PDA

View Full Version : Lack0F's ScratchBuilt Titan, Baneblade and all other things

Pages : [1] 2 3

lack0fbettername
30-11-2006, 21:47
WELCOME TO MY HUMBLE LOG

Ok So maybe anything that involves a titan cant really be considred "humble". I did however originaly start this thread for the sole purpose of getting help with my warhound titan scratchbuild, however sense completeing that i was encouraged to keep posting my stuff here in one spot. It has now spread and includes 2 baneblades & 1 shadow sword and will probabaly continue to grow. So 7 months after starting this thread i have decided to add a introduction and table of contences. So thanks for all your advice & help, also feel free to PM or e-mail me with any questions

Titan Started ------------------------Page # 1 (Post # 1)
Titan Finished Construction -----------Page # 10 (Post # 183)
Full Army Pictures --------------------Page # 11 (Post # 208)
First Titan Battle Pictures -------------Page # 11 (Post # 215)
Titan Painting Finished ----------------Page # 13 (Post # 248)
Blood Bowl Board Start ----------------Page # 13 (Post # 248)
Fantasy Swordmen Unit Finished -------Page # 13 (Post # 248)
BaneBlade #1 Started -----------------Page # 14 (Post # 277)
BaneBlade #1 Finished Construction ----Page # 15 (Post # 289)
BaneBlade #2 Started -----------------Page # 15 (Post # 312)
ShadowSword Started -----------------Page # 15 (Post # 315)
Fantasy Empire Wizard Completed ------Page # 17 (Post # 339)
Second Titan Battle Pictures -----------Page # 17 (Post # 339)
ShadowSword Finished Construction ----Page # 18 (Post # 342)
Chaos Squats Started ------------------Page # 18 (Post # 358)
Baneblade Finished Construction---------Page # 19 (post # 363)
Random Pics----------------------------Page # 19 (post # 363)
Megabattle-----------------------------Page # 19 (post # 372)
Stuff Finished (Week Jul 1 to 7)---------Page # 19 (post # 374)
Emperor's Children Army as of 7/13/07---Page # 20 (post # 380)
Completed Preditor----------------------Page # 20 (post # 395)
Completed Defiler-----------------------Page # 21 (post # 402)
Completed All Daemonettes--------------Page # 21 (post # 416)
Shift to Squat/Guard Heavy Log---------Page # 21 (post # 416)

UPDATE #2 TO PROJECT LOG TITLE PAGE

IVE STOPPED POSTING HERE, FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS THOUGH, I WILL CONTINUE TO READ THEM>

I AM NOT SENDING OUT TEMPLATES FOR ANYTHING

SEE MY SIGNATURE FOR MY OTHER LOGS
-JSV

Ok, so ive finaly decided to do it, and make an attempt at scratch building something large. I will admit that im probably not the best at plasticarding or green stuffing However, im well into 4 different armies (3 for 40K, 1 for fantasy) and i kind of want a project that can be a suppliment to an army i already have instead of starting a new one.

Sense for my armies there is little i dont have (that i want that is). Ive decided to go ahead and go for the titan. It would be a nice centerpiece to my arm.

As noted before i have relitive amounts of artisting/creative/building talent but not the best so im gonna throw everything up here for your guys help. Im sure i cant achive anything remotly close to forgeworld quality, im looking for table top gameing standards. (Cause i hope it will see some mega battles) (and i may one day yet buy a forge world one for display only) However i want Something that looks better then the cerial box with PVC piping arm and legs stuff you can sometimes find on the net.

Heres the Plans (so far)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/TitanLegsWithoutArmor11-30-06.jpg

As you can see its just the legs with no armour. I also left off all the extra
small bits and grubbens (plus ill probabaly just whimisicly build them later)

Also for farther clarification this is the older, not as smooth and round looking warhound and it will be of the chaos varriety.

Heres a pic of the work done so far (about 3-4 hours). As you can see its not that much, so far just base frame for the feet.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/TitanFeetFrame11-30-06.jpg

Jim
30-11-2006, 22:24
Looking good so far...I will watch with interest!!!...

Keep up the good work!

Jim

Mrlemonjelly
30-11-2006, 22:41
You've made some good progress there. I shall watch this one with interest.

The Keeper of Secrets
01-12-2006, 10:16
Really loving this, legs look good.

*subscribes*

lack0fbettername
02-12-2006, 23:25
So 2 couple more days of work (what ammounts to about 8 hours) and here we are.

Some more plans
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/WarhoundLegsFinished11-31-06.jpg

Finished most the rough details on the legs, still have some work though.
Knee armour and some other random armour and slaaneshi grubbens.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/TitanLegSomeDetailForScale12-02-06.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/TitanLegsSomeDetail12-02-06.jpg

lack0fbettername
07-12-2006, 00:00
NOt had Much replies on here, but ill keep throwing the stuff up.

Still need some armour on the knees and some green stuffin, but i think for the most part its done from the waist down.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/TitanLegsMoreDetail12-06-062.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/TitanLegsMoreDetail12-06-06.jpg

Astador
07-12-2006, 00:02
Damn thats amazing! I wish I had that kind of skill! I'd have an army of Legio Titans! lol

Eideu
07-12-2006, 00:05
I love how the over priced titas are forcing people to do damn good scratch built models!

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
07-12-2006, 00:09
The legs are looking good to me so far. Painted would be even better...:D

Already decided which weapons you give to it? Looking forward to the upper body and how you do it.

Bonesthedog
07-12-2006, 00:12
That is amazing. Love the work so far. Looking foreward to it.

lack0fbettername
07-12-2006, 00:28
I think im gona stick with the vulcan mega-bolter & plasma blast gun... Ill probabaly get about to putting more work into on saterday.

Firecam
07-12-2006, 00:29
looks good man, you're totally gonna have to run that at gamenight when its finished :D

Eideu
07-12-2006, 00:34
well the bolter is a STR 6 AP4 heavy 10 weapon/rendering.....what more could you want?and of course the plasma gun has the titan killer rule so you dont need to worry about other super heavies.

templar1013
07-12-2006, 00:35
Jeez that amazing! looking forward to some more pics.

lack0fbettername
07-12-2006, 00:40
Yeah all the weapons are really cool. Im going with the plasma-bolter combo for the main reason is that is A) thats what the chaos titan from FW comes with. B) 2 mega bolters seams kinda cheesy even for a titan, i have a wee bit of distain for overused assault cannons, haveing 5 mounted on 1 vehicle is a little much for me.... even if is a titan. C) the plasma blast-gun gives me a little big of extra range and versitility with AP2, and its ability to get 2D6 AP. I also like it better then the turbo laser, cause i dont have to roll to hit.

chaos0xomega
07-12-2006, 00:45
Excuse me if I am wrong, but aren't the older warhound titans the 'beetlebacks'? You know the curvy ones?

Also, how big is this thing? It looks a bit bigger than the FW warhound to me.

Eideu
07-12-2006, 00:48
ah you mean the stooped over ones with there backing covered in a shell,seems kind of whimpy to me, as if your worried about being shot, I think Choas would remove that and stick on some heavy duty deamon metal forged by the iron warriors , plating on the main hull :P

Isnt the next sized titan coming out next year?if its half way between you could use it as both...

lack0fbettername
07-12-2006, 01:18
you may be right chaos omega.... i really dont know...

This is going to be the other type. Its acctualy i think gonna be pretty close to the FW size (i hope, i dont have a model titan to go off of. Right now the waist ht is about at 7" HT, the FW web site claims that the titans HT is 10.5" depending on the the legs are set up. Mine maybe a little tall (11 or 11-5) depending on how big the torso is. But it will still be in that same range.

Spacejens
07-12-2006, 07:18
Still need some armour on the knees and some green stuffin, but i think for the most part its done from the waist down.

What else would be appropriate for a Slaaneshi titan? :p

Great progress so far, you work at an insane speed as well. It will be really nice to see the upper body take shape.

Barbarossa
07-12-2006, 08:29
Wow, I like it! You're certainly good with the plasticard!
Just one little criticism: the banner on the left shin armour should be hanging down and not sticking out to the front. I wouldn't recomment bending here, since it is hanging right over the rather sharp edge of the armour plating. Instead you might want to cut it off and reposition it.

Still learning
07-12-2006, 09:15
holy crap, I'll be watching this.......

Voronwe[MQ]
07-12-2006, 12:05
Incredibly good work; this will be watched closely by me. Good luck on the Warhound's head!

nanktank
07-12-2006, 14:49
Wow! that is pure titan sex!, keep up the good work and I cant wait to see how this one develops

Mojaco
07-12-2006, 15:24
Looks realy really good so far. Good things you're integrating detail from the start. I didn't with my warlord titan and ended up with a lesser detailed look, since everything was 'stuck on'.

Not that it won't pwn your titan to bits when it's done :)

Mrlemonjelly
07-12-2006, 16:21
Wow, I like it! You're certainly good with the plasticard!
Just one little criticism: the banner on the left shin armour should be hanging down and not sticking out to the front. I wouldn't recomment bending here, since it is hanging right over the rather sharp edge of the armour plating. Instead you might want to cut it off and reposition it.

I agree actually. In fact, I don't like either of the banners. They just look a bit out of place on a massive titan. Take them off and go with armour details like you have done for the rest.

