PDA

View Full Version : Dawi Zharr - Creating a Chaos Dwarf Army

ExquisiteEvil
28-11-2006, 20:52
Hello there!

Some of you may have read my Fun with Skull Pass (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55503&highlight=dawi+zharr) thread, in which case you will have seen some of which im going to show.

Alas I have succumed to my creative side and taken it upon myself to create a whole army of the evil stunties!

Here is where I shall record my progress.

A word of warning though - The basis of my vision for the Dawi Zharr is coming from the Hellcannon crew and my own twisted imagination. Therefore rank and file will not have big hats - thats right NO BIG HATS!

Instead they will have the masks similar to the Hellcannon crew and concepts! They will however have Curly Beards and Tusks, aswell as big noses. As a homage to 4th the sorcerers will have hats - although im undecided as to how large....

So with that said and to start things off here is the fellow that started all of this;

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/Untitled-1-5.gif

and painted;

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/Untitled-1-7.gif

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/Untitled-2-2.gif

ExquisiteEvil
28-11-2006, 21:03
From there I started making the command models. Here they are around 80% complete(they still need masks)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT2580.jpg

and since then I have done a musician and partially done some more RnF -including a 'special' sort of unit filler....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT2588.jpg

Firstly the unit has been 'filled out' with unconvertd Dawi for now - rest assured they will all get the beard and mask treatment.

Secondly I will make all their bases coherent matching the lava/ash wastes effect I have on my prototype.

Lastly, yes there is an Ogre in there....!

before all you Hat lovers have a total fit, hear me out....

From reading various tidbits from the history of the Chaos Dwarfs and the newer stuff in the Ogre book I have decided that my Chaos Dwarfs use the Ogres as 'indentured' troops. Ogres love fighting and Dawi Zharr(being almost a small nation) are seriously short on numbers. They use the Hobgoblins as scouts and boost their martial prowess with Ogres...

As far as in game goes - they just act as unit fillers, but I will use a unit of either leadbelchers or ironguts as a rare choice(more of which later!)

So that where im at so far - hopefully I'll have my first 500pts converted and painted by Xmas.

Comments/ critisisms etc welcome

EE

F4113N
28-11-2006, 21:05
very nice- i like!
cant wait to see more, personal i dont care about the big hats :P

The Judge
28-11-2006, 22:27
Oh dude these are looking sweet.

Get to work on these faster!

Siromcyre
28-11-2006, 22:34
The ogre idea is cool, and lends a nice visual diversity to the army.

Good luck on finishing 500 points by XMAS. BTW, are you making an entire army list as well, or just using a hybrid dwarf/ogre list?

ExquisiteEvil
28-11-2006, 22:57
The ogre idea is cool, and lends a nice visual diversity to the army.

Good luck on finishing 500 points by XMAS. BTW, are you making an entire army list as well, or just using a hybrid dwarf/ogre list?

I am using the Chaos Dwarf 'Ravening Hordes' army list - its still 100% legal.

I will post up what Im working towards soon....

beefpizza
29-11-2006, 02:36
wowowiwa! those are nice. I'm looking foward to more!
If i make one suggestion: it seems as if you aren't using bare arms for the dwarfs. I think you should put some in the unit to add some variety.
I also think that not all of the dwarfs would have dread beards, maybe some would just have black, frizzy, messy beards. Maybe the youngerones do?
Also, be sure to add some armour, but not really chaos bitz. Maybe some platicard will make some nice heavy looking armour.
Good luck!

AinuLainour
29-11-2006, 02:53
Oh yes! I remember these from the Canadian forums. Great minis! Hope you post up on the WIP's there so we can all see your progress ;)

Savnock
29-11-2006, 08:39
Great beard texture- are you using a press/roller, or just a pick, may I ask?

Hideous Loon
29-11-2006, 08:50
As far as in game goes - they just act as unit fillers, but I will use a unit of either leadbelchers or ironguts as a rare choice(more of which later!)

