PDA

View Full Version : starting vampire take 2

dark angel
27-11-2006, 21:09
hi

ive taken into count what people sed and now here is my 500 point list and my 1000 points list (any sugestions on what to take the vampire or the necromancer)

Vampire Counts 500 Point List>>>>>>>>>>

Necromancer, Lvl 2, Book Of Arkhan, 125 Points

30 Zombies, Musician, Standard Bearer, 195 Points

10 Ghouls, 80 Points

Banshee, 90 Points

490 Points

Next 500 Points>>>>>>>>>>>>

12 Dire Wolves, Doom Wolf, 130 Points

3 Fell Bats, 60 Points

Vampire Thrall, Strigoi, Bat Form, 125 Points
or
Necromancer, Lvl 2, Despell Scroll, 125 Points

1000 Points

DesertDirge
28-11-2006, 14:11
I like it!! I'd say depending on who you play.. switch out the Vamp and the necro! If you enemy has a shooty force use the Necro.. if it's combat heavy definately use the Vamp and get rear charges!

matticusmaximus
28-11-2006, 22:27
I haven't had much experience playing against Vampire Counts, but here's what I think. I see Vamps as having two major advantages on the tabe. First, the vast majority of their army causes fear, and is unbreakable. Two, they have the ability to put more troops on the battlefield after the game has started. Keeping this in mind, I would think that it would be logical to drop the command groups on the zombies, and maybe the ghouls, and max out on magic. Bringing two necros in 500 points could be risky, but devastating. I also think it might be good to split up your zombies into smaller units, in order to cause more fear tests. Unit size isn't terribly important as Undead, seeing as they're not going to panic from shooting, and casualties can be at least somewhat replaced. I think that with a Vamp list you should concentrate on maxing out on the number of fear tests your opponent has to take, and try to swamp the enemy with sheer numbers, either through bringing more models to start with or bringing more magic to raise more troops.

northwoodDreamer
28-11-2006, 23:31
Obviously, the first Nercomancer is a must. I also am a huge fan of Strigoi Vampires and I love giving them bat form, so good move there. Banshees and ghouls are both very good and fun. I always preferred Skellies to Zombies... but that's just me. 12 Wolves will be good in a small game, however in my experience they really just die to easily to warrant using them that often. Fell Bats are also nice. For the 1000 pts, I'd say go with the Vampire. Everybody needs a little hitting power. And if you expand to 1500 or 2000 I highly recommend some Wights. Once again, every army needs something that has some fighting power. Fear is great, but having a little punch always helps.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
29-11-2006, 19:35
I´d just like to point out that black knights are great at small pts games, high str and armr save usually makes them nigh unstoppable^^

FatOlaf
30-11-2006, 12:34
Vampire Counts 500 Point List>>>>>>>>>>

Necromancer, Lvl 2, Book Of Arkhan, 125 Points

10 Ghouls, 80 Points

Banshee, 90 Points

490 Points

This is very much like my border patrol list that I was using in a border campaign, I had ten less zombies and had some dire wolves instead.
I found it hell to use, you spend half your time keeping your necro out of combat,taking your zombie block out of the game, leaving you with just the ghouls and the banshee, if you are up against high LD then you are left with just the ghouls.
Try what I did, see what happens, drop the Banshee, give the necro a bodyguard unit of 10 zombies (raise more) keep the book. Get 10 GG and use them and the ghouls and some wolves as your main combat troops, screen the GG with your ghouls and use the book and hopefully danse to get them in asap. :skull: