PDA

View Full Version : Eldrad and Abaddon.....

Rockerfella
28-11-2006, 14:41
Can anyone, anywhere, please, PLEASE direct me to the fluff regarding the Utlhran/Abaddon battle??

I hear there was a little scuffle between these two some time ago. Some folk on other boards are claiming that Abaddon kicked Eldrads skinny behind, where as other folk are telling me the opposite.

I'd be grateful for any info regarding this please, i'm trying my damndest to build up some knowledge in terms of the history of the 40k universe.

Cheers in advance!!:)

Forbiddenknowledge
28-11-2006, 14:47
If you mean the fluff written at the end of the Battle Report, Ulthwe vs Chaos, then it went roughly as follows:

Eldrad killed Abbadon, Spearing him through the throat with the Staff of Ulthamar. However, as he looked into his (Abbadon's) eyes, he saw that this was not the end, and that Abbadon would be back, leading another Black Crusade throughout the galaxy (the 13th), and all they had gained was time.

One of my favourite Battle Reports.

Damn, so hard to resist going back to my Ulthwe. I am Tau dammit, TAU. Maybe just a small army....

Anyways, hope that helped :D

Rockerfella
28-11-2006, 14:58
Cheers....

yeah, that did help. However, i'm sure there was written fluff regarding this in the 13th crusade, a short story almost where Eldrad and Abaddon battled.

I could be very wrong of course. :P

Cheers again!

Forbiddenknowledge
28-11-2006, 15:28
Well, that fluff at the end of the Ulthwe vs Chaos Batrep is the only stuff I can remember, this was slightly before Eye of Terror.

ryng_sting
28-11-2006, 16:11
There was a half-page story wrapping up the Ulthwe vs Chaos battle report. In the battle, Eldrad pulled an upset by killing Abaddon with the Staff of Ulthamar. In the story he wounds Abaddon in the throat before the Despoiler is whisked away, leaving a mass of stinking black blood on the floor. He realises he's only won a temporary victory, and that the 13th Black Crusade will still happen, regardless of his attempt to halt it at birth.

Rockerfella
28-11-2006, 20:37
Ahhh, i see. Cheers folks.

I was sure there was something where Abaddon killed several of Eldrads warlocks, and Eldrad had to see the exact perfect moment in time in order to win, or something. This is probably the same piece you guys are refering to.

Cheers again!

Commander Ozae
28-11-2006, 23:45
More likely Eldrad knew about this moment almost three thousand years ago and has just been waiting for it to arrive.

Philby00
29-11-2006, 10:52
which WD is this in?

AventineCrusader
29-11-2006, 11:54
You all are leaving out the best part though, the way Eldrad wounds him! Abbadon knocks Eldard to the ground and is going to deliver the deathblow, but Eldrad wedges his Staff into a rock behind him, and Drach'neyn, lusting for blood, pulls Abbadon into the tip of the staff! Awesome stuff.

As to the WD #, an old one I don't want to dig out of my closet:p ...

Crusader

inq.serge
29-11-2006, 12:10
I herd that Eldrad pushes/throws his singing spear into Abys neck, onboard a blackstone fortress, but Aby kills Eldrad with the claw, destroying his spiritstone in the killing blow, and eldrad egther got reborn or got his soul eaten by Slaanesh and then got reborn. Aby didn't die, chaos teleported him away and kept him alive.

Rockerfella
29-11-2006, 12:19
You all are leaving out the best part though, the way Eldrad wounds him! Abbadon knocks Eldard to the ground and is going to deliver the deathblow, but Eldrad wedges his Staff into a rock behind him, and Drach'neyn, lusting for blood, pulls Abbadon into the tip of the staff! Awesome stuff.

Crusader

hahaha! Awesome!!!!

Love it!!!

See, this is what i wanted!! Details, gory, detail!!! MORE! MORE!! ;)

Killgore
29-11-2006, 12:39

Crusader

yep, thats pretty much how it happened

i cant remember the WD either, but i know i own it somewhere