I suggest Leadbelchers for your Ogre rare unit, for one reason only. The Ogre Kingdoms Designer's Notes state that the Chaos Dwarfs gave/sold cannons to the Ogres for them to operate. Your Leadbelchers could be Ogres who stayed behind to test their new toys, and while they are there they serve the Dawi Zharr as mercenaries. How d'ya like the sound of that?

Oh, and your models look great, especially the big Ogre filler, just make sure to give him more armour, 'kay? They might be durable, but a nice piece of steel is a good life insurance.

Gonfrask
29-11-2006, 09:25
Whoah, great work! This project must take you a lot of work and time (i want to make and army of Dwarves with a real heavy armour...also a lot of Green Stuff) but the result is really good

P.D> You have to show a pic of the ogre alone

Damokles
29-11-2006, 10:17
great idea! great conversions, great painting, creative background, what is there more to say! I'm looking forward to see this log progress!
a question (and a remark) on army composition and/or background though, good idea to use ogres as unit fillers and rare choices, but have you considered using other units as well, say black orcs, (hob)goblins, trolls, chaos warriors, marauders (slaves), or something else?
also are you going to use centaurs?

keep it up! I will subscribe imediately!

Alex Under
29-11-2006, 12:57
OMFG! This is not only a great idea to make the most out of the ugly dwarves from the BFSP boxed set, it's extremely well executed too! Can't wait to see more, please keep this thread up... What are you doing reading this post?!? Come on! Back to GSing curly beards on dwarves! :D

PS. Can't wait to see the bullcentaur... And perhaps you could convert the night gobbos into hobgoblin slaves, with chains on their feet and stuff like that? That way you would really make the most of the boxed set!

Voronwe[MQ]
29-11-2006, 13:52
When you wrote you would convert an ogre as a 'unit filler', I thought you impossibly could do it, but you've proved me wrong.

McBain
29-11-2006, 14:58
What are you planning to do in regards to Bull Centaurs, i had considered this a few times for possible conversion works. I figured i would use the Hell cannon thing from the storm of chaos other than that i handt got any further with my plans

Festus
29-11-2006, 15:24
Hi

The CDs had BoarCentaurs once - when they were still young and had no hats :)

Festus

punkoteloco
29-11-2006, 16:09
Wow, amazing. Excellent conversions and i love that shield. Mind sharing the technique?????

punkoteloco

||-MARKO-||
29-11-2006, 16:35
BRILLIANT! ever since i saw your dwarves from BFSP set thread i knew that this would be a great idea for an army/force :angel: . i take it you're going to include a hellcannon somehow? it makes perfect sense, even if you never use it. the hellcannon crew, either way, would make great crew for any war machine they pilot.

GREAT IDEA, im gonna watch this grow :)

Arhalien
29-11-2006, 16:38
Very very nice. I was looking forward to this log as soon as you mentioned it in the original thread. Are you doing the whole thing with BFSP dwarves?

GWvsJohn2
29-11-2006, 16:46
Are you planning on convering any of the hellcannon crew into warriors?

ExquisiteEvil
29-11-2006, 17:50
WOW! Lot of replies, ill try answer them all....

Savnock> I used a sculpting tool and modeling knife for the beards- I will do a 'how to' on this thread soon...

Gonfrask> The Ogre will be shown 'in full' when complete

Damokles> As I mentioned, I will use the Chaos Dwarf rules, and therefore will have a unit of Orc Boy slaves - I plan put chains and things on them and have a Chaos Dwarf 'slavemaster' as a unit filler... I will have a few hobgoblins here and there

Marko> I will use the Hellcannon as a 'counts as' for an Earthshaker.

Arhalien> Just warriors and various champion and std bearer models will be used for the moment.

Now some general answers,

Bull Centaurs> I will have 1 as an army BSB as the army grows - but he's 'topsecret' at the moment

Skullpass gobbos> far too small for hobgoblins im afraid - I have a conversion in mind using something else but I'll get my Dawi Zharr done first!

