PDA

View Full Version : gobos BB team

Fhoen
29-11-2006, 09:37
are they any fun to play with on bloodbowl? ( i do have a troll) :p
but i'm a total noob at playing bloodbowl... plz help me get to know my team a bit :p

Kedlav
29-11-2006, 12:19
Goblins tend to be a real challenge to play. Our local champ has fielded them in our tourneys and tends to stick around .500 with them, most others flop miserably. For new players, I highly reccomend playing either Orcs or Humans for your first team. They are two highly effective, balanced teams that play naturally. Orcs are also one of the best tourney teams(though humans are good, they tend to tail off in prolonged play due to AV8 & AG3)

EVIL INC
29-11-2006, 15:58
http://fumbbl.com/
They still use 4th edition rules but it's a fun and inexpensive way to try stuff out before actually buying models.

Fhoen
29-11-2006, 17:04
already bought them and painted up half the team including the troll :p

Diomedes
04-12-2006, 03:04
Your not going to win many games with them but you will have fun!

Thats about all I can say really, expect to lose and lose by quite a margin but think of the high you get when you score a touchdown with them or cause some casualties!

I have a goblin team gathering dust somewhere and although I prefer playing Wood Elves or Orks (two totally different styles but both effective) its always fun to pull out the Gobbo's and have a real challenge!

Gres
04-12-2006, 19:00
In the latest LRB gobbos got a bit of a boost with Secret weapons on the roster and with them likely to get a lot of inducements due to low TS. Not going to turn them into world beaters but will make them trickier than before. It will also help if people haven't played them before as they play very differently to other teams. But the aim of gobbos remains to have fun and cause carnage - and also to put the boot into vulnerable players when they are down!

Spacejens
04-12-2006, 19:39
My team of choice is Goblins. I win about one of every three games I play, but it is loads of unpredictable, mad dodging fun for everyone. And when I do win, I get to taunt my opponent and laugh hysterically. Can't beat that really :D

Some hints:

Never trust trolls, they go stupid too often. Use them, but don't depend too much on them.
Dodge when you can. Leave as few goblins standing next to opposing players as possible.
Create tackle zones in abundance. Forcing your opponent to make several dodge rolls to move forward is good. Forcing him to give up and blitz a single goblin is even better.
Gang up on vulnerable, expensive players whenever possible. Send three goblins to knock him over, and another to kick him afterwards.
Don't care about the goblins. They will die eventually, so don't be surprised.
Throw players to get them downfield, past the majority of the opposing team.
Throw players towards cages of opposing players. Hope they scatter and hit someone. Not a turnover, so it only costs a goblin. Who cares?
Buy an apotechary from the start, but only use him for trolls, really skilled goblins, or maybe on normal goblins in the final turns of the game (but only if you're desperate).
Do stupid things. Your opponent does not expect them, and sometimes they even work.
Have fun. Playing goblins is more for fun than profit anyway. :D

Arashi
04-12-2006, 21:43
Would add to Spacejens list that a high amount of re-rolls is a good idea, and almost a need, for gobbo teams. Their special weapons are really fun!
Gobbos = fun. Just be prepared to lose for the most with them.

@Spacejens: Do they have tournaments in Karlstad?

Pacific
05-12-2006, 09:49
Spacejens has said pretty much everything that needs to be said, but as a goblin team player here are a few more tips:

-I think to play golbins you need to have a masochistic streak :)
-I would recommend going for 2 trolls in your starting line up. Go for plenty of fan factor so that you get the income to replace the golbins that die in the game (this is a certainty). I also like to imagine that the team would be followed by a vast army of gobbos causing havoc and mischief wherever they go.
- rerolls are a must, even if you have just 1 a half for when you try and throw a gobbo for a 1 turn touchdown.
- fowl, fowl and fowl some more! If a goblin gets sent off, at least it stops them from getting killed, and other than the trolls it will be your best chance to do some damage (also it makes things more in character! :) )
- buy the ogre cheerleader, the best model that GW has ever produced.
- also get an assistant coach - these small advantages on the kickoff table will help, and you need every edge you can get!

Finally.. make no bones about it, winning with a goblin team will be one of the hardest things you can do, but when it does happen (i find perhaps not even 1 in 4 games for me), it will be worth it for the dejection and humiliation suffered by your opponent, and the feeling for you of having beaten the odds.
Just dont get too attached to those gobbo's :)

- Pacific, manager and coach of 'The Penetrators' goblin blood bowl team.

Spacejens
05-12-2006, 22:26
Would add to Spacejens list that a high amount of re-rolls is a good idea, and almost a need, for gobbo teams. Their special weapons are really fun!
Gobbos = fun. Just be prepared to lose for the most with them.

@Spacejens: Do they have tournaments in Karlstad?

Yes, special weapons, I forgot about them. The new Living Rulebook make them a lot more available and therefore useful. Don't deploy them for every drive though, save them for when they can make a difference. Deploying a ball-and-chain fanatic on the line of scrimmage when the opponent has already deployed can be a game-winning move if you are lucky.

And yes, we have tournaments here i Karlstad every now and then. Not since before summer though, but the next one will start in the beginning of next year. And I will play goblins this time as well, I promise ;)

TeddyC
25-01-2007, 23:56
Dont expect to win, just use secret weapons, trolls... and foul... as much and as often as you can!

Wins are all the more sweet with goblins

Deng Ham
26-01-2007, 10:05
I'd expect the gobos to to "vell" (all things considered) at the start. Due to there Dodge and stunty skills. They now dodge on 3+ no matter how many tackle zones they enter. And with a reroll.

Jedi152
26-01-2007, 10:18
Wins are all the more sweet with goblins
Exactly. And you've got an excuse for losing!

This reminds me, i've really got to finish my converted night gobbo team...