Looking forward to the new one next year.

And the gold is basically shining gold over dwarf bronze with 4 coats of brown wonderwash.

As for the heads I really don't know. My main aspects have crests on their helmets (Dragons and Avengers) so I'm happy to have crests on the Spiders too.

Now... thinking about my army list. Should I drop 6 Warp Spiders (3 from each unit) to include Eldrad? He can represent Farseer Lord Mhoram and his divination is gonna be priceless for my tanks!

Deadite
28-11-2006, 16:32
How/why did you reverse the picture of the falcon? Threw me for a loop there. Otherwise, nice.
You might want to gloss-cote the model before adding decals... prevents air-bubbles underneath the decals and giving them that 'halo' effect. After the gloss dries and the decals have been set (using decal-set solution), gloss cote again to seal, then hit it with some dull or matte coat.