Other than that, excellent!

ryebye
07-12-2006, 17:06
Oh I do like that makes me want to grab my plasticard and start building. I think Maybe make a much bigger banner hanging down on chians between its legs would look good. great work so far

Arhalien
07-12-2006, 17:11
That looks very, very good. Can;t wait for more.

lack0fbettername
07-12-2006, 21:27
I know what you mean about the banner on the leg with it not lapping down like real fabric, its something i though about after i put it on. and then got side tracked with life and forgot to take it off an fix it.

Ill have to muse over the banners being to small... they really dont seam that small in real life. I may have to try making a larger banner for between the legs.

Mojaco... i was origanaly not going to do the detials parts till the end, but then decided against if for that very reason.

Heres the basic plans for the center part of the torso/head so far... I didnt put lots of detail into it. Just the basic size and shape of it.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/TitanLegsTorsoHead12-07-06.jpg

Mojaco
07-12-2006, 22:52
Hm. Isn't the center and his back too much one part to seperate them like this? Don't have the model so it's a bit hard to recall...

What sofware is that? I use Solidworks and this doesn't look like Solidworks.

lack0fbettername
07-12-2006, 23:54
No i think it will be alright building the center part then the "shoulders" off of it. Its acad 2007. The 2007 update has lots of cool new 3D features. None of which help draw this but they do have a "conceptual view" as well as "perspective projection" both which i used to get this drawing.

Ogrekin
09-12-2006, 14:21
Fantastic stuff, you've inspired me to go out and buy some plasticard.
How do you transfer your design to plasticard? do you make cardboard templates first?

WarWolf
09-12-2006, 14:27
OGD***... great thing you´re making there... I´ll be watching this thread ;)

lack0fbettername
09-12-2006, 15:41
no Ogerkin, i just print them out on regular paper then cut that out and trace arount it on the plasticard.

I think the smart thing to have done would have been to build a full size mock up with cardboard & paper to make sure everything was the way i wanted. But i wasnt thinking & im far to impatient for that.

I did about 4 (1.5 movies, plus a little bit) hours of work last night i should have pics up by dinner tonight. Made lots of progress.

I also bent the banner on the leg (though kep it in the same position). The banner between the legs is still on there till i can come up with something else to go there.

Ogrekin
09-12-2006, 20:40
Cool, cheers for that lackOfbettername.
Like you, I fear I may be far too impatient to create a mock up. Which bits, so far, have been particularly tricky?

Looking forward to the new pics.

Arcane_Blade
09-12-2006, 21:14
That is awesome good sir! :eek:
You have my favour! Continue with due speed!

Consider your thread subscribed. :D

lack0fbettername
09-12-2006, 23:02
OK UPDATED GOODNESS
Got about another 4 hours in on it today. (so about 8 hours of work between pictures)

To answer questions first. Its about the size of the FW one. Measued at its ceneter (in line with the waist) is 10.5" tall. The back is about 1.25" taller. So its max ht right now is 12" which may make it a little big bigger then the FW one (though not very noticably bigger) It would be much easier to make one to scale if i had a model here to hold and measure off of. However im just working off of pictures & some alright plans i found on the net.

To ogerkin the hardest part of me was the toes because i quickly tire of making small(er) thing that repeat alot. 8 toes, with right and left sides. Mean cutting out 16 itentical peices. Of which mine wernt exactly itentical.

Other then that i havent had any real huge issues (other then the 2 new ones that poped up today)

FIRST NEW ISSUE
I love the head i did. Its not 100% look alike of the FW one, but its the same styling and could easly be justified as because its a "chaos" titan. You can defenatly see the resemblance and just say i took some "artisict" licence.

The Issue with me liking the head is that it is that it is about 15-25% to large. I dont think its too big that im gonna redo it. Because i think it looks good on the model, and it took tons of work.

But it does look slightly out of porportion with the rest of the body when set next to a picture of a FW model. This is again a result of not having an acctual titan model to scale off of. And having to work off of pictures.

SECOND ISSUE
The waist joint. I glue gunned some PVC in place so that the top have could rotate at the waist. I had hoped the torso would i hide the glue from the glue gun better... However it didnt and the Glue fromt he glue gun looks odd. and the joint is to Weedy.

CONCLUSION FOR TODAY
Overall with the exception of the previous 2 issues im really happy with it. The whole thing still needs some green stuff where the joints in plasticard dont exactly match up. But thats an easy fix. And it needs some green stuff to add to its chaosness.

Still havent decided what to do about the banner between the legs.

And i dont like the knee armour. I think i liked em better "bald".

As alway is appriciated the criticizm & comments, so Keep em comming.

SO heres the pics.
THe Head
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/TitanHead12-09-06.jpg

Torst WIthout Head
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/TitanRoughTorso12-09-06.jpg

Warhound with the head & COllar Attached
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/TitanWithHeadAttached12-09-06.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/TitanwithHeadattached212-09-06.jpg

Still learning
09-12-2006, 23:13
Holy #%$@!!!!!

Kamin_Majere
09-12-2006, 23:30
lackofbettername

That is coming along beautifully.

What is the diffrence in teh colors of plasticard? I notice that some is brown and some is the basic white. Is it simply base coated or something stronger?

lack0fbettername
09-12-2006, 23:55
I Buy all my plasticard of E-Bay.

The Red/browinish came in 10. 12"x12" sheets and its .09" thick and cost me about 12-14$ (US) i cant remember exactly after shipping. Its also textured slightly on one side. I didnt mind the redish color cause

A) im going to paint over it anyway
B) for sheets that size and thick i got a steel on it.

The White is standard plasticard (like you buy in a store) i think its .06" thickness and i think i picked up 10 sheets of 12" x 6" off of ebay for about 10 dollars before shipping.

Kamin i got your PM ill reply to it later

Luke
10-12-2006, 00:22
Great project mate, I'm subscribed to this thread, but get rid of those banners, they do nothing for it at all.

Can't wait to see the weapons you put on there.

lack0fbettername
10-12-2006, 04:55
Removed Banner From Between Legs, Probabaly gonna keep the one on the leg. I kinda like it.

Nabeshin1106
10-12-2006, 05:05
wow.... just... wow

I'm at a loss for words.

great job!

liamrob
10-12-2006, 06:17
This is sooooo cool im gonna be watching this.

How much on avg have u spent on the materials.
what materials did u use?

Ventris_Fellstorm
10-12-2006, 17:21
Any chance of getting templates on this thing?

And excellent work you got there! Keep it up!

WarWolf
10-12-2006, 18:04
Tempting thought:cool:

Ray K.
10-12-2006, 19:06

And excellent work you got there! Keep it up!

Quoted for excellence in the field of "***** that I was going to say."

lack0fbettername
10-12-2006, 22:15
Im workin off some old templates i found on the net that are pretty accurate. I have no problem posting my templates "as built" when i get done making em. SO stay tuned.

as far as liamrob's question.. ive spent maybe 20$ on sheet plasticard. and 10$ on plasticard tubing and rod. Plus who knows how much super glue ive gone thru...

Ventris_Fellstorm
11-12-2006, 15:11
Im workin off some old templates i found on the net that are pretty accurate. I have no problem posting my templates "as built" when i get done making em. SO stay tuned.

YAY!:D:D :D

...I'm staying tuned!

Ray K.
11-12-2006, 15:39
You, sir, are made of awesome. You're doing an amazing job and I can't wait to see this baby grow :D

The Keeper of Secrets
11-12-2006, 15:43
I totally love it, really I do, but it sorta looks like it's trying to...ahem...excrete but is unable to....(basically it looks a bit constipated).

That is only fine nitpicking though, I am totally aware that that is and amazing piece of work, kudos!

lack0fbettername
11-12-2006, 15:58
Ok a little bit of updateness.

Keeper are you talking about the face or overall stance. I dont quite see it, but awell.

For those of yall requesting Templates
The templates ive been using have been pretty good so far other then
A) The head being slightly to large when compaired to the body.
B) The whole thing being about 15% to large.
C) Shoulders are not good i dont think and need some work.

So when i get around ot making my templates im probabaly not gonna have em "as built" but more "as i would build it if i was going to build another one" I also will try to put it all into a PDF including these 3D images & rough instructions.

I also have drawn up the plans for the back & shoulders.
Though the shoulders will probabaly change again before i build it.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/TitanFullBodyWithoutGuns12-11-06.jpg

sheep
11-12-2006, 16:04
Looking good, but you may want to shift the body forward slightly on the waist. That would make it closer to the FW model.

Cheers

Sheep

The Keeper of Secrets
11-12-2006, 16:05
I'm talking about the stance; it's a bit to like it's trying to poo and sqaut down, and not managing either...

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
11-12-2006, 17:30
Hey that thing is pretty nice! I be watching since you have started.

Err, not sure about you and giving templates away..I know you don't do an 1:1 Titan but still it looks like the FW one, don't you think putting templates online will cause trouble? (copyright and stuff - just thinking)

lack0fbettername
11-12-2006, 18:21
Im not 100% sure ether way.

There are countless sights on the internet about card & scratch building models. Alot have card templates for rhinos/leman russes and other things that GW makes & sells alot more of.

Mrlemonjelly
11-12-2006, 19:20
Lovely as your head is, I think it's a bit big.

lack0fbettername
11-12-2006, 20:12
Yeah Mr. Lemon Jelly i agree with you
See post #51 Page 2.

It is about 15% to big. I am gonna resize it in the templates i make, but i dont think its worth the 6 hours or so to go back and change. It doesnt look too bad on there. Most people i think wont be able to notice unless you set it beside a FW one, or a picture of a FW titan.

