PDA

View Full Version : Sons of Guilliman

Khrangar
08-07-2005, 04:25
I have recently decided to do another marine army, mainly because I can get them cheap off a friend, and wanted to do a Sons of Guilliman army. I found their colour scheme in an old WD (US249 I believe), but other than that, I can't find anything out about them. If anyone has any background on them or anything of the sort, I would appreciate it if you would tell me it, or, if possible, direct me to the source of the information.

Brother Munro
08-07-2005, 10:28
At a guess they would be a decendant of the Ultramarines chapter, and therefore strict followers of the Codex Astartes (I don't recall them being 2nd founding though). Other than that I doubt GW has much official fluff on them, you could base them almost anywhere in the galaxy.

Hoshi No Koe
08-07-2005, 13:31
They don't need to be a strictly codex chapter to be an Ultramarines successor IMO. They could definitely have some minor traits they've developped since their founding.

A good example of this are the mortifactors, which might not be very different in battle tactics, but have significantly departed from the codex astartes on the field of rituals and beliefs.

Other foundings could have definitely things like higher proportions of devastator or assault squads or have specialized in siege warfare, depending on their locations and regular ennemies.

rottin' daniel
09-07-2005, 14:34
all i could find is that they are ultramarines successor founded at M33, so no second founding lads.

Khrangar
12-07-2005, 04:41
Actually, they could be a second founding, as the chapters were named in Apocyrpha of Davio in M33. The Ultramarines are said to have 23 second foundings so they could potentially be one of them.