PDA

View Full Version : Starting the deathwing

turnipman
03-12-2006, 21:27
firstly, sorry if this is the wrong place ;)

now then...i'm thinking of starting a deathwing army as a project between my last army, and my chaos militia because they model count is low and the army looks awesome, and i'm gonna go for 1000pts i think for now. but i was thinking, will i need the space marine codex, the dark angel codex, or both?

thanks!

p.s. any other advice or tips etc would be appreciated!

DragonPup
03-12-2006, 21:50
Currently, you need both Codexii. It is thought the upcoming Dark Angels Codex release in earlyish 2007 will be a standalone book similar to that of the Black Templars.

Gen_eV
03-12-2006, 22:22
According to the rumours floating about at the moment, the Deathwing are going to be VERY different when the new Codex comes out in February. I'd recommend you get an army now anyway, cos they're so damn cool, but I feel you should be forewarned.

The biggest change rumoured is that there'll only be one type of squad, able to freely mix Lightning Claws and Thunder Hammers into a unit with Storm Bolters and Heavy Weapons. (Well, one heavy weapon - still hoping it's one Assault Cannon so I can still take my Cyclones)

Anvils Hammer
03-12-2006, 22:23
download and read the 2nd issue of FIREBASE, its got more deathwing stuff in in than all 300 odd WD's ever published, combined!

UnRiggable
03-12-2006, 22:53
Yeah that stuff made me want to start also...must fight the temptation...

turnipman
03-12-2006, 23:02
i've already read it :p its what has inspired me also...

and i already knew that a new DA codex was coming out, it think i'll wait for now, i'll try to get my grey knights painted, although i will be getting an entire chaos militia army from forgeworld for christmas!

thanks anyways

UnRiggable
03-12-2006, 23:24
I'm confused...all the rules for deathwing are in the SM codex (except FOC) so why need the DA codex?

onnotangu
04-12-2006, 00:40
I'd just focus on getting the torsos and legs leave the arms and weapons off till you see what upgrade packs you will be working with.

honestly I thought the same thing. even wrote up the total cost for 1500 points.

magazine articles are like whisperings of crack.. one minute you are reading a nice well written article and next you are on your 4th box of terminators telling yourself you can stop anytime.