Plust i know everyone says this but it looks better in person. It doesnt seam as large on the body in real life.

liamrob
12-12-2006, 08:18
Hmm that doesn't cost to much to make it then :) About $40 on what you've done so far. Can u post a pic of ur WIP again.

I just can't wait for this to be done! What colours are u gonna paint it? Red? Black like the black legion? Blue like the night lords.

Kamin_Majere
12-12-2006, 12:07
Hmm that doesn't cost to much to make it then :) About $40 on what you've done so far.

You also have to calculate in Time involved. At the 12+ hours of work he's done so far multiplied by what your time is worth. Most of these large models technically cost more than the forge world one's, you do projects like this for the joy of building something to this scale

What colours are u gonna paint it? Red? Black like the black legion? Blue like the night lords.

well there are quite a few emperors children/slaanesh symbols on the titan:p

lack0fbettername
12-12-2006, 12:40
Yeah if you factor in the time, your looking at alot of money. However for just the materials.. yeah 40$, and that will probabaly be about it. I dont think im going to need much more.

Im going to paint it black & blue & purple (my emperor's children colors) yeah i know no pink. Ill post a pic of one of my models later on.

Herees a pic of where im at now liamrob, the rest can be found on page #2 of this thread.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/TitanWithHeadAttached12-09-06.jpg

Arhalien
12-12-2006, 13:16
Looking very nice, I can;t wait to see the finished product.

Ogrekin
12-12-2006, 21:53
Still amazing. When is it time for the guns?

lack0fbettername
13-12-2006, 15:35
Guns will probabaly follow the shoulders & back (which should build this next week (tuesday-wednesday a week from now) things have gotten hecktic with all the planning and travel for christmas and all the jazz.

On a side note. Ive been working on the templates and making improvements to em. I could use a vollenteer to look them over (once i get em done) Somone who could throw together a model out of thin cardboard or paper in a few nights to make sure the templates work right before i give them out to everyone. Im afrade im oging to be too burnt out after building 1 titan to build a 2nd (even if it is just paper & card) so, if someone wants to give the templates a trial run before i put em up on the net just PM me.

Voronwe[MQ]
13-12-2006, 16:08
Just paper and card? Anyone having worked on similar (but definitely smaller! :D) projects knows it's a hell to get the damn things sit right etc.

Voronwe

Teufelskerl
13-12-2006, 16:25
I'd be glad to compare your templates to the Forgeworld Warhounds that I have. That'll give you a good idea with how well you've scaled them to the original.

Frederich

cthorpe
13-12-2006, 17:48
This project is looking absolutely great.. I shall be following with great interest your progres..

Best wishes,

Carl

lack0fbettername
16-12-2006, 04:12
Heres Some Updated Pics

I got 95% of the plasticarding work done on the titan (excluding guns, Still need lots of chaos bits & some green stuff filling)

I like the "classic" feal it has. It looks like the FW titan, but has the classic huge frigin rivets & chaos arrows.

I dont like where the body sits on the legs (front to back) see the 4th pic. I think it should be farther forward.

Thoughts?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/MostAllPlasticardingDOne12-14-06.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/FromAbove12-14-06.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/BodyHeadCLoseUP12-14-06.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/SideProfile12-14-06.jpg

templar1013
16-12-2006, 05:16
Thats amazing. Its HUGE! Lovin the detail!

liamrob
16-12-2006, 09:01
A couple of suggestions. Move the top area forward where the legs join it.

For the weapons (just some)
Add like 2+ assault cannons on the head
Mount some cool guns/missiles on the top (not to sure of chaos weps never read about them)
The arms will maybe beef where the top connects to the legs and won't be so bad.

Otherwise i can't wait for some more pics.

Luke
16-12-2006, 10:34
I think that the body should be mounter further forward personally. THough its looking pretty damn good so far.

spikyjames
16-12-2006, 11:21
this is very impressive, but like others have said the body needs to be slightly further forward, i think you could achieve this by straightening up the top parts of the legs.

once again very impressive work, i'm looking forward to seeing the finished beast.

james:)

WarWolf
16-12-2006, 11:40
Itīs one impressive piece of titan. I like it a lot.

And yes, I think it would be batter if you move the top forward. That will give more aggressive look too.

Great job youīre doing there.

lack0fbettername
16-12-2006, 14:13
I dont like where the body sits on the legs (front to back) see the 4th pic. I think it should be farther forward.

IM glad to see that everyone agrees with me on this one. The only problem is that this may be hard to do without turning the titan into a one peice model.

But i think its a change that has to be made. Alas, ill have to see what happens.

James, changing anything on the legs at this point as far as possition would be near impossable.

As yall pointed out its pretty big (i think still in the 12" range though") the model at its feet is a IG vet. serg.

Ventris_Fellstorm
16-12-2006, 16:56
Yes, I agree with all the others on this one...otherwise: Good work!

Keep it up and it'll look awesome, well it already looks awesome...it'll look...most awesome!:D

Gonfrask
16-12-2006, 23:25
Whoa!!!! I must say that at the first moment i was sceptic with this project, but now I see I was wrong and you are making a fantastic work!! Well done!!

P.D: What is that brown plastic?ŋ?

lack0fbettername
17-12-2006, 00:34
The brown plastic is just colored plasticard .09" thick, its brown because i got it dirt cheap and that was the color it came in.

-JSV

Jimbobjeff
17-12-2006, 20:52
oh my...gentle jesus....now..how to do that with a revenant

G.Hawke
17-12-2006, 21:41
Dude, You got any measurements/scale/design layouts for this? I'd love to built one, i just don't know the size and such

hawke

lack0fbettername
17-12-2006, 23:06
Hawke... Templates will probabaly be posted when im finished with construction. Stay Tuned

asmodai_dark86
17-12-2006, 23:25
I disagree. You have to remember that the weapons have still got to go on yet, the torso (the bit that connects both legs together) is tilted backwards.

Till the torso forwards (so its straight), and when you add the guns it'll look fine, it just looks odd now because of that bit, which makes it look as though the backs extended to far.

liamrob
18-12-2006, 05:53
Ye i posted earlier that i think the arms, guns and shoulder pads will beef it up a bit more so i dunno.

If i had some thin card and some time on my hands i would test the templates but being short on money is something that i hate. But u gotta get used to it if ur only 13 nearly 14.

OnnO
18-12-2006, 10:24
Great job sofar.

I agree with (most of) the rest; the body should be more forward.
I think the legs should connect with the body at mid-body (not counting the head. That will give it a great "looming-over-lesser-mortals"-effect.

Could make it unstable/imbalanced though....

You are inspiring and I'm more and more inclined to scratchbuild one myself.... ow, the time....

Keep it up!

Sleazy
18-12-2006, 13:17
stupid question but what kinda glue do you use? i really fancy having a go at something like this but have never attempted to use plasticard.

Very well done so far, I'll be another eager beaver for a template

lack0fbettername
18-12-2006, 14:37
Glue Eh, Well i use standard superglue from krogers or target. Im not sure that this is the best choice, so more experinced scratch builders may have some better tips for you. But it is extreamly cheap, and holds well enough. (i have gont thru maybe a dozen tubes of it)

But it seams to be working well for me. I also when im building a hollow structure or something that wont be seen, use a glue gun to reinforce the joints. A good exable of this is the all the joints in the legs.

Sense there was going to be alot of weight on a little amount of contact area, i glue gunned anywhere that cant be seen. Makes it good.

I did consider using great stuff. (and expandable foam product, you can find it in lowe's) you just spray it in an area and it fills & expands. If you were to do this with all the hollow parts of a model it would be rock hard (i think). The only reason i didnt try it is that......

Greatstuff cans are next to impossable to seal & then reuse. Meaning i would have to make all the parts at one time, then assemble it. Not being sure how accurate my templates were when i started, i didnt want to build it that way. However a great stuff filled model would be rock hard & heavy. I fould feal ok drop kicking it. (except you may scratch the paint)

(also i donot suggest drop kicking your models, not matter how sturdy they are, so if you do and it breaks. This disclaimer is for you)

lack0fbettername
18-12-2006, 14:39
Ohh other thing.

Ive decided to build and mount the guns before i decide wether or not to move the body, currently the body looks out of place. Im the first one to say it.

However i do agree with what some people said that the guns MAY beef up that area enough to make it look good.

The guns will also be magnetized so i can easily remove them, this will make moving the body forward (IF NEEDED) after their construction easier.

lack0fbettername
20-12-2006, 15:55
Well, 3rd stait post in a row. Thread quited down some. Well i guess so has my production. I plan to get back to work after christmas, as i will be on the road visitin family all the while.

Alas so no new construction to report. However i have finished about 98% of the templates. It Looks it will end up being some where in the 19-22 page length & enclude 3D's and assembly instructions of the more difficult parts. I think its quite comprehinsive if i do say so myself.

I may also try to include a template for the "jackel" type head. But we shall see..... I figure im going thru this much work i might as well go the whole way right?

Anyway heres 2 of the pics from the updated templates for your approval/discussion. When built 100% to scale with the legs possisioned as shown it stands 10-1/8" HT (APROX 257 MM For those of you meteric types). I also made corrections with both the size of the head and way the head builds. Plus a few other things.

