PDA

View Full Version : Defenestratus Eldar Project

Defenestratus
30-11-2006, 18:51
Units that are not finished by Feb 31 2007 will be Defenestrated! ;)

Unpainted or Just primed:

Infantry:
17 Dire Avenger Models (12 new edition models)
4 2ed Howling Banshee models
4 2ed Striking Scorpions
2 3ed Striking Scorpions
6 4ed Striking Scorpions
5 Warp Spider
4 Guardian Crewman
12 3ed Guardians
10 2ed Guardians (most likely going to sacrificed to the plastic gods)
5 2ed Dark Reapers
2 3ed Dark Reapers
2 2ed Fire Dragons
11 2ed rangers
7 Harlequins
2 Death Jesters

Characters:
Kahrandras
Fuegan (already have one of him though so no rush to finish)

Vehicles/Weap plats
4 Weapon grav platforms
2 old school war walkers
1 new warwalker
1 Wave Serpent
1 2ed wraithlord
10 various magnetized heavy weapon shields

Ongoing Projects:
Fire Prism (50% there)
Warp Spider/Howling Banshee Autarch (90%)
Jetbike Autarch (75%)
New Warwalker (75%)
Above mentioned Dire Avengers (1 model 50% done)

Terrain Projects:
Modular Table completed
Hills being sanded and sculpted now

Maus
30-11-2006, 19:04
We're gonna need a glazer! That's a ton of models you have to paint there - good luck!

Wait . . . Feb 31? Hmm. :P

Defenestratus
30-11-2006, 20:01
Wait . . . Feb 31? Hmm. :P

Damn I was hoping it would take at least 3 posts before someone got it :P

Defenestratus
01-12-2006, 15:27
Quick camera phone pic of my shelf-o-shiz. Finished up the bansheepider autarch. Will take pic later (well I have to paint some of the gems on her carapace)

FearFrost
01-12-2006, 19:06
Good luck! Thats a nice shelf full of eldar you have there!

Defenestratus
01-12-2006, 21:23
As promised, Bansheepider Autarch! (Sorry about blurry photos, my camera is being a pain.
http://www.ncsailing.org/images/Banshee-Autarch1.jpg
http://www.ncsailing.org/images/Banshee-Autarch2.jpg
http://www.ncsailing.org/images/Banshee-Autarch3.jpg
http://www.ncsailing.org/images/Banshee-Autarch4.jpg

Defenestratus
02-12-2006, 04:34
almost done with jetbike Autarch. Finishing him up soon. Just ordered some DYI waterslide transfer paper to do a big autarch run on the jetbike carapace. (My skills are not adequate to freehand a rune)

http://www.ncsailing.org/images/jetbike--autarch1.jpg

Defenestratus
03-12-2006, 19:56
Just finished the prototype Dire Avenger. I incorporated my craftworld theme into the gun and helmet. This is my FIRST attempted at highlighting according to FearFrost's tutorial, and I think it turned out ok.

FearFrost
03-12-2006, 20:46
None too shabby!

My only advice would be to attempt to make your final highlight a bit thinner consistency paint, it will apply smoother :)

Very nice work, nice to see you pushing your skills further!

Defenestratus
03-12-2006, 21:56
Frost:

I've tried making them thinner, however, when I do that, the highlight becomes much bigger - and sometimes it seeps!

Defenestratus
05-12-2006, 03:23
Finished another war walker tonight, but I haven't based him yet. Also, upon further inspection, I found some areas that needed a couple touch ups.

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A HIGHLIGHT BRUSH THAT WONT CURL ITS TIP!

FearFrost
05-12-2006, 06:51
Seeping means its too thin, generally. There is a fine balance. One thing you want to make sure is that you are just loading the TIP of the brush...a tiny little spot of paint. If it looks like you have a water drop at the end, roll it over on your palette until it doesnt. Have you considered giving the metal on your eldar a wash of some kind?

Defenestratus
05-12-2006, 15:16
Thanks frost.

The metal is part of the fluff of the "Pewter Phoenix" scheme :)

maraxis
05-12-2006, 15:21
The conversions look okay, but blurry but too much Metalic Paint for my tastes. I like the Autorach on the bike but a bit expensive for what you want him to do. mine on a bike has a reaper launcher mandiblastes and a power weapon and am considering dropping the power weapon and mandiblasters as he sits back and shoots most of the time...

Defenestratus
05-12-2006, 19:04
The conversions look okay, but blurry but too much Metalic Paint for my tastes.

Well good thing its not your army!

The autarch is going to be in a squad with shining spears. I'm going to put two of those little guardian bitz that look like mandiblasters on his backpack to be mandiblasters - I just couldn't find the bitz before I finished painting him - I've located them now and I'll glue them on today or tomorrow (if they don't look stupid)

Voronwe[MQ]
06-12-2006, 14:40
Suspended? Hm, excuse my semi-mediocre knowledge of english, but does that means this thread is dead?

AventineCrusader
06-12-2006, 18:54
No, it just means he has been banned for a couple days.

Voronwe[MQ]
07-12-2006, 12:08
Ah, right, that's right. I remember now it stood on me when I was banned, too.

Defenestratus
09-12-2006, 14:15
It means that someone thought what I posted was "aggressive" and I received a pontificating, self-righteous PM about how I've been a bad boy.

Someone called my jetbike autarch "topheavy, unbalanced, AND stupid" and so I decided to go ahead and give the guy a piece of my mind. atauri didn't like that I guess. Such is the way of the warseer board - stuff just vanishes, all the time.
----------------

As for project log is concerned, I was out of town on business travel for the past half-week, and haven't been able to get any of much done. I've got another Dire Avenger almost finished and I'd like to paint right now but the damn cat is sitting in my chair and he'll kick my **** if I try to move him.

Lithian
09-12-2006, 23:37
I kinda like Warseer just for the fact there are a lot of crass members. :evilgrin:

Let's all thicken up our skins :angel: , and you get back to work!!! :D

I wanna see more!

Defenestratus
11-12-2006, 16:29
I wanna see more!

I'm crackin on my Dire Avengers. They are #1 priority, unfortunately my scheme takes quite a bit of time for me. I'm VERY slow at this highlighting business.

I'm also trying to build enough terrain for a 10'x4' table at the same time!