PDA

View Full Version : Necromunda gang name

Lord_krok
08-07-2005, 18:27
what do you think of a necro gang called the 'Necrofeliaks'(sp?) :eek: :D

Griefbringer
09-07-2005, 11:22
Are you trying to refer to necrophily? I would not really recommend threading on that area, especially if you cannot spell it properly.

I would rather recommend Necrofelix, which should translate roughly as something like "dead happy".

barbarella
09-07-2005, 13:23
Yeh i don't think they'd get much killing done if their raised troops were no more than glorified sex toys.

The boyz
09-07-2005, 15:39
Yeah I dont think thats a very aproppiate name really for your gang. How about Necroswords or Necrodeath. They sound pretty crappy names actually, thats all I could think of, off the top of my head.

Griefbringer
09-07-2005, 16:46
I don't think Necrodeath really cuts it either - the latin word necro essentially meaning death, so you just end up repeating things and sounding like a skaven: "Die-die, you foolish manlings! Squeek-squeek!"

Griefbringer

Lord_krok
09-07-2005, 17:31
thank you everybody, it was just a relly stupid suggestion that I broght up at my GW and I want another opinion. :D

Gavmo
14-07-2005, 07:16
A Necrophiliac is someone who does naughty things with dead people. I think thats what he was eluding to. :skull:

worldshatterer
14-07-2005, 07:19
How about the Necromongers? :p

Grimlaw
15-07-2005, 11:38
Big smacks!!!!

But, if they all looked like Delaques, and asked questions like "You're not affraid of the dark, are you?", then ok.

x-esiv-4c
15-07-2005, 17:56
Necromungers :D

Erwos
19-07-2005, 23:53
The Sawtooths. Give them all chainswords :).

Griefbringer
21-07-2005, 10:01
How about Necroburgers? The gang slogan could be "Tastes just like granny".

thenorm42
21-07-2005, 10:11
My old Van Saar gang was called Greyshade, and I converted them all to wear shades. Easy to make (the plastic Orlock shotgun arm is ideal when cut into slices), bugger to glue on, but they looked cool when painted up.

Essia
22-07-2005, 07:10
My old Van Saar gang was called Greyshade, and I converted them all to wear shades. Easy to make (the plastic Orlock shotgun arm is ideal when cut into slices), bugger to glue on, but they looked cool when painted up.

Never thought of cutting the plastic shotgun up to make shades, good idea.
I made one by cutting up Plasticards, but it was hard to make so small a circle. but it was completed at the end and my Escher gang leader now sports a pair of rose coloured spectacle.

dugaal
22-07-2005, 16:55
I always had trouble creating gang names, as most things i could think of sounded tacky or unoriginal, forcing me into having a placeholder name.
one easy way i found is to have some fluff behind your leader, then simple call them <leader>'s <something> (hehe, even in my example, i cant think of anything....)

EVIL INC
23-07-2005, 12:56
Offhand I would say that ANY name so long as it is not obviously offensive. Your gangs and thier imagery are yours to do as you wish. If they dont make sense, it really doesnt matter as they are not actually living in the 40k world. After all, look at the simpsons, kitty kat of doom, or whatever other silly conversions out there.
My own necromunda was named after a gang found in my old D&D games. The story was that the gang was so successfull that it had simply lasted those millenia to where it still existed and had the same imagery.

Phunting
23-07-2005, 18:26
Personally I wouldn't have a problem with 'Necrophiliacs'. Though I would only play with them amongst friends, stores and tourneys are understandably edgy about such things.