PDA

View Full Version : Polymphus' I-really-should-paint-my-skaven Thread

polymphus
30-11-2006, 05:35
So. I have about 2500pts of Skaven lying around, and about 20 models painted. Now, the thing is, I'm terrible at setting goals, so I need you guys to do it for me. I'm going to post a list of what I have, what I want and what needs painting. Then, you guys set me an acheivable goal of how much I have to paint by the end of the month. Anyways...

Red=Totally Unpainted
Yellow=Partially Painted
Green=Painted

Characters

1 Grey Seer
1 Assassin
Another assassin
1 Warlock Engineer
1 Warlord
1 Battle standard bearer
1 Plague Priest

Core

44 Clanrats
4 40*40 centrepieces
60 Slaves
20 Night Runners

Special

18 Plague Monks
1 12 Monk Centrepiece

Rare

4 Plague Censer Bearers
Rat Giant

So. Anyone got a goal for me? Fire away!

spikedog
30-11-2006, 10:38
Well Clanrats are your core units so why not start with those. They are also probably the most boring unit to paint IMO so get them done while your motivation is high.

If you want a goal why not start slow, say 1 unit of 20 Clanrats in the first month, if you manage to do that quickly then add something fun like a Censer Bearer or some Night Runners.

As you have some characters marked down as painted why not put up some pictures for us to look at?

Calgar
30-11-2006, 15:08
Hi there Poly :)
Looks like you need some help on what to paint and when to finish it. ;)
Well i´ll share some of my 8/½ years worth of experience so here goes:
Save the bulk of your forces for the last/middle of your time and finish the more "odd" units first...characters, rares, giants etc.etc. I think you catch my drift. Start of whit a small amount of things to do,,, why?, well sometimes one tends to overestimate oneself and this is a hobby.....not a full time job, so have fun.

1Untill new year, starting NOW (:P) i´d sudjest you paint:
Another assassin
1 Warlord
1 Battle standard bearer
4 Plague Censer Bearers
Rat Giant
( Characters tend to just "whooosh" past but the Giant might take up the most of your time. After you´re finished whit this you have all you characters neetly finished and all your rares "up and running". After this you can concentrate on the heavy, timeconsuming things.)

2.From the 5th of january until the end of that month:
44 Clanrats
18 Plague Monks
( By this time you´ve got some of your "bulk" ready and playable)

3.From the 2nd of February till´the end of the next month (March):
4 40*40 centrepieces
60 Slaves

4.Whats left is the night runners and the Monk Centerpiece.
I wish you good luck and keep at it. And please feel free to PM me if you´ve got more questions or in the need of painting tips etc. It would be ace if you posted photos of your finished units when they´r done.