So heres the Pics
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Profile.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Full3D.jpg

Mrlemonjelly
20-12-2006, 18:14
Looking at those last pictures you've posted, it looks a little squat. The legs aren't in proportion with the body. I'd say a heightening of the body is in order.

tech-magos
20-12-2006, 22:09
No.87 and ive only just found this site. great work wish i could make something close to this. Watching this with great expectations.

speedygogo
21-12-2006, 00:25
This is an awesome project that I lok foward to seeing when it is completed. Simply fantastic!

Voronwe[MQ]
21-12-2006, 14:56
The legs should be closer together and a bit smaller, or the body bigger. Good work anyway!

Voronwe

lack0fbettername
21-12-2006, 15:11
VoronWe & Mr. Lemon jelly both seam to be in agreement. It is an easy fix. I may try just scalling the body model from waist up, up by 10% and scaling the legs down 10%, as well as moving them slightly closer together.

Do you think this is will fix the problems? Also does anyone have or know where i can find a good side profile picture of a warhound.

I should be able to repost pics on tuesday.

hereticdave
21-12-2006, 15:20
Good god thats fantastic! Awesome work there!

How do i subscribe to this?

lack0fbettername
21-12-2006, 15:22
same as you subscribe to all threads. Up at the top under "thread tools"

Reflex
21-12-2006, 15:27
wouldent it have been cheaper to buy the titan? i mean all these materials would be adding up eh?

lack0fbettername
21-12-2006, 16:10
acctualy the materials i would estimate are still under the 35$ range.

.09" plasticard (10 sheets off ebay 12$ish after shipping)
.06" plasticard (10 sheets off ebay 14$ish after shipping)
Supper glue (7 packs at 2$ each)
Plasticard tubing (3 packs at 3$ each)

Now i used 5 sheets of the .09" and about 4 or the .06", the glue was used for other projects of mine, and i know my wife used a tube or so. The tubing comes in packs of 6 or 8 each, and ive used maybe 2 of each type.

However ignoreing that. If i were to charge everything to this project listed above it would come in at 49$.

If i were to break it down and not include the cost for plasticard i didnt use and such (IE. only charge 6$ of the 12$, for .09" plasticard to the titan because i only used half the sheets) the cost would come in at 28$

WHen you look at FW titans running. at 280 Pounds, what i think is about 500+ USD. im coming in at about 1/10th-1/20th of that cost.

If you were to think about the cost for my time. However, about 20-25 hours at 5$ an hour = 100-125$ for labor, but then again its a hobby i enjoy, so i really dont think about it that way.

lack0fbettername
26-12-2006, 16:14
Ok here is the final 3D from the templates, any other modifications will have to be made by the people who use them. I think ive gotten pretty close to what it should look like

Here is the 3D. Templates are 99.6667% done and will be posted shortly following my titan's completion.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Full3DMark2.jpg

I also will begin construction on the guns tonight (huzzah & about time right?) so i should have a "signifigant" updated before the day is done.

-Jeff

Crazy Harborc
26-12-2006, 20:20
I shouldn't torture myself with threads like this......BUT I will!!! I'll be waiting for the soon to appear photos. Lookin' REAL good so far. Need more, more input/photos.:D

lack0fbettername
27-12-2006, 04:07
Harboc i dont know what you mean by "torture yourself" with this thread, but i hope its a good thing.

Anyway as promissed got some work done on the mega bolter, still lots of work to do on it (green stuff, bitz & cleaning up plasticard). should be done by tommorow though i think. I also intend to move the body forward tommorow, as discussed in earlier post.

IM aslo gonna try to pick up magnets and attach the guns that way, that should start tommorow as well.

Heres pics

THe mega Bolter
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/MegaBolterStart.jpg

Me holding it in place (2 Pics)
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Workasof12-26-06.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/workasof12-26-062.jpg

Keep Comments & ideas coming.

Thanks,
Jeff

bugbait_nz
27-12-2006, 05:02
Looking good, I have had a look at lego bionicals and the articulated joint bits might be good for weapon mount points, know any little kids you can mug?

Bugbait out.

NightLord
27-12-2006, 05:06
I diddnt notice this log until just now. I must say this is an amazing project. Good luck with it.

Crazy Harborc
28-12-2006, 02:33
[QUOTE=lack0fbettername;1173027]Harboc i dont know what you mean by "torture yourself" with this thread, but i hope its a good thing.

It's a learned long ago saying/figure of speech....A crazy Ameican thing. Seeing the photos of your Ork toy brings back a "need" to play da' Boyz in a 40K time zone.

lack0fbettername
28-12-2006, 03:27
KINDA MAJOR UPDATE I GUESS
OVERALL FEALING TODAY
Yay over 100 Posts, my first project log is a success. (well i would like to think it is a sucess, i mean its no 500 post every model i have project log... but for just one model 100 post and growin i think is ok. I still have yet to paint it and post the templates.... insert ohhhs & ahhh Here)

MAGNET FAILURE
So on to the major updatenes, finished the mega bolter and attached it. Purchased magnets but the werent strong enough to hold the gun on securly, didnt feel like going back out tonight so i just glued it in place. Life goes on. Its only a minor minor drawback.

TORSO SUCCESS
The torso now rotates. (or will once i attach the 2nd gun to balance it, and finish beefing up the waist) Huzzah, this is something i really wanted to have happen.

I also slid the body forward about 1" or so. It looks alot better now. Atleast i thinks. And it Rotates...

GREEN STUFF & BITZ
I Still have yet to do any green stuffing one it. I dont know why but i keep putting it off, this is nether bad nore good. Having already owned a handfull of chaos vehicles (1 rhino, 2 preditors, dread, defiler, 2 leman russ, 1 chimera & a basilisk) i have all but exhausted my CURRENT supply of chaos bitz, ordering more sprues tommorow.

NAME FOR THE TITAN?
Right now the project has been code named "Lord of the ping pong table" Im and accepting applications for better names of the warhound. Right now the only suggestion i have is from friend in north carolina, he says "smut-hound"

Im not overly font of "smut-hound" or "porn-hound" but i do want something that is
A) TITANY SOUNDING
B) STOMPY SOUNDING
C) CHAOSY SOUNDING
D) SLAANESHI SOUNDING

These up abover are in order of importance. RIght now the best i can come up with is "deathwalker", "warbringer" or "harbringer" none of these are really chaosy or slaaneshi.

SO I NEED HELP WITH THE NAME

Back on topic

THE PICS
Heres the pics, one includes a rhino for scale & idea of paint scheme. Keep bringing the critizisms....

-JEFF

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Workasof12-27-06.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Workasof12-27-062.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Workasof12-27-063.jpg

Ixajin
28-12-2006, 03:34
Looks great, the only thing that bugs me when I see it is the head being oversized. Kinda gives it a Super Deformed look, though I do understand that constructing a new one would be time consuming and tough.

Again, great work!

Makaber
28-12-2006, 03:36
"[Something] the She-Beast"?

lack0fbettername
28-12-2006, 03:42
Ixajin, yeah i know what you mean, but its something ive gotten over.

See my update post #36 of this thread (page 2 or 3 i think) it discussess the head issue. I did decrease the size for the templates im releasing (as you can see on the 3D model.)

Makaber decent idea.. i may begin lookin thru the chaos fantasy books. I kinda like the idea of "she who thirst" like the psycic power. Something along that lines.... ill have to think on it.

-Jeff

Nabeshin1106
28-12-2006, 04:38
The gun looks a bit stubby to me, but that might just be because of the size of the head next to it.

Luke
28-12-2006, 09:22
Well I think the gun is fine but I agree that it is the head which makes it look off. I think the head really is too big.

Looking pretty cool so far though.

lachlin
28-12-2006, 13:02
I think if you made the gun bigger it would help the overall appearance of the head (make it look not so big).

Braad
28-12-2006, 13:36
I think you did a tremendous job in this.
I'dd love to see it finished and painted.

I don't think the heads too big. The whole thing is huge! Perhaps the gun is indeed a little to small then. But you're still working on the other? Perhaps when you put that one on, it will balance out the thing and make it look good.

lack0fbettername
28-12-2006, 15:18
I agree. I dont think the problem is with the gun, i think its with the head. However im not uppset to the point of pulling the head off just yet.

Im running low on .06" plasticard (one 6" x 12" sheet left) so once i complete the 2nd gun hopefully with the stock i have now.

I may consider getting more plasticard i will & rebuilding the head.
It depends on how it looks with the 2nd gun on there and wether i can justify to myself throwing 4 or so more hours into this just to replace the head.

Priority number uno is the 2nd gun.
After that well see how it goes.

Other then the obvious head size, anything else stick out at anyone?

-Jeff

Bloodthirster90
28-12-2006, 16:00
I don't think it looks too bad. Ok, the head is slightly too big, but if you're happy with it, go ahead and keep it. In the end, it's up to you weather you are going to change it or not.

lack0fbettername
28-12-2006, 16:52
Agreed Blood thrister.

I dig the avatar by the way. You make it yourself?

DirtJumper
28-12-2006, 16:53
I actually think the head looks fine. That's some mighty good scratch-building! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

lack0fbettername
28-12-2006, 17:21
OK NEED SOME HELP

The plasma blastgun has a kind of flattened cylendircal shape. (much like a stick of deoderent).

Curntly my plan was to bend the plasticard into this shape then green stuff the "ribs" onto that all plasma weapons have.

Ive also considered using styrofoam insulation, as this would be much easier to cut into this shape, though i doubt it would be nearly as sturdy.