Sheild> I painted the shield using red gore over a black undercoat and added Dwarf flesh as I built up the 'face'. When I come to painting I might try get a step by step...

Lastly a picture to keep all you visual junkies satisfied...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT2591.jpg

gives you an idea of the transition between unmasked and masked. Youll notice ive done it in blu-tac first. Its go give me an idea of if the mask design will work.

I recommend that when spending time on a project like this go the whole hog so to speak, and make dry runs like this - especially for you front ranks and important models.

takes a little longer but you'll have a much nicer finish in the end!

hopefully ill get alot done today so you'll be in for some updates!

EE

kermit
29-11-2006, 18:18
If the masks are going to be based off the same design... why do you not make a mold?

That way the basics could be done quickly and easily. Then you could spend more time on the details to the masks.

I really like what you are doing and the way you are doing it.

Good luck!

tinfoil
29-11-2006, 18:19
Man, these're cool. I'll be following this thread avidly.

ExquisiteEvil
29-11-2006, 18:22
If the masks are going to be based off the same design... why do you not make a mold?

That way the basics could be done quickly and easily. Then you could spend more time on the details to the masks.

I really like what you are doing and the way you are doing it.

Good luck!

I want the masks to have variations - but I may make a few simple pressmoulds to speed thing up!

Thanks for the advice!

The boyz
29-11-2006, 18:27
Looking good so far ExquisiteEvil, good start. The greenstuffing on the beards looks very nice. I like the evil face in the shield as well, thats looks cool. Looking forward to seeing more updates.

Boss_Salvage
29-11-2006, 19:09
Really wonderful stuff, love the ogre mashing about in the midst of the eevil stunties. Good luck making 500 by Xmas! Can't wait to see how you do!

- Salvage

Garratt-J
29-11-2006, 19:16
Check out our Blog to see what my buddy, Kris, got up to when he created his Chaos Dwarfs....

http://cutthroat-miniatures.blogspot.com/

ExquisiteEvil
29-11-2006, 20:11
(small) update...

Today my aim was to sculpt masks onto all that had thier beards done already. I wanted the champion to have some of his face showing so I could show the tusks on him. Figuring this would be the hardest part I set to him first!

So I give you Kaz-Baar - warrior champion...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT2595.jpg

just a little more work around the mast to connect to the helmet better,stick his weapon on and he's done:D

Melchiah
29-11-2006, 20:32
Thats sure is so sweet ass dwarf action;)
Aint no big hat haters in this hood.....ummm....yo!, Big hats are more of a cathlic thing anyways. And Choas dwarf dont look cathlic to me at least.

Spacejens
29-11-2006, 20:44
I really hope the chaos dwarves come back. And when/if they do, I hope they look like this.

I have nothing more to say really.

ExquisiteEvil
29-11-2006, 22:50
Well heres a 'dry run on a level 1/2 lore of metal sorcerer...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT2598.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT2599.jpg

Very rough but I like the look!

basically added a cape to cover up chainmail and such(no armour cos he's a spell caster) along with the curly beard and tusks aswell as a big nose!

I see the engineers of the Dawi Zharr being a mix of sorcerer and mechanic hence the basis of the the model.

as I said at the top, the arcan engineer will be a 'counts as' metal sorcerer - so nice and fluffy too!

kermit
29-11-2006, 22:53
Very nice stuff!

I might have you give your "blue tac" test method a try when I start to get into this type of converting. I bet it helps, and you get twice as much practice when you need it.

Can't wait to see more!

jazzrat
29-11-2006, 22:58
Those models look great, keep up the good work :D. I took plan on fielding a Chaos Dwarves army, but am not sure at the moment which models I will use.. the 4th edition CD are hard to come by.

Imp of High Noon
30-11-2006, 05:14
what rule set are gonna use for them? I recall Dawi Sorcerors being able to wear armour, could be wrong though.

