PDA

View Full Version : And Now For Something Completely Different!

Erestor
01-12-2006, 22:17
Well Not Really, It's just another modelling and painting blog, but I'm a Python fan, and it seems funny, to me.

Like others I have been avoiding the commitment of a project log since they were invented and just sticking to a low level of posting in the WPSG, now I'm annoyed at how slow some of my projects are going and am looking for new motivation to get them out of the way.

Mind you, there is a lot of work in my projects, not for me the conitnued tedium of 'just painted' armies. I want them all the be painted as well as Razzas and converted like the Hoff. Standards I can only hope to aspire to.

Anyway to cut the C rap I am working on a couple of units for my Beasts army, Centigors and a Giant, an entire Death Skull Ork army, a converted guard army based on the Rogue Trader you see below and varaious other things, too silly to mention. (Or I can't quite put my finger on them)

I will start with a few of photos of what done, less with whats to come, as thats a bit less fun.

Erestor
01-12-2006, 22:23
One of the silly projects is a Daemon Prince for a LOTD army, Another shot of a Killa Kan, Dwarf King for my shelved Darf army, and a shot of a Blood Ravens Dread - Some more stuff for this army needs be finished, ie termies and scouts.

Erestor
01-12-2006, 22:29
An old shot of my Giant, who is nearly finished. Oh how I am regretting sticking that goat on his back. I don't know how to paint a goat.:confused:

Also a standard from a herd and a character, who alternates between a shaman and a Beast Lord, wearing the Crimson Armour of Dargan and having the Mark of Nurgle.

Oh yeah, in case you were wondering, the beasts army has a nurgle theme and , hopefuly, will be what I am working on most in the near future, given that I aim to take them to a tourny in late Jan.

Hideous Loon
02-12-2006, 10:15
You know, painting a goat doesn't have to be much different from painting your Beastmen, basecoat with dark brown, layer with lighter brown, maybe some spots of an alternating colour for variety.

The Rogue Trader is my personal favourite, I like that you've taken an Inquisitorial character and made him look not in the least bit Inquisitorial. Kudos.

Erestor
03-12-2006, 22:02
I hear from some people who know more about goats than I do say they are mostly white. It's good to have answers. Thanks for the feedback Hideous Loon.

Luke
03-12-2006, 22:06
That nurgle bray-shaman is awesome! Nice job.

schoolcormorant
03-12-2006, 22:07
i think goats are usually white, though i have seen brown ones (on TV i'm not weird or anything...)
whenever i see anything of yours over at the WPSG i like it so i'll follow this one :)

SC

Erestor
07-12-2006, 07:27
An update on the Centigors,

Some early GS work on the body joins to make fur.

A Champion with the beer on his back.

Need to do more work on the left arms to get them to rank in a manner which makes game play easier.

Mrlemonjelly
07-12-2006, 16:25
Those centigors look very dynamic. I like them.

Erestor
11-12-2006, 09:13
Thanks for the feedback.

I have done the giants goat, and some green stuff on the join line on his neck, photos when I paint over the green stuff.

Erestor
13-12-2006, 08:37
An update, almost finished the giant,

Photos revealed a flaw which needs to be corrected. Ooops.

Next more work on Centigors.

Erestor
13-12-2006, 08:40
Last photo, an overall front view.

The chaos plinth is one from his weapon options, I cut the hand away and plonked it down.

On the left as you look at it is a Nurgling in case you can't make it out.

The mutation on his back is from the chaos spawn. This is such a great model I didn't want to mutate him too much.

schoolcormorant
13-12-2006, 13:13
thats awesome! the face and hair are really good. i like the pose too, imagine being in front of that!
BTW how do you paint your wood? i'm talking about the wood for the hammer?

SC

Erestor
14-12-2006, 06:27
Very carefully, Oh you mean the model, right?

Scorched Brown, brown ink, highlights with bestial and a little bit of vermin brown and some highlights of mixed bestial and bleached bone.

Erestor
16-12-2006, 03:41
Well, I'm trying something new now, with the whole pbucket thingo.

Us old chaps need to stay up to date with the techno wizardry to a limited extent anyway.

Hope it works.

Anyway the photos are my work area etc,
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Erestor_album/Warseer%20pics/December06.jpg

And some converted Xenos for the Rogue Trader army, who will counts as hardened vets,

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Erestor_album/Warseer%20pics/dec063.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Erestor_album/Warseer%20pics/dec062.jpg

And a new converted shaman for the Beasts army I have been avoiding.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Erestor_album/Warseer%20pics/BeastmenforCancon15.jpg

bert n ernie
07-07-2007, 04:15
I was hoping for an update here again. Am I out of luck?

I've really enjoyted seeing the conversions you've made thus far.