I havent experimented with ether of these ideas, im gonna play about with it today after work.
I just want to know if there are any other Ideas for plasma blastgun barrel?

-Jeff

Bloodthirster90
28-12-2006, 19:34
as to the barrels, is it possible to get a short length or two of plasicard tubing at the appropriate width?

Ventris_Fellstorm
28-12-2006, 20:22
Or (just a suggestion) since this is Slaneesh (correct?) you could make a giant sonicblaster and use it as a plasma blast gun(?)

:p

lack0fbettername
28-12-2006, 20:51
Not half ba idea bloodthirster, i would have to look at how to make it "just right" i still got work to do before i get that far.

Fell_storm, the sonic blaster idea i did think about. I even though about just mounting a hellcannon (i think its called) barrel from fantasy up under there but i think the weight would be to much. (it would also look out of place). I am ordering 2 or 3 or 4 of the skulls off the hellcannon. They should be great bitz for this thing.

tech-magos
28-12-2006, 21:22
Of course the heads going to be bigger its a choas titan it has been blessed by the gods with a larger cranium.

UnRiggable
28-12-2006, 22:09
MY only problem with it is the gun is too close to the body. It might be too late now but you should move it outward

Kamin_Majere
28-12-2006, 22:58
To make the plasma blast gun you could always get some aluminum tubing and press it flat. It should give you the general shape your looking for for the body of the gun, then you can plasticard gubbings on it to flesh out the weapon.

According to how much green stuff work your going to do to it a Good name would be "Flesh Hound". Or model a ***** tone of chains on it and call it "Kyton - Hound of Slannesh"

No idea for its name though.

But as always very good work.

OnnO
28-12-2006, 23:56
OK NEED SOME HELP

The plasma blastgun has a kind of flattened cylendircal shape. (much like a stick of deoderent).
-Jeff

Uhm, cant you use PVC-tubing and slighty warm that up and push it into shape?
Its light and easy to work with (and cheap :) )

Or am I saying silly things now?

OnnO

lack0fbettername
29-12-2006, 03:33
NEW GOODNESS (PLASMA BLAST GUN)

PLASMA BLAST WENT QUICK
So... i Decided, easier then bending .06" thick plasticard would be what bloodthirster said, split some tubing then fill in. I didnt really wanna go out to get some plasticard tubing so i just used some pvc (1/2" ID i think).

I cut it in half for the plasma coil part

I cut it in quarters and filled in with triangular/polygonal shapes for the nozzel.

I wraped guitar sting about it to make the coil, doesnt exactly look like the ribbs that are on the FW one, but i think i like it just the same. Thoughts???

Time wise the blast gun took about every minute of 3.5 Hours.... not do bad for one nights work. Its 95% done, unless i come up with anything else for it.....................

BATTLE DAMAGE
As a bad note, when working with the torso i dropped it and snapped of some of the spikey bitz, no other damage. Stupid Me.

Heres the Pics
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/PlasmaBlastGun.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/PlasmaBlastGunLoseFIt12-28-06.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/PlasmaBlastGunLoseFIt12-28-062.jpg

templar1013
29-12-2006, 04:10
Wow, thats starting to shape up nicely!

viokni
29-12-2006, 04:18
I think it looks amazing, except for the Barrels of the Vulcan Mega Bolter.

morgalock
29-12-2006, 04:46
That. Is. Awesome.

Seriously, it looks incredible.

But there is something i dont likea bout it. Slaanesh seems to really affect whatever it controls and all the things that worship it. In sick and pleasing ways. Although this looks chaosy, it doesnt look slaaneshy. Just looks like a chaos warhound with slaanesh symbol on its shin. Dont know what you could add though, giant boobs dont seem fitting for a titan.

liamrob
29-12-2006, 06:08
Yay it is finished in the building process i guess.

Been waiting for a long time and are u releasing the templates yet? Sorry i haven't been on warseer in about 2 weeks.

Get some paint applyed! =p

keep up the very hard work.

liamrob

Althanan
29-12-2006, 09:27
Wow. Just wow. I thought it was incredible when I saw it a few weeks ago, but now... wow. Awesome work. It's turning out AMAZING. You should be proud.

Though I do second morgalock's opinion that it needs to be more Slaneeshi somehow... that is a minor quibble however.

UreeL
29-12-2006, 09:50
I'd feel very priviliged if I get to blow that bad boy into obliviance! :D

UreeL

lack0fbettername
29-12-2006, 12:40
I put up some pics on a purely Emperor's Chirdren / Chaos Slaaneshi forum, and they said praticly the same thing, that it was really "chaosy" but nothing made it stand out as "slaaneshi"

Im ordering bitz tonight, if anyone has any good idea on improving the "slaaneshiness" of it let me know.

The templates will be put up as soon as i finish construction. There is still alot to do on the back. You cant see it from the pics but the back greatly lacks in detail. I will probabaly attach the gun tonight and work on that.

Also need to put some work in on the waist joint. & Green stuff.

I promise once consturuction is complete the templates go up.
Priorities right now are
1) Finish construction
2) Post Templates
3) Finish painting 10 models to have fully painted army for 1500pts tourny
4) Finish building and painting 2 "counters" for tourny
5) Paint titan.

The goal is to do #1-4 this weekend, cause new years we got a long weekend with nothing really planned durring the day time. #5 will probabaly start next weekend or later.

tech-magos
29-12-2006, 12:56
Ideas to make it slaaneshi, try adding a tail, a forked tongue coming out of its mouth and lots of painted banners hung all over it.

morgalock
29-12-2006, 13:57
Slaanesh doesnt go so much for mutation, but is a god of horrible desires. She acn see you deepest darkest desires and will offer you them in return for joining her. Hence, her demons are nude.

Maby add some demonettes crawling over it, or have nude women hung all over it. Slaanesh is like that.

Ixajin
29-12-2006, 14:12
Nice work on the Plasma Blast Gun! With that second weapon on there the size of the head looks really good. I can't wait to see the finishing touchs.

Rock on!! :D

noneedforaname
29-12-2006, 14:42
@morgalock there is more to slaanesh than nude women, don't forget the nude blokes and the inbetweens :)

remember there is all kinds of pleasure, could try giving it a sumptiously extrvagant feel by painting up materials as things like marble, gold etc. On the banners make them look like silk with fur edging. Maybe trim things like ivory so it looks they have used human teeth. All sorts of stuff like that.

Oh and it will need a bad ass sound system to, after all you get the dirge caster for free so model it on.

lack0fbettername
29-12-2006, 15:16
Decent idea, or atleast it gave me a decent idea, i may go buy some of those plastic jems (and green stuff them into place) like they are fused or busting out of the armour.... not sure about nude people would be hard to model. Daemonettes however may be good.

I also decided i want the head to have horns.!!

The Laughing God
29-12-2006, 16:07
Wow the whole thing is awesome. Great idea with the horns that would make it look more chaos looking. Great Job!

Voronwe[MQ]
29-12-2006, 16:20
You're finishing the overall effect nicely!

Voronwe

tagsta
29-12-2006, 17:39
amazing... reminds me to finish my own scratch built :(

Aalok
29-12-2006, 17:50
Priorities right now are
1) Finish construction
2) Post Templates
3) Finish painting 10 models to have fully painted army for 1500pts tourny
4) Finish building and painting 2 "counters" for tourny
5) Paint titan.

Dude.....#3 needs to change to #1. 10 models away!!?? We all know the feeling that comes with the last brush stroke to finish an entire army. Get on it! ;)

Your titan looks amazing. Excellent job. The only critique I have is to work on that vulcan gun. The barrells look a little out of place. Maybe if you placed a solid rod in the center of each one and then have the gatling barrells evenly spaced around it.

freaking amazing.

G.Hawke
29-12-2006, 18:37
dude, that is fantastic work! you really need to give us those templates!

HAwke

lack0fbettername
29-12-2006, 19:17
@tagsta... yeah ive seen your warhound WIP pics before. Im not sure i 100% like the knight that much, something about the leg/feet, ive also seen other knights build with the sental cockpit for the head. But i really like where your going with the warhound. Have you done anymore work on your warhound sense thos pics on your photobucket??? And let me say that your painting on all your models is amazing.

@aalok, yeah i know.. however its only 10 models to finish my 1500pt list. (its acctualy 11, 3 assult marines, 8 havocs and a defiler thats 80% painted already) Its an escalaation tourniment, so ill only have a fully painted army for 2 out of 6 games. (thus why its down so low) however i get what you mean. Its on the "todo list".... long weekend hope to get lots of stuff done.

however im excited about finishing up the titan (short of the bitz im ordering from GW today) and if i put off finishing the templates much longer im sure a lynchmob would start forming.

FearFrost
29-12-2006, 20:52
I think a slanneshi titan would have some more organic looking parts, like some people have mentioned: tentacles/tail/forked tongue, maybe.

Also, if it is affiliated in any way to the Emperors Children, it should be REALLY bling looking, lots of gold, maybe marbelized?

I think a big loin tabard with all kinds of slaaneshi icons on it could help too.

Just a few ideas.

I love this model, it is a GREAT scratchbuild!

Ventris_Fellstorm
29-12-2006, 20:59
Other great Slaneeshi parts:

-some kind of speakers (gotta have the sounds)
-maybe like human skin streched out and nailed in place like on many Fantasy chaos shields
-and yeah the tentacles were mentioned already

:D

precinctomega
29-12-2006, 21:09
When it comes to painting and modelling, let me say: avoid the bling!