Great work btw, I'd love to do the same as Chaos Dwaves were my first army (ah death rockets...), but I'm doing LatD and one army that needs to be entirely converted is enough.

Apologist
30-11-2006, 09:56
Wow; looking beautiful – and trés original, too.

I'd love to see quite a lot of variation in the grotesquerie of the masks. Perhaps you could take some inspiration from plague masks (google 'black death mask' or similar); or harlequin masks, with big hooked noses etc.

Siam-Tiger
30-11-2006, 10:30
I can't wait to see your how-to tutorial. The Bfsp box is really forcing me to give the chaos dwarves a try :)

Grimtuff
30-11-2006, 10:52
what rule set are gonna use for them?

Already answered earlier in the thread....

I am using the Chaos Dwarf 'Ravening Hordes' army list - its still 100% legal.

75hastings69
30-11-2006, 10:56
Excellent stuff there mate, looking forward to more updates!!

Hideous Loon
30-11-2006, 14:14
If it's a metal sorcerer, I truly think he ought to have his index finger as well as his pinky pointing into the air. You know, like so: \m/

The army looks mean and really Chaos Dwarfish. Keep up the good work!

ExquisiteEvil
30-11-2006, 15:00
If it's a metal sorcerer, I truly think he ought to have his index finger as well as his pinky pointing into the air. You know, like so: \m/

The army looks mean and really Chaos Dwarfish. Keep up the good work!

Aahaha - brilliant!

Ok speaking of the army, here is the 500pts(based on border patrol, so only 1 core needed)

Sorcerer
Level 2
>100pts

14 Chaos Dwarf warriors
Full Command
>156pts

10 Hobgoblin Wolfriders
Shields
LA
>130pts

Earthshaker
>110pts

=496

Difficult to fit things in at 500pts to be honest and the restrictions on specials/rare forced me into the Earthshaker, but pretty solid I think. After a few bombardments with the shaker and some spells form my Sorcerer, the enemy should be pretty weak for my warriors to mop up....

Another list I thought of would be a slight variation and would give me more combat options...

Hero
Gt Wpn
Hvy Armour
Shield
>70

20 Chaos Dwarf warriors
Full Command
>210pts

10 Hobgoblin Wolfriders
>110pts

2 Leadbelchers
>110

=500

A more mobile harder hitting list - Leadbelchers add to the ogre theme and provide some counter charge muscle...

So as far as the model im going to do I will do both the leadbelchers and the Earthshaker(which will be a Hellcannon model!) - aswell as the 2 heros.

This will give me an idea of where I want to take the army next and give me some flexibility in what I can field at first.

Comments welcome :)

EE

ExquisiteEvil
02-12-2006, 15:46
Ok guys n gals...

Soi working toward the first list - my fron rank is almost complete for my warriors and im hopefully going to do more work on the ogre tonight - so pictures soon.

After that Im going to move on to my Hellcannon thats still sitting in a box from when it came out during the SoC!

HiredSword.
02-12-2006, 16:42
wow, what a great army, i'm glad you've decided to do a whole army since your last thread. Plus i like the ogre idea, was a bit unsure before you explained the fluff but now i thinks its great.

just a suggestion, but how about adding mammoth-like tusks to characters helmets. And for orc slave units, how about alongside the chaos dwarf slavemaster, why not a ogre henchmen as a hired grunt at the back to tackle any trouble makers?

UltimateNagash
05-12-2006, 20:08
This is really good stuff. Could you please post up a picture of everything you've done (so people can see it all easily)?
EDIT: 1000th post! Go me

Mephistofeles
05-12-2006, 20:20
Damn it man, this is wonderful! I love the ogre, I love the rank'n'file troopers, I love the masks and the beards and everything.

I can't wait until this is starting to grow really big, I'm actually a bit excited now!

Getifa Ubazza
05-12-2006, 20:29
I really hated the original big hat, chaos dwarfs but if GW made them like yours, I would do an army of them.

