PDA

View Full Version : Mark of Chaos themed Chaos Undivided

Lordsaradain
01-12-2006, 09:42
After collecting and painting around 2,5 k chaos khorne, 2k tzeentch, 2,5 k nurgle and around 1 k slaanesh, I've decided to start an undivided horde. I was mainly inspired by the Computer game Mark of Chaos. I want to build a horde that looks alike the Mark of Chaos Undivided army(I'll make my models look similar and they will be painted in an similar colourscheme). As I want my army to be as identical to the one in the computer game as possible, I will not be using any beasts of chaos, nor will I use any marauders as their current models are nowhere near as cool as the MoC ones.

The only models I will allow myself to use are chaos knights, chaos warriors, chaos champions, chaos sorceror on foot, warhounds, spawns, furies and prehaps a giant.

So far I've got:

Exalted of Chaos Undivided
Armour of Damnation, Additional Hand Weapon
134pts

14 Warriors of Chaos Undivided
Additional Hand Weapons, Full Command, War Banner
293pts

5 Knights of Chaos Undivided
Champion, Musician
195pts

5 Warhouds
30pts

5 Warhouds
30pts

2 Chaos Spawn
120pts

Currently I'm thinking about adding a unit of furies, and prehaps another unit of knights.

So, apart from the theme, do you think this army/list could be competetive?

Shaitan
01-12-2006, 11:47
I would add a (lvl 2) Chaos Sorcerer and a unit of Furies.

The Furies are just too good to leave at home. And one Sorcerer is always a nice addition in an army like this (no shooting, elite units)

Ironhand
04-12-2006, 16:44
I think you need a big block of Marauders for static combat resolution.

I agree with Shaitan about the Chaos Sorceror and Furies.

I'd either increase your Chaos Warriors to 17 or reduce them to 11 and field them 6 wide with the Exalted Champion.

I'd try to squeeze in a Chariot as well and perhaps some Marauder horse.

Shaitan
05-12-2006, 09:11
Oh, and now I see that you haven't equiped your Warriors with shields. Expensive models like Warriors should have shields. A better armour save for a measly one point is a MUST.

kyussinchains
05-12-2006, 11:39
the army could well be competetive, just be aware you're very likely to get outflanked, furies would help with this, as would a second unit of knights.

I used to play knights and warriors only, I won plenty of games, but it can get a little dull after a while