PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Dark Elves for tourneament

Mangosta
27-11-2006, 23:51
This is my latest list, balanced army ,what do you think about it? can be suscesful against the several races in a local tournement with some local rectriccions?

.Higth born in dragon , 511pt
heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, lance
enchanted shield and crown of dark iron

.Sorcerer, lvl 1, 152 pts
seal of grond and dispel scroll
mounted a dark steed

.Hero with battle standart banner, 197 pts
mounted a dark steed
heavy armour, sea dragon cloak,
hidra banner

.5 Dark raiders with musician, 97 pts
.5 Dark raiders with musician and rxbows, 127 pts
.9 Dark raiders with musician and rxbows, 223 pts (the banner goes here):D
.10 Dark elves warriors with shileds and rxbows, 120 pts
.10 Dark elves warriors with shileds and rxbows, 120 pts

.5 shades 70 pts
.5 Harpies 65 pts
.1 Cold one chariot, with spears, 97 pts
.1 Hidra, 220 pts

Can it's work?

Gimp
28-11-2006, 10:25
Put he Hydra Banner in a unit of Cold one Knights. Its real funny.

sralialo
28-11-2006, 13:35
Except for the dragon and the hydra, there's very little hard units in this list. You need some big infantry blocks, like 2x20 spearelves or something like it. If you don't I think you'll struggle without the static combat resolution.

Dogskills
28-11-2006, 15:20
bAlanCed ? ONe Dragon and one hydra and all in all 20 infantary (rank and file). This is not a balanced list in my book...

DeathlessDraich
28-11-2006, 17:56
Yes I've seen similar armies.
Some suggestions:
The main idea of this army is to manoeuvre, bait, avoid frontal assault and ambush.
And soften up the enemy by heavy shooting.
1) Drop the Hydra banner. It is useful with Executioners but not with Dark Riders.
2) Drop one unit of Dark Riders. 2 work extremely well and are sufficient.
3) Add 2 RBTs. Enemy units are forced to come towards you giving your Dragon ample opportunity to move behind them.

I must add that as a tournament army, your chances of winning are slim unless you can outwit the opposition.

Mangosta
28-11-2006, 19:29
Yes I've seen similar armies.
Some suggestions:
The main idea of this army is to manoeuvre, bait, avoid frontal assault and ambush.
And soften up the enemy by heavy shooting.
1) Drop the Hydra banner. It is useful with Executioners but not with Dark Riders.
2) Drop one unit of Dark Riders. 2 work extremely well and are sufficient.
3) Add 2 RBTs. Enemy units are forced to come towards you giving your Dragon ample opportunity to move behind them.

You get the point of my army, they are fast and without ranked unit

1) This is my secret weapon, nobody will spect a frontal charge of a light cavalry, think in a front of 6, they are 10 Ws4 S4, + 4 WS6 S4, + 12 attacks from the horses, total of 26 attacks more than Wich elves can do. Against basic infantry ranked unit of WS 3 with low armour they do great. But against heavy cavarly or heavy infantry they are useless (but I have the dragon for then!:D )
2 and 3) Maybe you are rigth, this will be my first time that I will not play with RBTs, that is why I remplace then with plenty of crossbows and two fire breath mosters, but could be a nice move to change one unit of DR for a RBT.

Thanks for yours suggestions!;)

matticusmaximus
28-11-2006, 22:18
I like the whole idea of frontal charge w/ light cav. Very interesting and could be effective. But.....

You took it too far. Having a sleeper unit to charge with is all well and good, but having an entire list made of light cav and archers is not going to stick around too long. Sure you've got the dragon for some muscle, but that big ol' model is going to become the target of every single cannon, bolt thrower, mage (especially mage seeing as you've got one level of magic to defend with, and no means with which to kill the other wizards), archer, handgunner, and crossbowman on the table. You've got nothing in this list that will win combat. Sure you may knock off a few troopers with missile fire, and surprise him with the light cav charge, but eventually you have to close with the enemy and rout him. Everything in this list is going to simply bounce off the enemy battle line.

I like your idea with the cavalry. Just try to bring in some more infantry, so you can pose a dual threat with the infantry getting in close, and the cavalry flanking and hitting hard.

northwoodDreamer
28-11-2006, 22:34
Ok, you have a sexy idea. Unfortunately, for the idea to work it takes a lot of thinking and smart playing. This includes your army list. Personally, I see your army getting chewed up. Dwarfs, Empire, Skaven, Wood Elves, and any offensive magic will eat you alive before you can even do anything. And sure, you might cause some damage with your charge from the light calvary... but they won't last. What if you play undead or high leadership armies? You won't break them, and with only 6 models you will lose your guys quickly. And how do your 6 horses get 12 attacks? Am I missing something?

matticusmaximus
29-11-2006, 00:06
methinks it has something to do with the Hyrdra Banner. I know nothing of DE magic items, but it sounds like the lynchpin of his strategy, so thats probably whats going on

Fhoen
29-11-2006, 10:07
hydra banner gives +1attack to model and steed.... or something like that :)

Grimmeth
29-11-2006, 10:35
Yup, +1 attack to all models in the unit in first round of combat (IIRC).
Would be pretty lethal on a unit of Cold Ones - but also does a rather nice job in a spearman regiment - especially if you can get an Assassin in there as well! (Course, a unit like that costs around 500pts!)

northwoodDreamer
29-11-2006, 14:35
Ok so Hydra Banner is good. And it makes your light calvary surprisingly good on the charge. Even so, I still don't think this army has enough teeth.