PDA

View Full Version : new mail order method

blueskull_psychopath
03-04-2005, 17:29
now we aren't going to have to wait for 6 weeks to be able to mail order parts of new realeases so this means that we will be able to order the weapons sprue (for example) from the terminators next saturday not in just over 6 weeks.

p.s I'm sorry mods if this doesnt really belong in this part of the forum pleas emove it if you need to

cheers

t-tauri
03-04-2005, 17:31
It certainly does need to be in here because it's good news. :)

Where did you get the info??

blueskull_psychopath
03-04-2005, 17:34
i was told by a staff memeber at warhammer world last tuesday the 29th of march.
I'm, personally, really glad.

t-tauri
03-04-2005, 17:39
Is that going to be through general mail order or just through Warhammer World?

blueskull_psychopath
03-04-2005, 17:41
general mail order as far as i know. it woul dbe disapointing if it was only warhammer world

philbrad2
03-04-2005, 17:45
Where is this applicable to???? The SM commander, command squad have been out since Nov 04 and the parts are still not available on UKMO website.

Guys in WW store told me last year there was policy was shifting to a 6 week delay between new model components being available on the MO webstore, mainly due to allow GW to produce enough to satisfy the production needs for stores and full kits.

SM plastics seem to be in limbo currently. Could be GW are waiting to release components for the other boxed sets until the revised tact/dev/assault sqauds`are released. Or could be in the case of the commander he'll be like the Dread or Sentinel only available to purchase as a full kit. Rather surprised the command squad parts haven't yet been made available. I'd have expected the Whirlwind sprues to be available to purchase separately too
(they'd make excellent components for some defence line scenery) they aren't (yet) available and yet again this is around 3-4 months since the model was released in the shops.

Metal models seem more avaialbe as components. The Techamrine can be bought as components and Tigurius' has recently become available in component form.

Anyone know why the UK can't order a number of plastic components singularly from GW MO????

:cool:

t-tauri
03-04-2005, 17:52
Anyone know why the UK can't order a number of plastic components singularly from GW MO????

Things like the Dread you can see the reasoning. I'd buy the sarcophagi as you get enough spare weapons in the Dread or through FW to make it cost effective. I got one sprue for the Dread body before they wised up you could get two complete Dreads for 30. The sentinel only comes on one sprue IIRC so that may be why you can't buy that separately.

I am waiting for the kneeling sprue and the new command sprue to show up.

blueskull_psychopath
03-04-2005, 18:01
i dont know much that's pretty much it.

although you can buy a whirlwind turret it's just you got to talk to a guy on the phone to get it or get a guy at warhammer world to do it for you. i know htis because my mate got one when we went in last tuesday.

Evilmerlin
04-04-2005, 09:06
Any idea when this new mail order scheme will come into effect?

Delicious Soy
04-04-2005, 09:22
What is this bitz service you speak of?

*Grumbles about lack of bitz service in Australia*

philbrad2
04-04-2005, 11:08
Any idea when this new mail order scheme will come into effect?

From what I've been told its already in place`and`has been for sometime.

:cool:

Gaebriel
04-04-2005, 11:08
It was in this month's german WD as well, They listed the new Tactical and Assault sprues together with the Ultramarines Honour Guard bits, though those were just announced in the same issue. So they're serious on it. Didn't check the online-shop till now...

Evilmerlin
04-04-2005, 15:30
Hmm..I still don't see any bits for the commander in the UK online store. Do I need to use the instore service or call them?

Jedi152
04-04-2005, 15:51
I thought this was always the case. Its been my understanding that you can order any sprues from any boxes (apart from ones only available in game boxes etc).

Remember that, if there are no sprues under the model on the online store, it doesn't mean that they aren't available, it probably just means that they haven't got round to putting up a pic of them yet!

Hmm..I still don't see any bits for the commander in the UK online store. Do I need to use the instore service or call them?
Just call them, they will always help you where possible.

blueskull_psychopath
04-04-2005, 16:25
yes it is all sprues but before, we had to wait about 6 weeks to be able to order them now we dont

the commander wont be able to order seeing as there is only one sprue in the box, sorry to dissapoint you.

Sai-Lauren
04-04-2005, 16:48
New mail order method - is this where they take your order, and ship exactly what you've ordered, with no mistakes, at the first attempt, reasonably quickly? :rolleyes:

I don't see that it makes much difference, most people buying something new will want the whole lot and will either advance order it or buy it in store, and anyone who wants parts for a conversion will probably be looking further down the line anyway, when they know how the parts are produced and go together.

Evilmerlin
04-04-2005, 19:21
This is great news indeed! We can get the new Terminators and order in the Assault Cannon sprue without having to wait for 6 weeks!

Lion El Jason
04-04-2005, 21:27
I tried to order the sprues over the phone the guy on the other end said they don't have codes for them and it'd be 6 weeks before they were available.

Sgt John Keel
04-04-2005, 21:45

The commander is on a single sprue, so there's no need for bitzordering it.

/Adrian

heldane
04-04-2005, 22:34
now we aren't going to have to wait for 6 weeks to be able to mail order parts of new realeases so this means that we will be able to order the weapons sprue (for example) from the terminators next saturday not in just over 6 weeks.

p.s I'm sorry mods if this doesnt really belong in this part of the forum pleas emove it if you need to

cheers

I've also heard this but had heard that it wasnt gonna be put in place for a few months yet.

Where is this applicable to???? The SM commander, command squad have been out since Nov 04 and the parts are still not available on UKMO website.

The captain wont be available sepearately - He is a single sprue model in a bow. What would be the point?

Also the command squad sprue probably wont be available. If it is to make the cost up it would be 10 minimum. A combat squad of 5 marines is now 8 whilst the command squad is 18, this would mean that GW would end up releasing the command sprue for about 12 -15. I for one would not spend that on a single sprue.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Dan

Gaebriel
04-04-2005, 22:58
The command squad sprue is already available in the german online-store. It costs 10.95 (~7.50), as opposed to the whole squad's price of 24.95 (~17.00). That's not bad, I think...

therisnosaurus
05-04-2005, 01:58
the weird and the wonderful continue...

just looking at the online stores I noticed a couple of things. First, Terminators are now absent from the US online store. they used to be there, now they ain't. or where not when I looked. second, look at the prices for calgar v the terminators

UK-
calgar: 25pound
termies: 20pound

AUS-
calgar $75
Termies $65

US-
termies: $50
calgar: $45

weird...
of course the bonus is I can order them in from the US for the equivalent of about 53 australian dollars, including the $9 or so postage, that gives me a total discount of 13 dollars. not bad at all :P