Hand weapons and shields

23 Night Goblins
Hand weapons and bows

Troll

2 Rocklobbers

total = 998 pts

Dranthar
07-12-2006, 08:37
Hmm. First off, you should start by replacing all of the magic items you've taken, since they're all not very good (except the staff of sneaky stealing, but you don't need that when you already have 3 mages).

Fill your mages up with;

Nibblas itty ring
Horn of Urgok
MAYBE a staff of Badumm (have yet to work out whether it's worth trying myself)
MAYBE Pipes of Doom (can come in handy with the horn)
...and 1-2 magic mushrooms each

You could also add a single dispel scroll, but as I said, with three wizards your magic defense is already pretty formidable for 1000pts.

As for the rest of your army, don't expect it to last long at all in combat. You either need to make the units 30+ with at least a musician, or forgo combat altogether and equip them with bows (some might consider this powergaming, but I'd love to see such a cowardly army in action! :D )

Your troll, with his stupidity rule and your Ld5 General, will be lucky to do anything during the game. You're far better off ditching him for something, anything, else.

Most people seem to think that 2x spear chukkas are better than one stone thrower, and I'm inclined to agree. If anything, I'd replace one of the stone throwers with a pair of spear chukkas if you can afford to get them.

Tutore
07-12-2006, 09:22
Well isn´t that kind of army a little bit boring? It´s all the same! Then I´ll replace rocklobbers with spear chucka, at least one of them with two spear chuckas.

Omegakai
07-12-2006, 18:40
The theme here seems to be night gobos.
so i suggest replacing the troll and the rocklobers with squigs and squig hoppers.
possibly dropping a unit or too to out fit other units with larger numbers, mu, or even fanatics.

Spoonie
07-12-2006, 19:27
Yeah get some different units, man. It seems like you basically just want to max out on magic and war machines, but you totally neglected the rest of the list. You can keep all that magic and war machines but still make it a dangerous list that isn't JUST a magic and shooty fest. Add some squigs, add some spider riders, get a giant. Anything to give you more options. What if you go up against dwarfs with 2 rune smiths and more war machines than you? All of a sudden you're going to have to take it to the enemy and you're going to need some fast cav to take out his machines and some hard hitting units to push the combats in your favor. I also agree with the 2 speak chukkas.

Take out 3 or 4 units of gobbos, bump the rest to 25 or 30 and give them some fanatics. Then get some fast cav with 1 or 2 units of 6 spider riders. Then get a hard hitter like a giant or a squig herd, or even some 'spider' chariots. Then you'll be a threat other than drowning your opponent in goblin blood if the magic and war machines don't do the trick.

Omegakai
07-12-2006, 21:42
While spoonie makes some good points about tattica, i lean towards theme D: and would just go for strictly night gobo