PDA

View Full Version : Averlander list

Dark Apostle197
29-11-2006, 22:19
Looking through mordheimer I checked these out. They have some interest to me(I like scouts and they have scout heroes w00t :P)

Captain
Crossbow
Hammer
Sword 98

Seargent
Sword
Hammer 48

2X Bergjaeger
Longbow
Hunting arrows 170 (are they too expensive?)

youngblood
Halbierd
2 hammers 31

Marksman
Longbow
Blunderbuss 70

2X Marksman
longbow 80

8 strong

After the first game with them the bergjaeger will get CC weapons just incase.

Elfhater
30-11-2006, 06:23
I'm also planning to collect an Averlander warband, partly due to the scouts, partly due to the Halflings, and partly due to the background. All I'm waiting for is to be able to check out the new Empire plastics firsthand, as I think they might be a good basis for converting up my warband...

Now on to the subject of your list. If I were you I'd drop the Hunting Arrows and the Youngblood's halberd for 2 Mountainguard, as they'll be far more useful starting off in my view. You get a much needed boost in close combat and less chance of your heroes being taken out instead of your more expendable henchmen. As for the blunderbuss, well I'm not a big fan of them but I can see they have their uses. Personally I'd replace it with a Halfling with a bow. They might be wimps, but they sure can shoot!

Dark Apostle197
30-11-2006, 06:37
Captain
Crossbow
Hammer
Sword 98

Seargent
Sword
Hammer 48

2X Bergjaeger
Longbow 100

youngblood
Halbierd
2 hammers 31

Marksman
Longbow
Blunderbuss 70

2X Marksman
longbow 80

2X mountain gaurd
2 hammers 66

10 strong

I don't like bows, if he could take longs bows I would take the hobbit... err halfling :)

I'll keep the blunderbuss cause it scares people. In the league I play there are free for all battles every weekend, they scare people into allying wiith you, or keeping alliances, or not making other alliance(I have seen it happen :))

Dark Apostle197
01-12-2006, 05:28
Must be the best planned warband because no one besides elfhater is saying otherwise :)

gorgon
01-12-2006, 13:53
Ahh...Averlanders. They're one of my faves. I won my (very competitive) league with an Averland warband. They're one of the most underrated lists out there. Shooty heroes and henchmen out the wazoo? Yes, please. :D Human warriors with the option of going to either WS5 or BS4 with their first WS/BS skill advance? Yeah, gimme more of that. :evilgrin:

Regarding your list, there's nothing really wrong with it. If it was me, I'd drop the blunderbuss (although you're right that it's a terrific weapon), the halberd and swords to max out on bodies. Numbers will make more of a difference than equipment, especially early on. But if you're really attached to what you have, you should do okay.

Dark Apostle197
01-12-2006, 15:39
The thing is, dropping the blunderbuss and swords gets me one guy. So which is more important, being able to parry if needed, and have a scary weapon that may forces alliances(and being mercs we can ally with anyone in the league during the big battles) and have something that will make the enemy have to worry about how they place their men.

gorgon
03-12-2006, 23:51
2 swords + halberd + blunderbuss = 2 Mountainguard. Then give the new MGs the extra hammers from the other MGs, and you're set. Perhaps the difference is that you're using the advanced blackpowder rules? If that's the case, you could always trade the marksmen + longbow for another MG.

I can't speak to the whole alliance thing, because that seems like something unique to your group. But if we're just talking about list strength, I'd be much more confident with 12 than 10, even with a few less bells and whistles.

Dark Apostle197
04-12-2006, 03:58
Well, I don't like only having one weapon that doesn't give an auto 6+ cause when it counts, they'll make it (Today the vampire should have died, but noooo ) lol. Though I can see dropping the marksmen all together and getting two more mountain gaurd so I have 4. (This is a theory list right now, the next league won't be for like another 6 months. I am playing witch hunters in this one)

Elfhater
04-12-2006, 09:25
I can't believe it took me this long to realise this, but your Youngblood can't have 3 close combat weapons. You'll have to drop a hammer or the halberd.

I'd go with losing the halberd, as an extra attack is always better than extra strength on someone who'd find it dificult fighting a Halfling!* :p

*Not that I'm putting Halflings down. They might be wimps generally, but they are good shots and a worthy addition to any Averland warband! ;)

Dark Apostle197
04-12-2006, 23:38
Good call :P I still don't like halfling, I am not a real fan of their short range. Then add on their inability to fight kind of sucks with short range :) Though I wouldn't mind a halfling in my withch hunters because we have such a small max size and I could of gotten a free flagellent with full stats if I took one :( (Got prisoner exploration)

TKitch
06-12-2006, 05:02
Looking through mordheimer I checked these out. They have some interest to me(I like scouts and they have scout heroes w00t :P)

Captain
Crossbow
Hammer
Sword 98

Seargent
Sword
Hammer 48

2X Bergjaeger
Longbow
Hunting arrows 170 (are they too expensive?)

youngblood
Halbierd
2 hammers 31

Marksman
Longbow
Blunderbuss 70

2X Marksman
longbow 80

8 strong

After the first game with them the bergjaeger will get CC weapons just incase.

1) huntin arrows rule, but aren't worth 70GC to start, 2 more moders is worth 70GC, however!

A blunderbuss is sweet :) Keep your opponent from bunching up nicely!

Halbreds suck. Don't make me do the math (again). 2 hammers is better in all but 1 circumstance. (a T7 model, or maybe a 1+ save, but I haven't done the math on that.)

oh, and give EVERYONE a hand weapon. EVERYONE. ESPECIALLY the beraj's. with scouting, they'll be easier for the opponent to try and charge.