PDA

View Full Version : My new 2nd edition 40K and Necromunda site

Grimlaw
07-12-2006, 07:36
Hello everyone.

I have just finished my new 2nd edition 40k and Necromunda site and would appreciate it if you all could have a look at it and give me some feed back on what you think.

http://www.necromunda.bigpondhosting.com/

I have a brief description of what I have been up to and pictures of some of my miniatures.

I am very new to this, so any advice or constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Grimlaw

Darkseer
07-12-2006, 08:23
It looks like it was knocked together in 5 minutes.

Take a look at some more snazzy sites and learn from their example.

Grimlaw
07-12-2006, 08:53
Thank you for your feedback.

Could you recommend web site software to use?

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
07-12-2006, 10:09
looks fine, nice and simple and easy to load up.

Zark the Damned
07-12-2006, 10:44
Ouch... that site is quite painful to behold...

MSWord produces terrible, terrible html - read up on http://www.htmldog.com/ and build a proper website.

lord_fenric
07-12-2006, 13:45
Main annoyance,

The main page doesn't display properly in Fire Fox

ArtificerArmour
07-12-2006, 13:53
It crashed my IE7 twice.

StugMeister
07-12-2006, 21:27
Displays fine and dandy on Safari.

My only crit is perhaps the font size needs to be A LOT smaller.

Otherwise nice site - good to see the original Necro and 2nd 40K again!

Grimlaw
07-12-2006, 21:31
Guys, thanks to you all for the feed back.

Site has been modified. Any further suggestions or comments?

Guys, thank you for your feedback.

Zark - thank you for that address. If you aren't very keen on my web site, could you specify what in particular you don't like. If I know what bits people don't like, I can fix them.

Quin 242
09-12-2006, 03:40
The fonts are blown up too large and are pixelated because of it...

But all in all a basic introductory site. It'll get you started. If you you'd like to work on it, you'll learn as you go.

But some of the fools on here with helpful comments like "that site is quite painful to behold..." can't do any better.
It's obviously your first (or one of your first) attempts.

It's not at all painful, just sort of bland. The more you do the better it will get.

Grimlaw
09-12-2006, 08:19
Thank you Quin 242.

Yes, this is my first attempt at a website. I have absolutely no experience or knowledge, but having a go anyway. I have a 10 megabyte size limit on my site, so I face a few restrictions and decisions - mainly, fancy backgrounds Vs more photos.

My reason for even getting the website up, is because I live in a fairly remote area, where other veteran gamers are hard to find. So, I decided to use technology to help me in my search.

tenpole
09-12-2006, 09:25
I don't think I would be so worried about appearance, that can be tidied up as you go along. Start filling up the site, write a little introduction to what WH40K was and why it was so great and where it failed, why you still support second edition over the newer editions. Write an intro for necromunda, cant you get the rules on a download as it goes for this, maybe include a link to download the rules.

darkstar
09-12-2006, 14:56
If you're concerned about website space, then use photobucket.com to host your pictures.

Also, you should probably abide by Games Workshop's Intellectual Property demands and include disclaimers found here: http://uk.games-workshop.com/legal/disclaimers/1/

Grimlaw
13-12-2006, 10:30
Web site updated. New info, new pictures, links to GW's Necromunda LRB address.

GW's official disclaimer being added in the next day or two.

New comments welcome.