Voronwe[MQ]
07-12-2006, 11:10
Chaos Dwarfs originally had iron masks, and the lovely concept returned with Storm of Chaos' Hellcannon crew models.

Of course GW will make them like that, now that they've redesigned them to great effect, but the question is rather when they will do it.

IJW
07-12-2006, 11:58
Chaos Dwarfs were originally just Dwarfs with more spiky bits and occasional tentacles. Big hats came a long time later...

http://solegends.com/citboxes/bc6chaosdwarfs.htm
http://solegends.com/citcat88/0303chaosdwfs.jpg
http://solegends.com/citcat88/0304chaosdwfs.jpg

EE - great stuff!

unwanted
07-12-2006, 13:56
Chaos Dwarfs were originally just Dwarfs with more spiky bits and occasional tentacles. Big hats came a long time later...

http://solegends.com/citcat88/0303chaosdwfs.jpg
http://solegends.com/citcat88/0304chaosdwfs.jpg

EE - great stuff!

Several of those would work quite fine in a "modern" Dawi-Zharr army.

Number 13 in the third link would look just perfect with the new ones, if a Dreadlock-beard was added!

Imp of High Noon
08-12-2006, 05:35
I insist you recreate Khazek Doomlord!

Zodiac
08-12-2006, 10:06

* dreams of having an intact chaos dwarf renegades box in his hands *

Yes, that was one hell of a box .. :cool:

Satan
08-12-2006, 12:06
Great-looking army! Will be subscribing.
How will you be recreating the hobgoblins? (A mixture of goblins from the BfSP-box and gnoblars would look great).
It'd be cool to see some of the old Chaos Dwarf mini's too - there are some really neat ones out there.

ExquisiteEvil
08-12-2006, 16:37
Great-looking army! Will be subscribing.
How will you be recreating the hobgoblins? (A mixture of goblins from the BfSP-box and gnoblars would look great).
It'd be cool to see some of the old Chaos Dwarf mini's too - there are some really neat ones out there.

The skullpass gobbos are too small...

the wolfriders Ill use converted gobbo wolf riders...

Zodiac
08-12-2006, 16:40
The skullpass gobbos are too small...

the wolfriders Ill use converted gobbo wolf riders...

What about orc bodies with sculpted chainmail over them , and old night goblin heads and arms etc, you will need to lengthen the hoods though, the old ones has very long drapery hoods If I remember correctly..
Just an idea :D
Love your blog!

unwanted
08-12-2006, 16:42
Order Oglah Khans Wolfriders, they're the best in the business, and wonderful models to boot!

HiredSword.
08-12-2006, 21:05
for a great looking (yet very expensive) unit of wolf riders, using some chaos hounds with goblins on top would work even better than normal wolfriders for you chaos dwarf army imo.

The Iron Duke
08-12-2006, 21:55
Great stuff here - I was particularly struck by that rank-filling Ogre - for some bizarre reason it reminded me of my girlfriend's mother...

Zodiac's idea for hobgobbos isn't bad, though the mail would take a while.

Gen_eV
08-12-2006, 22:00

I second this!
Best Dawi Zharr model ever in my opinion, and it's of a rather similar pose to Felix Paniagua's gorgeous Dwarf Lord (http://www.gaelion.com/photos/dwarflord1_front.jpg), so shouldn't be too difficult to achieve.

Greatwork so far, can't wait to see the first full unit finished.

ashc
09-12-2006, 01:01
Lovely Chaos Dwarfs.

Consider me subscribed :)

Don't suppose you would be interested in contributing a little article about them to the Watchman, ExquisiteEvil?

Ash

ExquisiteEvil
09-12-2006, 02:26
Lovely Chaos Dwarfs.

Consider me subscribed :)

Don't suppose you would be interested in contributing a little article about them to the Watchman, ExquisiteEvil?

Ash

Now the 'tale of 'x' gamers' has fallen through, sure!

I will still update this 'blog' here but ill save some goodies (maybe the actual step-by-step guides) until the Watchman.

