PDA

View Full Version : night gobo's 1k

athamas
02-12-2006, 21:21
first try as night gobbo's

just want an army that will be a laugh to play, and have a god time... noting too competative

Night goblin big boss
Great axe
Nibbla's itty ring
Amulet of protectyness

Night goblin big boss
LA
shield
bsb
Rowdy Grott's big red banner

Night goblin shaman
lvl 2
2 magic mushrooms
dispel scroll

29 nightgoblins with spears

2 spear chukka's

5 squig hoppers

5 squig hopers

5 spider riders
bows

troll

Tutore
03-12-2006, 20:11
Good, I've a similar list although I must explain myself why I put the troll in.

athamas
04-12-2006, 21:17
well thats fairly easy.... he followed them onto the batle field.. .trolls are stupid like that..

or they found him in their caves

Dranthar
04-12-2006, 22:04
I'd skip the troll - With a mighty Ld6 for your general it's unlikely that the troll will end up doing anything useful during the game. The Battle Standard bearer will probably help stop you from panicing from shooting, but in combat he'll be useless - iwth T4 and little to no armour your opponent will able to wipe him out in short order.

I think you need musicians for all your gobbo units, and a standard+champion in 1-2 of them to act as your main 'combat' unit.

Another unit of spider riders wouldn't go astray, and to accont for the loss of your BSB you could boost some of your infantry blocks to 35+ models to make them more difficult to panic (beleive me, it's not easy to kill 9+ goblins in a single phase unless they're hell-shooty, in which case he's just ignored the rest of your army. ;) )

Nets are incredible. I generally equip my gobbos with either nets (for general combat) or spears (heaps of attacks on the defense and taking charges by S6+ models).

Fanatics are also handy on the defense, hence I like to give a few to my spear-armed gobbos.

Finally, don't overlook the value of a squig herd - with 2 S5 attacks each for what is essentially 6 pts per model they make for a very nasty unit in combat.

athamas
04-12-2006, 23:42
hmm i cant believe i missed some of that..

ill get creating a new list..