You will have an entire army of Emperor's Children in black and purple. Painting the titan in the same colours will overpower the tabletop (in a bad way!).

Remember that (a) the titan comes as a separate detachment and (b) the original Titans were independent of the Space Marine Legions.

So treat your titan as a separate army entirely when you come to paint it. Perhaps it is a mercenary titan, or only recently consecrated to Slaanesh. Perhaps the pleasures of its princeps come from some other form from those normally associated (sex and music) - perhaps, say, he is a drug addict, with gouts of perfumed smoke belching from the titan's smoke stacks.

Whatever, start planning the paing-job from scratch, trying to pretend that your EC army doesn't even exist. If you want to tie it in, do it in small ways: like the banner on the left leg.

R.

Crazy Harborc
30-12-2006, 01:06
Based on your apparent skill level your paint job on the finished Titan should look excellent. I doubt that there are very many/any other custom made Titans that will be on a table (much less in the same building) you will be using at any event. You paint it up the way YOU like.

Oh, looks DARN good. As far as adding specific to a god/daemon accessories try to use attachment methods that allow you to "swap" the accessories:D

Nikolai
30-12-2006, 11:01
Holy! (or unholy as it were)

That is bloody sweet....

How much did it cost you to build? In total i mean.

~Nik

tagsta
30-12-2006, 18:09
@tagsta... yeah ive seen your warhound WIP pics before. Im not sure i 100% like the knight that much, something about the leg/feet, ive also seen other knights build with the sental cockpit for the head. But i really like where your going with the warhound. Have you done anymore work on your warhound sense thos pics on your photobucket??? And let me say that your painting on all your models is amazing.

thanks a lot

well I don't want to hijack your thread but here is some MINOR progress I achieved in the last month...
Note that the colour on the head is just a basecote
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Warhound/cog.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Warhound/cod.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Warhound/paint.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Warhound/paint2.jpg

Once finished my LOYALIST Titan will kick your traitor scum's ****

just kiddin... Great work so far.. I can't await to see yours painted

Ventris_Fellstorm
30-12-2006, 18:15
Great Titans the both of them! Wow!

Loyalists for the win!

Anyway keep it up!

...both of you...

lack0fbettername
30-12-2006, 19:06
neat tagsta, cool pics. If you finish and are ever in the ohio/virginia area well have da titan duel

tagsta
30-12-2006, 19:32
neat tagsta, cool pics. If you finish and are ever in the ohio/virginia area well have da titan duel

I'll have my studies in California next year but I'm afraid I won't bring my warhound along

G.Hawke
30-12-2006, 20:06
You know i'm going to have to make the Dies Iera to top both of you. Sods.

Hawke

Ventris_Fellstorm
30-12-2006, 20:09
You know i'm going to have to make the Dies Iera to top both of you. Sods.

Hawke

Sure...you do that...just keep in mind that it's the largest Titan, larger than a Warlord class Titan...have fun...

G.Hawke
30-12-2006, 20:12
its Imperator, or even emperor class. the scale is something like 3ft to 3ft and three inches,

hawke

Tom
30-12-2006, 20:30
Well, a Warlord is 4' tall, so we're talking about 7-8' for it.

Hellebore
30-12-2006, 23:23
Well, a Warlord is 4' tall, so we're talking about 7-8' for it.

Unfortunately, a warlord just isn't that big. They are about 2x the height of a warhound, making it 2 foot tall, according to the FW warhound.

The imperator is about 1.5-2x the height of a warlord, so it would be 3-4 foot tall.

Imperators are the largest, and the background says they are 'only' ~40 metres in height - compared to a warhound's 16 metres.

Hellebore

Torg_OR
31-12-2006, 07:14
simply awesome... can't wait for the next update. I really need to get to work on my Revanent.

-d

G.Hawke
31-12-2006, 09:43
Its 43m meters, or 140ft real size. I've got it at 93cm in model height, which is just over 3ft.

Hawke

lack0fbettername
31-12-2006, 22:40
BIG MEGA HUGE UPDATE

Ok i put some green stuff on it and ordered the bitz, its now fully assembled and all the plasticarding is done. Im only waiting on bitz and then a little more green stuff and it will be (Drum roll) fully constructed!!!!

I tried to take some pics, its currently 5:37 columbus,ohio time and as soon as i went to take the pics the batteries in the camera died. They are charging. I should have some good pics up later and will update this post.

TEMPLATES ARE DONE & READY FOR DISTRIBUTION.

Kamin_Majere
31-12-2006, 22:48
Cannot wait for the final results pictures. This is so turning into one of my favorite projects to view.

After construction is Painting?:D

max969bl
01-01-2007, 12:26
BIG MEGA HUGE UPDATE
I tried to put them up on a yahoo groups but didnt work. Im not sure how else to mass shair them, i dont have a site or anything.

So if you want them they are a 19 page PDF (8.5 x 11" paper) and a 416ish KB file.

I suggest that you publish your file here, this host service doesn't have the 30 day of file inactivity limit so it will be online forever :D

http://www.divshare.com/

Nice work, i wish to got your templates to build a loyalist titan ;)

G.Hawke
01-01-2007, 12:43
beleive me, these templates are ace!

Hawke

G.Hawke
01-01-2007, 16:17
ooh, a footnote for the prints, Make sure your PC doesn't scale them, you'll love 10m an inch, its a pain.

I've started a cardboard titan, templates seem rather fantastic atm.

My plans to build A Legio.
Dies Irea heading the 3 warhounds.

Hawke

The Keeper of Secrets
01-01-2007, 20:07
Hi, just quickly, can anyone give me an indication as to where the legio rules are, or should I use VDR. (if they are only in the FW books then I will).

heretics bane
01-01-2007, 20:19
WOW how in the name of god did you build that thing so,so perfectly!!! i think if FW see this the'll offer you a job!

G.Hawke
01-01-2007, 22:45
Right, i've decided to keep with out good thread makers request and i'm gonna put up pics of the cardboard foot i've made,

template fine btw, so i'm jumping into plasticard.

http://www.astronomican.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/IMAG0092_edited.jpg

Hawke

lack0fbettername
02-01-2007, 12:42
awsome stuff hawke, its good to see my templates being put to good uses, i had hoped they would help some people make titans of their own.

I didnt get about to taking more pictures, but will have some up by this weekend, (hopefully with the finished construction)

lack0fbettername
02-01-2007, 22:01
MAJORISH UPDATE

So the last "major update" i did really didnt say anything other then that i had finished the templates (which apparently was a majorly huge update for all yall) ive gotten about 50 some e-mails askin for em. So if 5% of yall actualy build titans (2.5 models). I consider my time making those templates worth while. Alas as of this second i think i got the templates out to everyone who e-mailed or PMed me, so if i didnt get a reply it wasnt on purpose & just keep hastling me for em :-).

(SIDE NOTE: enough of yall build titans we'll start a club!!!)

And now for the photo shoot refered to as the "95%" (being im 95% done, waiting for bitz in the mail then a little more green stuff and presto)

as a side note i didnt get as much of the painting on the army done as i wanted to this weekend, other (non-40K) projects got in the way.

So the Pics.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/95Percent1.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/95Percent2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/95Percent3.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/95Percent4.jpg

Dominus Ex Machina
02-01-2007, 22:15
Wow! THAT is amazing...

Gonfrask
03-01-2007, 01:11
Whoaaaa!!!!!!!! Forgive me father because I have sin!!!! Your work is amazing!!! Oh Hell, at last you havenīt done the titanīs inside, because if you would the rest of all us would have to leave the modelling
Again, Great and Fantastic Work!!

Mrlemonjelly
05-01-2007, 19:10
What thickness of plasticard would be best to use?

lack0fbettername
05-01-2007, 19:58
The plans assume that the plasticard you are useing is infanitly thin plasticard (this is oddy enough incredably hard to find in stores) or paper. I built mine out of .09" and .06" however despite being incredably strong the .09" was pretty tough to cut.

I resorted to doing almost all the .09" cutting on my jigsaw. As it was neig impossable with a box cutter or anything else.

So i think if i were to make a suggestion having to do it again i would say .05-.06" for the main structure and .04-.05" thick plasticard for the details.

I think however any DECENT thinkness would work, however take note that the thiner the plasticard is the more reinforceing it will need.

AND Thanks Netpixie

tagsta
05-01-2007, 20:12
Mate, thanks for the templates ;)

And get that thing painted ;)

Bonesthedog
05-01-2007, 21:14
Incredible. Thanks for the plans. I wish I knew more about Titans, so i could convert it to work in a Space Marine army. :)

bladestalker
06-01-2007, 05:06
This is amazing. great looking work.

anyone know of a template for an eldar titan?

Firecam
06-01-2007, 21:32
looks great man, we're gonna have to get a megabattle set up so you can run that beast!

Mrlemonjelly
07-01-2007, 00:29
So i think if i were to make a suggestion having to do it again i would say .05-.06" for the main structure and .04-.05" thick plasticard for the details.

Ok, well I have some 1mm thick stuff - that's about .04". I'll probably get some .06 if I ever get around to starting. Hopefully I will but it might not be until summer, even.

When I do, though, I shall probably be scoring and snapping my plasticard - is this a problem, do you think?

The templates are like, nets, of each piece; they look like they're supposed to be folded, but looking at yours, it looks like you used individual pieces for each side. I assumed folding plasticard was nigh-on impossible, so is this the way to go? If so does it need supporting inside the corners?