As for Khazek Doomlord - sure, let me get the first 500pts done first then Ill do 'Khazek' for my Hero in the alternate 500pts...

In fact just had a thought - I'll save Khazek for the 'goody' in the watchman article,as well as the re-cap of whats here.

That way everyones happy!:D

ashc
09-12-2006, 06:46
Sounds great man - and thanks! :D

Ash

Waaagh Grignak
09-01-2007, 20:01
These kick A**e, when are the updates coming?

Nineswords
10-01-2007, 19:27
Oh man this thread alone has just totally reinspired a. my love of Warhammer and b. finally a decent bunch of conversions for the most bad ass army ever! Please post up sculpting tutorials!

ExquisiteEvil
10-01-2007, 19:48
Thanks for the support guys!

2 things have put a little 'blip' in my DZ at the moment;

1. Holiday period - much time spent frolicking with family is not good for the Dawi Zharr!

2. Materials. I wanted to get all the beards on all my warriors done then move on to masks etc - production line stuff. Well, after placing an order with a certain online company in NOVEMBER for the things I needed(namely more skullpass dwarf warriors) I am STILL awaiting their arrival. I have had words with said company and they say they have dispatched a replacement order. Im giving it another week - if I still havent recieved by then you'll be reading a full account of 'experiences' with said company and just why I will never use them again. Until then they shall remain anonomous, and I shall view not recievingmy order as a good ol' shipping error....despite the difficulty ive had....

Anyway, on with more lighthearted stuff. I did go out and get me some Gobbo wolf riders to turn into Hobbo riders and also a couple of spear chukkas too.

SO - Update WILL be imminent even if my warriors dont arrive:D

Siromcyre
11-01-2007, 00:13
yay, the dawi zharr shall live. looking forward to the continuation of this project.

Gonfrask
12-01-2007, 00:19
Photos photos photos...pleassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee XD

Blatskull
13-01-2007, 21:46
Oh, for the Big and Dark Horns of the Great Father Hashut!!!

These miniatures are simply excellents!! I'm a Chaos Dwarfs lover since 1996, but my poor old army was fall into oblivion in favour of Night Goblins and Skavens... and now I find inspiration in your idea: I start a new army for the next Summer world Warhammer campaign based in this concept. Thank you very much!

And post new photossss... We want more...

PS please sorry my ignorance... Why do you call "Dawi-Zharr" at Chaos Dwarfs?

PS2 sorry again for my bad English.

UltimateNagash
13-01-2007, 21:51
Because the name of Dwarf of Dwarfven is Dawi, and Zharr means something like "of fire". They call themselves Dawi-Zharr (Dwarfs of Fire), so they aren't linked to the Chaos Gods. Plus it sounds cooler :p

Blatskull
14-01-2007, 10:08
Thanks for the explanation, UltimateNagash. Yeah it sounds cool.

ExquisiteEvil
28-01-2007, 19:27
....update....:D

My warriors I ordered finally arrived!(only 3 months later....:rolleyes: )

Anyway, the project now continues. I even did a bit of 'practice sculpting' to get me back in the game! I'll post a pic of it later today when im home.

I intend to finish off the front rank and ogre tonight, so pics hopefully tomorrow.

on another linked note - canadian golden demon is around the corner. I was going to enter this unit for the hell of it but have decided I wanted to do something a bit more special!

So, as a linked 'side' project I intend to give this old favourite unit a 're-vamp'.

Not exact copies, but rather recreating the models in my 'style' whilst keeping the 'character' there!

the ever popular Zhazek Doomlord has a base mini decided....
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947020511301&orignav=13

Pose is perfect, the rest will come from filing cutting Green Stuff and alot of patience.

heh heh

If anyone has suggestions of model I could use as a base for the other fellows - it'd be much appreciated!

EE

IJW
28-01-2007, 19:40
So, as a linked 'side' project I intend to give this old favourite unit a 're-vamp'.

