PDA

View Full Version : best transport for ork warboss

Cirenivel
01-12-2006, 19:08
so, i have an ork warboss without a bodyguard of nobz, and i want to give him a transport and a squad that packs a punch in CC.
advice would be apreciated:p

Cirenivel

lachlin
01-12-2006, 19:16
A trukk is cheap, fast and available to a boss with a retinue. This is the option I normally take. A battlewagon suffers from open topness (but looks cool if modelled right). A looted Land Raider is dead 'ard but way expensive. If you can keep it from being shot at, a trukk is the way to go.

Cirenivel
01-12-2006, 19:24
A trukk is cheap, fast and available to a boss with a retinue. This is the option I normally take. A battlewagon suffers from open topness (but looks cool if modelled right). A looted Land Raider is dead 'ard but way expensive. If you can keep it from being shot at, a trukk is the way to go.

but i don't want a retuine of nobz, i just don't like them:(
but do you know of any ways to get a fast vehicle without taking a nobz retuine?

Cirenivel

wingedserpant
01-12-2006, 19:30
A trukk is your best option- fast, small, cheap and you can assualt from it. It is your best option. No doubt.

sephiroth87
01-12-2006, 19:33
You can take a bike in the Kult of Speed or in the Evil Sunz.

Another option is to buy him an attack squig so that he can take his own vehicle. As far as I know, it counts as a retinue.

You can stick him in a trukkboyz trukk if he's alone, also, I think.

You can do the same thing with Cyborks, as they're a strong hand to hand unit.

wingedserpant
01-12-2006, 19:48
Oh and stray away from battlewagons as they are slow and may end up creating the common 'all your eggs in a basket' situation.

Da Reddaneks
01-12-2006, 20:08
what he said.

Takitron
01-12-2006, 20:12
ditto to Lachlin

but .. why would you overlook a ton of nobz with powerclaws if you want a hard hitting CC unit that jumps out of a trukk and kills things?

Kriegsherr
01-12-2006, 20:14
If you play blood axes, or if you have no other looted vehicle, consider the chimera. Granted, you can't assault out of a chimera, but you get a ded 'ard front armour combined with two heavy flamers and, if you cram any orks into it, some lasguns that count as beeing vehicle mounted....
Especially the two flamers ar sweet. And of course, the thing cost only as much as 2,66 trukks.

Shardik
01-12-2006, 20:28
I always use a looted landraider for my main warboss, for smaller games i use a cheap warboss in a truck or looted rhino :)

Karhedron
01-12-2006, 20:49
A battlewagon suffers from open topness

Or benefits from it if you like your glass half-full. Assaulting out of an A13 tank after it has moved 12" will inconvenience a lot of opponents. A mekboy with a kustom force field may help but again it is all your eggs in one basket.

lachlin
01-12-2006, 21:19
If you don't want the retinue, have da boss join up with some trukkboyz

NeonDante
02-12-2006, 00:03
The toughest squad you could attach him to would be a squad of 19 skarboys in a battlewagon, but that means sacraficing a trukk's speed.