Lastly, the pistons. Two thicknesses of plastic pipe? Is that how you did it?

Sorry to grapeshot you with questions but I need to know if this is going to be easy enough for me to manage.

Mrlemonjelly

locutus
07-01-2007, 03:51
I've just printed out your lovely templated, and will go and buy some cheaper plasticard next weekend as my local modellers store only sells evergreen, which is expensive as **** (i just bought a single small piece with wood plank structure to scratchbuild a deck on a model ship, for *9* Euros).

Will post pictures as soon as i get my thick paper testversion done :-)

lack0fbettername
07-01-2007, 04:37
@ FIrecam, yeah im gonna need a reson to field this beast. After the tourny (sometime in feb i guess) mike has vollenteered to be its first victom/test. Im not sure how cool it will be in battle. But im thinking right now about maybe a 3000pts game or like that and just letting him field whatever he wants, 2 detachments of tau. Or 1 detachment of tau and 1 of orks, borrowed eldar, borrowed marines, whatever.

Ive yet to discuss with him the terms of our battle (mainly cause i havent been down to the shop in like 2 weeks) but alas.... he volleneteeered.

@ALL - Final bitz came in the mail today so updated pics should be up tommorow or monday.

@Lemon-Jelly
I dont mind the questions at all. I enjoy discussing my work.

I First must stress that .09" plasticard is expetionly strudy and strong, it is impossable to bend and take forever to be cut with just a box cutters (as i mentioned earlier i commonly used a power jigsaw) it would be about the equivients of gluing 2 of your sheets together ontop of eachother then trying to bend or cut it.

However You are correct, the templates assumed that the plasticard is thin enough to be scored and bent.

I didnt typicly use braces (once again .09" plasticard has alot of end area for super glue to hold onto) using thiner plasticard i may use triangle braces every now and again.

However a common tatic i used is that i would commonly make 3 sides of an object. Glue gun all the joints and then close it off. (the glue gun makes it uber nice & strong).

Ill have the plasticard tubing sizes for you when i post updated pics, Its late and in all the cleaning today (folks drove up from VA) i dont know where i put the box of plasticard.

-JSV

liamrob
07-01-2007, 05:09
It is lovely now!

One little suggestion why don't u put like an eldar/ork/SM or something hanging from a chain from the top of some sort to show some more chaosy look.

I might get the templates later cause i think i've ran out of money buying some SM and getting paints.

Biotitan
09-01-2007, 05:37
I've started a titan as well with yuor brilliant templates
i've started a log here
http://thetyranidhive.proboards28.com/index.cgi?board=converting&action=display&thread=1168320368&page=1

azironlegion
09-01-2007, 06:53
Amazing job. Im gonna be watching this thread like a hawk. I cant wait to see the end result.

escobar
09-01-2007, 08:17
thanks for the templates - one more project I'm going to start and probably finish in 5 years... sigh

Brilliant work and looking forward to seeing it painted

lack0fbettername
10-01-2007, 23:08
BIG HUGE UBER POST

First things first

@Lemon Jelly - Yes its 2 sizes tubing, they are 3/16 and then the smaller one is 1/8. I used plastistruckt (Spelling). If you go here you can find full specs on evergreens stuff.

Im not sure about plastistruck but The good thing about evergreen is everything has a partnumber.

Example 3/16" part number is 226, 1/8" part number is 224
All even number rods fit inside the next even number up. All odd numbers fit inside the next odd number up.
So part number 222 fits inside 224 fits inside 226... 228 you get the idea.

See Link for Evergreen plasticard sizes, this is a great PDF if you buy their stuff. http://www.evergreenscalemodels.com/Specs.pdf

And now finished pics.

I ended up lineing the head with eldar guardian heads to make it a little more slaaneshy... also the skull from the hellcannon could easily be the greatest metal bit ever made.

So unless anyone has any really really really awsome ideas this is done till painting.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/FINISHED01.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/FINISHED02.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/FINISHED03.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/FINISHED04.jpg

lack0fbettername
10-01-2007, 23:08
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/FINISHED05.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/FINISHED06.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/FINISHED07.jpg

The Laughing God
10-01-2007, 23:12
Thats amazing.:eek:
I really want to see it painted.

Gonfrask
10-01-2007, 23:14
Really thank you netpixie.

Well, the model is more and more impresive

Luna de hierro
11-01-2007, 00:16
I?m speechless and amazed... this is... Uauuuu.... :eek:

Thanks for the templates, makes it very tempting.

chaos0xomega
11-01-2007, 01:18
I have a really really awesome idea!

Disassemble it into it's completed component parts and get some molds made ;)

Waaagh Grignak
14-01-2007, 12:14
Very good titans peeps, but its too many squishy 'oomie titans... what you need is a Gargant, even a small one!

Ventris_Fellstorm
14-01-2007, 12:41
Very good titans peeps, but its too many squishy 'oomie titans... what you need is a Gargant, even a small one!

A Gargant? I've got one too:(sorry for pic)

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n204/Ventris_Fellstorm/MechaSquig001.jpg

It's called: "W.A.L.L.A.C.E." or Mecha Squig...well it's a heavily armed floatin' mechanical Squig...:D

sLai
14-01-2007, 14:57
It looks amazing, but please, chop it up a bit, bullet holes, scratches, dents and other battle damage, a chaos titan cant be running around in mint condition, atleast not according to me :P

Ventris_Fellstorm
14-01-2007, 17:23
It looks amazing, but please, chop it up a bit, bullet holes, scratches, dents and other battle damage, a chaos titan cant be running around in mint condition, atleast not according to me :P

Well, it is Slaneesh after all...

liamrob
16-01-2007, 14:15
:p neva knew slaneesh had to be mint condition. I like to have battle damage on everything i do except a few things like LOTR stuff and some other things :p

I can't wait for the paint to be applied. Only thing i can add is to add battle damage please.

Tensor
02-02-2007, 15:40
You, sir, are made entirely of Awsome and Titany Goodness. I salute you - and then send you an email asking for templates!

jasevx
02-02-2007, 18:48
the templates are listed as a PDF file on here

srsmith
02-02-2007, 19:04
..::Jaw drops on floor and uncomprehendable mumbling is uttered::..

Xand0r
15-02-2007, 06:43
Absolutely stunning! Can't wait for the paint!

BlackViper
22-02-2007, 10:33
That is absolutely stunning. I am stunned. Make me one?

St-Jimmy
22-02-2007, 16:27
Now That Titan Is one of the BEST Models i have ever seen!!!!!:eek: :D *Sends E-mail For Templates :)*

Ozymandiass
22-02-2007, 16:51
The templates were posted on the thread. I downloaded them, fooling myself into thinking that I could actually make something this cool.

I too can't wait to see it painted.

Ozymandias, King of Kings

shaw3029
22-02-2007, 18:10
Cool! I cant wait to see it painted I hope It looks great in the end.

St-Jimmy
22-02-2007, 18:19
@Ozymandias

what page are they on?

Vaktathi
22-02-2007, 18:31
That titan looks amazing, can't wait to see it painted, are you gonna go for a pink/black Emperor's children job on it?

THE CHIEF
23-02-2007, 11:32
Wow! cool man! Are you going to fill in the edges, or leave it as it is? I think if you've spent this much time on it, you should think about it...

lack0fbettername
23-02-2007, 12:50
Ive already filled in some of the edges, but mostly its going to stay as is. Anyhoo. I think im going to start painting on wednesday. (if everything goes as planned)

St-Jimmy
23-02-2007, 14:21
cool Cant Wait To se it Painted =]

jasevx
23-02-2007, 14:27
He is alive!

Great to see you back and finishing it!

lack0fbettername
23-02-2007, 15:23
UPDATEISHNESS
(I GUESS, THOUGH HAS LITTLE TO DO WITH ACTUAL PROJECT)

Firstly Yes i Am alive, so no real update there, unless you figured i perished, this you are now updated, im still kicking & screaming. I have actualy been painting like a madman, just not the titan.

Mont or so back I schedualed a 3000pt battle with a tau player, so i wanted to field everything painted (save the titan) so i painted bout 35 minis in 3-4 weeks, which is alot for me. ( it typicly takes me 40minutes +/- a model)

Battle Report
the 3000pts game was good, i fielded about 1000pts of traitor guard, 1200pts of chaos space marines and the titan. Even though i was tecknicly fielding 3 detachments, i limited myself to still 2HQ, 6roops, 3 Elites, 3 Heavys & 3 Fast. The titan didnt move a whole lot just stood and shot at things.

The tau player took 3 broadsides, 2 hammerheads and a whole slue of crisis suits (6-9ish).

I had some crappy rolling in the begining but In the end it work out to a draw in my favor as far as VP goes. The titan lost both void shields & suffered a "may not move next turn" damage result, but next turn i rolled box cars and regenerated both void shields. So the titan essentualy finished the game completely undamaged although slightly "tickled" (quote by tau player) by 4 - 6 (cant remember) rail gun shots

Here is a pic of my full 3000pt force ruling over my ping pong table.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Emperors%20Children/DSCN1039.jpg

HERE are some of my other vehicles (2 rhinos, chimera & leman russ)
this will give you an idea of how i intend to pain the titan

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Emperors%20Children/DSCN1041.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Emperors%20Children/DSCN0586.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Emperors%20Children/DSCN0587.jpg

Ventris_Fellstorm
23-02-2007, 15:36
I absolutely love those freehands on the Rhinos! And I can't wait to see paint slapped on the Titan...

jasevx
23-02-2007, 15:44
God, you won't be able to miss that when it's painted! Should have just stomped on the Hammerheads ;)

Ozymandiass
23-02-2007, 16:58
@Ozymandias

what page are they on?