Not exact copies, but rather recreating the models in my 'style' whilst keeping the 'character' there!
That's a classy plan you've got there! Let me know if you need more reference photos of the old models, I've still got them in a box somewhere.

ExquisiteEvil
28-01-2007, 19:46
That's a classy plan you've got there! Let me know if you need more reference photos of the old models, I've still got them in a box somewhere.

That would be fantastic!

shots from different angles would not only be helpful but also brilliant.

wildkarrde0
28-01-2007, 20:04
I just have to say I have A soft spot sor the evil stumty as My first every white dwarf battle report that i read was tree huggers and Chaos Stuntys and i still hope since storm of choa they will get a new list I must say i love the conversion work you are doing these drwaf may have inspire me to try my own this really great

Reabe
28-01-2007, 20:07
Chaos Dwarf armies are always good, oddly enough. I'll be subscribing!

I look forward to Khazek Doomlord once again gracing the game table!

IJW
28-01-2007, 21:25
The old box set wasn't where I thought it was, so you'll have to wait a bit longer for the reference photos.

Weregerbil
28-01-2007, 21:29
Right this looks cool but we need photos!

hertz
28-01-2007, 22:20
EE, I look forward to seemore stuff that you do in this vein, and also looking forward for more detailed photos of what you already have shown us. ;)

bobert the great clen one
28-01-2007, 23:29
great work EE , what company did you use to get your bfsp set just for warnings sake

ExquisiteEvil
29-01-2007, 05:26
great work EE , what company did you use to get your bfsp set just for warnings sake

Battlewagon bitz.

Alex Under
02-02-2007, 14:17
Sorry for practicing necromancy on this thread, but I NEED an update on this awesome thread.

Arhalien
17-02-2007, 10:02
Practising threadnomancy myself; I want to see more! What's happened to this log Exquisite Evil?

Voronwe[MQ]
17-02-2007, 10:50
Actively supporting this thread-necromancy by disclaiming: "Get this log on its feet!"

Voronwe

Arhalien
17-02-2007, 10:51
Should we all PM EE to get him to get this log going again? Or would that be cruel? :evilgrin:

Move Fast Hit Low
18-02-2007, 01:44
i know that the campaign at Asur is taking up some of his time, because it just started

Arhalien
18-02-2007, 09:35
Campaign at Asur? What's this about?

ExquisiteEvil
24-02-2007, 02:09
Man am I a busy guy...

Ok, I have done some bits and bobs- as someone said Im involved in a web campaign. Then a crashed PC....

Do not worry, there IS life in this ol' Dawi Zharr!

I swear there will be pics very soon - by end of sunday. Mainly greens but pics non the less!

EDIT - yay, we have our own Fantasy Section :D!

Arhalien
24-02-2007, 16:31
He is alive! Welcome back to your log EE, I can;t wait for updates!!

sir_robin
24-02-2007, 22:31
more pics before I explode:evilgrin:

Angel Robertson
25-02-2007, 11:41
Awsome im glad this was resuredted as i missied it first time round!! Looking forward to the pics!

AR

Arhalien
25-02-2007, 11:49
hehe, you have people expecting pictures now EE; are you feeling the pressure of expectation? :p

ExquisiteEvil
25-02-2007, 19:39
hehe, you have people expecting pictures now EE; are you feeling the pressure of expectation? :p

YES!- especially since I havent done much due to constraints....

Anyway, I am going to start with a couple of pics of on of the many reasons WHY I havent done too much - just to fill it out!

first up - a WE spellsinger WIP,

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT2734.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT2733.jpg

An exercise in muted and diffused colour as well as 'real life' highlights shading-pretty much a practice piece for Golden Demon. Im not the best at taking pics as the fellow looks much better in real life - but hopefully you can still appreciate him. As I said still WIP.

