PDA

View Full Version : Creature Feature

TheSonOfAbbadon
07-07-2005, 10:53
If, like me, you love the idea of GW's create-your-own-creature rules, then you'll be eager to show off the hordes of god-knows-what you've designed, so, I decided to make a thread where you peeps can show your ideas to the other creature fanatics on WarSeer. I'll set the ball rolling.

Death Monkey of Alphirus V
WS:4
BS:-
S:3
T:3
W:1
I:5
A:2
Ld:10
Sv:6+/6+
Pts: 23

Operating in small family groups, the Death Monkey of Alphirus V is small, fast, and deadly. Although they are small, they are easily the size of a large wolf and can tear a man to pieces in seconds. They have sharp claws and fangs, thier thick, shaggy fur is brown but moss has grown on it so some parts appear green, improving the creatures' camoflage.

Size:
Small +3pts

Locomotion:
Quadrepedal [on all 4s] +3pts

Attributes:
Extra attack +3pts
Agile +5pts
Quick reflexes +1pts

Abilities:
Camoflage +2pts
Razor sharp claws and fangs +6pts

Archon Death Monkey
WS:4
BS:3
S:4
T:4
W:2
A:2
Sv:6+/6+
Pts: 48

Known as the Archons, the medium-sized Death Monkies have strange psychic powers. There are few of these, but they seem to be the Alpha Males' direct family, although they themselves cannot become Alpha Males and will be killed if a new Alpha Male rises in their family group.

Size:
Medium +9pts

Locomotion:
Quadrepedal [on all 4s] +7pts

Attributes:
Extra attack +4pts
Agile +5pts
Quick reflexes +1pts
Resilient +10pts

Abilities:
Camoflage +2pts
Razor sharp claws and fangs +7pts
Ranged attack [strong] +3pts

Alpha Male Death Monkey
WS:5
BS:-
S:5
T:5
W:3
A:3
Sv:5+/6+
Pts: 109

Although Death Monkies have no dsitinguishable gender, the largest and most powerful of their groups are dubbed 'Alpha Males'. These brutes grow to seemingly ridiculous sizes, emphasizing toughness and brutality as opposed to the speed and presision of their smaller relatives. They can still move at a great speed when angered and they have been known to eat men whole. In some ways the Alpha Male acts as a general for a small army of Death Monkies. They have a great sense of smell and can alert their relatives to threats by low-frequency growls. These beasts have been known to sometimes lead an attack on small imperial outposts.

Size:
Large +15pts

Locomotion:
Quadrepedal [on all 4s] +10pts

Attributes:
Extra attack +5pts
Quick reflexes +2pts
Resilient x 2 +30pts
Predator +4pts

Abilities:
Camoflage +3pts
Razor sharp claws and fangs +7pts
Massive +20pts
Enhanced senses +3pts
Gaping maw +4pts
Musk +6pts

What do you think?

marineowar
07-07-2005, 13:42
For some reason, when I saw Death Monkeys, I instantly thought of those things from The Wizard of Oz, "Fly my pretties" *insane cackle*

They actually look pretty cool. Do you have any conversions planned to represent them?

Now I want to make the winged monkeys from Oz and have an alpha level psyker as the HQ. Curse you for making me think of that. I'll post rules for them tomorrow. Got to get up early tomorrow and it's almost morning.

TheSonOfAbbadon
08-07-2005, 22:01
Well, I was thinking chaos hound legs, there has to be some sort of monkey model somewhere, and the parts I can't make will probably be GSed.

Flying monkeys, cool!

Puffin Magician
09-07-2005, 05:14
I too have been playing around with the Creature Feature, and I've always liked the idea of flame-throwing Elephants, so here goes:

Amagosian Periphant
Found in the windy steppes of Amagos' continents, the Periphant is an omnivore that has evolved to survive in it's harsh surroundings. It's more noteable features are it's thick hide and several thick bony plates around it's neck, a pair of sharp bony tusks protruding from it's toothless mouth, and a long trunk that it uses as an appendage. The Periphant also has a secret weapon within it's arsenal; it's trunk contains a pair of naturally produced chemicals that, when combined, explode violently like placing a cube of sodium into a glass of water. Several phlanges and muscular contractions sends this cocktail spraying outwards, capable of severely burning any predators and even scaring away most Imperial Guard recon units. It is also known to grab plants and even animals with it's trunk and shove them into it's mouth to be devoured alive, crushed to death by it's many teeth. Though normaly docile, the Periphant has been known to be driven into fits of rage by those who seem to stumble across them at the wrong time, or to study them a bit too closely. They protect each other by migrating together by the thousands across the unforgiving terrain to the warmer equator during the summer months.

Amagosian Periphant - 93pts
Ws4, Bs3, s5, t6, w3, i1, a2, Ld10, Sv4+
Size: Monstrous Creature [it's big!]
Locomotion: Bipedal [it's a Quadruped, but slow]
Attributes:
* +1 Extra Attack [stamping around on 4 feet, swinging trunk & tusks around, etc]
* Heavy Armour [thick skin, armour plate]
* +2 Resilient [large, tough]
* Slow-Witted [elephants aren't known for their agility]
* Tough [again, it's big and tough]
Abilities:
* Massive [big!]
* Gaping Maw [Trunk attack]
* Razor-sharp Tusks [impaling people on it's tusks]
* Ranged Attack: Scatter [chemical spray attack]

TheSonOfAbbadon
09-07-2005, 11:21
Nice! I would like to see some rough riders riding some!
Rending elephants?