Hmm... They were in post #157, but apparently they are not anymore. Post #157 has how to get them. I did download them while they were here, you can always PM me and I'll email them to you.

lack0fbettername
23-02-2007, 17:36
I Did at one point have a chance to run it into some stealth suits, but it would have taken me tword the side of the field where less juicy targets were, so i just ignored them. and missed the chance to get the titan in close combat.

Funny thing is, the mission we rolled was recon... i guess it is a scout titan.

Spacejens
24-02-2007, 09:30
Wow ! That paint scheme looks great on the tanks, and will look stunning on the titan. And stunning is great, because the titan can walk up to you and stomp on you while you just stand there ;)

The freehand designs are very subtle. At first I thought they were just random, but then I saw the Slaanesh symbol on the Rhino top hatch.

caven
27-02-2007, 02:12
Very cool! nice paint scheme and a well built machine indeed!

was wondering if i could get some temlpates, i E-mailed you, but now ill PM you too!

Great work, keep it up!

Caven

lack0fbettername
01-03-2007, 00:13
heres the pics from the titan game, should have pics up of some paintedness later on tonight or tommorow
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Emperors%20Children/DSCN1056.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Emperors%20Children/DSCN1057.jpg

Crazy Harborc
01-03-2007, 00:51
Looks very good to me.

Um.......any chance of that big one becoming automated???:evilgrin:

Marshal Augustine
01-03-2007, 21:39
dude.... kudos, that is awsome... how long was the whole progect?.. cant wait to see it painted.

lack0fbettername
03-03-2007, 03:30
UPDATE IN COLOR
Heres updated pics from today/wednesday work.

Not the best pics cause of the lighting but alas. The near leg is 99.67% done. (well really 99 and 2/3 but i rounded up. Hope yall dont mind)

Also note i consider myself to be in the hobby for 55% playing & friends 30% modeling and 10% painting, so im looking for tabletop quality, im relistic with myself im no greater daemon winner. So any advice is appricated. (Notice that add up to 95, leaving 5% for winning)

Also not im going on vacation to the moutians for a week & i dont think wife would apricate me bringing titan/paints along. So more updates in 10days or so.

Anyway heres the pics.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Paint3-1-07.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Pain23-1-07.jpg

Crazy Harborc
03-03-2007, 04:33
:D VERY nice, very nice indeed. I really like it. Enjoy using it. May all your opponents be so engrossed looking at it that they forget to shoot at it:evilgrin:

Ventris_Fellstorm
03-03-2007, 08:19
Looks really nice...now go on to paint the whole thing :P

Marshal Augustine
05-03-2007, 15:04
kudos once more. cant wait to see it finished

Arhalien
05-03-2007, 15:34
Crazy colour scheme to go with a crazy project :)

Looks nice but the metals aren't brilliantly smooth IMO; although i can understand given the sheer area to paint :)

Lords of Metal
10-03-2007, 20:16
Does anyone around here have the scratch built Warhound templates or know where I could get them?

Besides, any other templates for scratch built FW type vehicles would be great if you know where to get them!

Thanks in advance!

Destris
10-03-2007, 20:22
Does anyone around here have the scratch built Warhound templates or know where I could get them?

Besides, any other templates for scratch built FW type vehicles would be great if you know where to get them!

Thanks in advance!

PM me your Email Address and I'll send you them. :)

D.

lack0fbettername
15-03-2007, 04:18
Yeah Arhalien the shining gold is a pain to paint even over small areas, much less these large flat surfaces. Im done with both legs up to the hip joint & should hopefully have pics tommorow, i want to have the bottom half done ether tommorow or friday & prime this weekend.

As a side note i sent out alteast 100 copies of the templates and have yet to see any builds, yall should get your work on.

-JSV

lack0fbettername
16-03-2007, 13:00
MORE LEG SHOTS

Ideas Comments and concerns are always still welcome

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Paint3-15-07.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Paint23-15-07.jpg

jasevx
16-03-2007, 13:05
Your not going to mis that on the battlefield! Just Awesome!

MF3000
16-03-2007, 23:01
That is pretty *******' osome

sj

Idaan
18-03-2007, 14:26
Whoah. I was lurking here for quite long, and now as I've finally registered I must express my amazement for this Titan. Shame it's a servant of The Great Enemy though ;). But with this colour scheme, aren't you afraid it will turn too bright or striking? It worked very well on your tanks, but Titan is whole lotta bigger.

St-Jimmy
18-03-2007, 20:27
Yeah Arhalien the shining gold is a pain to paint even over small areas, much less these large flat surfaces. Im done with both legs up to the hip joint & should hopefully have pics tommorow, i want to have the bottom half done ether tommorow or friday & prime this weekend.

As a side note i sent out alteast 100 copies of the templates and have yet to see any builds, yall should get your work on.

-JSV

I am going to start building one but first i have to aquire the right materials:D and i need to find some time to build it (LOTS of revision for exams:(

bigbauske
19-03-2007, 02:39
WOW! Thats all I can say.

Strelok
19-03-2007, 02:53
I don't know if this has been said yet (I skipped around the post looking at the pics). To fit slaanesh, I'd say you need plenty of flesh: slaves all over the place, hanging off chains, chained to the hull, wrapped around the legs, etc.

lack0fbettername
19-03-2007, 12:58
@ Idaan, not really bright & striking = moregooders. ateast in my mind. It is slaaneshi after all.

@ Strelok its a little late in the work to start adding stuff on, earlier on someone mentioned having daemonettes on it. But i decided against it. I didnt really like the idea of daemonettes riding it. Slaves i may consider, but right now i just want to get it painted.

Nife
19-03-2007, 13:17
Psychedelic!!!

Very very nice indeed....

kaimarion
09-04-2007, 21:55
sweet pics
nice hound

lack0fbettername
09-04-2007, 22:05
UPDATE

OK so after i finished the legs i looked at the top half and realized how much work i had left. After that i put if off for a while and worked on alot of smaller projects.

However ive put abotu 1-2 hours in every day this week. Current status is legs are 100% done, torso/head/blastgun are 90% done, megabolter is 10% done.

Here are the pics.
Whole Titan
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/DSCN1077.jpg

Back View
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/DSCN1079.jpg

Guardsmen Point of View
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/DSCN1080.jpg

Ozymandiass
09-04-2007, 23:45
Holy crap!! :eek:

Beautiful, simply beautiful.

Crazy Harborc
10-04-2007, 00:46
Oh, Oh my, very, very nice.....Can, can I have it?:D

Say how about a little town? Maybe 20/30 buildings......couple of 20 story buildings, giant admin building or three?:evilgrin:

Vaktathi
10-04-2007, 02:15
I really like the "old school" chaos feel about it.

I definitley approve, it looks like a beast :D

Still learning
10-04-2007, 02:47
um the model is great, but whats with all the colours?

lack0fbettername
10-04-2007, 04:41
Still Learning, its slaaneshi,

we are all about the colors but specificly.
My chaos marines are dominatly blue & black. (instead of the typical pink)
and they have purple & gold shoulder pads which are a throwback to prehersy Emperors children.

The titan mimics this a little, look at reply 204 (i think) of this thread you can see my other vehicles.

Tyra_Nid
10-04-2007, 08:29
Thats brilliant! Although I think its a little too big.

Mrlemonjelly
10-04-2007, 09:40
I have to say I had my doubts about the colour scheme, but now it's nearly done, it looks pretty nice.

I've started on my titan, too :)

All I've done so far is one foot, and started on the next, because it's taking ages, but I'm getting there. No pics I'm afraid because it's not very good. It is however, bloody huge. It's footspan's about the same size as a rhino!

Arhalien
10-04-2007, 11:11
:eek: :eek:

ZOMGxORS! TEH uBER CARZ1I3S!!! 1!1!1!!!

;)

Excellent. I really like the freehand on the blue.

How close is it to finished?

lack0fbettername
10-04-2007, 12:47
Arhalien,
Current status is

legs are 100% done
torso/head/blastgun are 90% done
megabolter is 10% done.

I would guess about 4-8 hours of work left

7thOffensive
12-04-2007, 15:25
pretty amazing.

ZAChos
12-04-2007, 15:30
The first thing I thought of when I saw this was Austin Powers.

Yeah Baby!

lack0fbettername
16-04-2007, 02:15
MEGA HUGE UPDATE = ITS DONE

Before i get to that heres the other stuff i did this weekend. (i was uber productive)

Having never played a game of blood bowl in real life (played a few games online with java client) i decided to make a board. YOu can see my human team arrayed on it. Also i painted 6 "swordsmen" for my fantasy empire army. Making the unit up to 23 strong.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Empire/DSCN1081.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Empire/DSCN1088.jpg

lack0fbettername
16-04-2007, 02:18
NOW THE FINAL TITAN PICS

Here are the final pics. So TaDA...................
I Tried to include a terminator in all the pics for scale
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Complete01.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Complete02.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Complete03.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Complete04.jpg

lack0fbettername
16-04-2007, 02:18
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Complete05.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Complete06.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Complete07.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/jsvironfurnace/Warhound/Complete08.jpg

lack0fbettername