Next up - Forest Gobbo!
....builds anticipation.....
Since I had so much skull pass stuff I started a small(well only 120+ models!)Night gobbo army. Now I wanted spider riders but I thoughts Id make them Nightgobbos instead of forest. 20 left over forest gobbos and an obsession not to waste stuff had me building the following test figure for a unit of spear armed forest gobbos!(again WIP)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT2725.jpg

He was kneeling - so I hacked off his legs and used some left over Gnoblar parts to build new ones! I have provisionally called him 'Leuitenant Dan' untill he gets some buddies. I will make a unit of 20 hopefully - first 2 ranks kneeling with the back 2 standing like this guy!

Ok now onto what you all came to see - my (VERY SMALL) Dawi Zharr update!...

ExquisiteEvil
25-02-2007, 19:50
ok..

First up -Revised unit shot...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT2727.jpg

spot the changes?

Ok the ogre is missing his arms right now as theyre getting some Green but his beard and mask is done.

All the beards are complete on the warriors aswell and having started adding spikes ans skulls to the bottom and the beginings of facemasks appearing. My musician has had muscles sculpted onto his left arm and I changed my champs mask a little.

Biggest changes are these 2 fellows;

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT2721.jpg

Standard bearer - he was 'blutakd' before - still needs some muscles on arms. If you look Ive also started the skulls on the bottom of his beard - well 1...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT2719.jpg

This fellow is my 'Arcane Engineer' - in game terms a hero level metal sorcerer. Again he was a 'blu' and is now a 'green'. Couple more things to add, including changing his pointy finger and adding a skull to his helmet and staff/wrench thingy...

he also has a GS cape-but I got lazy uploading the pic of it as it wasnt very interesting

I have to spend time with the missus today - but I hope to do a bit tonight, and update tomorrow!:D

Arhalien
25-02-2007, 20:11
This is all very nice work EE. The painting on that WE is excellent; the first time I;ve seen that (my favourite of the models) painted by anyone not eavy metal. Crazy little forest goblin too :)
Some very good greenstuffing work on those stunties as well.

I look forward to more :D

Imp of High Noon
26-02-2007, 03:36
Give him a big hat! You Know You Want To!

lilljonas
26-02-2007, 08:41
Oh, this thread is so subscribed...

Good job and excellent GS, I loved the little forest gobbo too!

Angelwing
27-02-2007, 00:27
copy that subscription! excellent sculpting!

Anardakil
27-02-2007, 18:37
impressive Chaos Dwarfs!

Khrangar
27-02-2007, 18:42
The Standard Bearer reminds me of Frank from Donnie Darko, add some rabbit ears and you're set. On a more on topic note, the unit is coming along nicely, I especially like the lore of metal sorcerer.

Khrangar

Savnock
27-02-2007, 20:14
Welcome back EE!

Masks are shaping up nicely.

Paulus
27-02-2007, 23:54
Love the Arcance Engineer, looks fantastic as does all your other work.

Are there any big hat's coming soon? ;) (sory couldn't resist!)

ExquisiteEvil
28-02-2007, 22:20
Love the Arcance Engineer, looks fantastic as does all your other work.

Are there any big hat's coming soon? ;) (sory couldn't resist!)

:mad: ...No!....:mad:

:D

There is a 'medium' hat coming soon though....

Paulus
28-02-2007, 22:27
:mad: ...No!....:mad:

:D

There is a 'medium' hat coming soon though....

Hee hee, a medium hat shall suffice ;)

lilljonas
01-03-2007, 06:16
Hee hee, a medium hat shall suffice ;)

It's okay, Hashut's shadowy whispering will slowly get to you, making each hat bigger and bigger as you go. Finally, we'll have huge hats worthy of the children of the Dark God. :)

Hideous Loon
01-03-2007, 08:51
Yes, hats that are so big they block line of sight. Then your work will be complete.

Theconfusedclown
06-03-2007, 22:41
Hello everybody!

Great stuff EE!

I for one though am a huge fan of the big hats. quite a games workshop fashion statement as mentioned before.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to convert the big hats?

Thanks