PDA

View Full Version : Red Templars

Spooky
09-07-2005, 07:47
In the recently released Space Marine Codex one of the previewed color schemes is there hereto unseen (at least by me) red/gold/black/white of the Red Templars. Has there ever been any official mentioning of the Red Templars in 40k fluff? I assume the answer is yes as all of the other chapters previewed in such a fashion were canon at one time or another.

Are they another successor chapter of the Imperial Fists? Are they a successor chapter of the Black Templars (if such a thing is possible for a non-first founding)? Any information would be appreciated.

EDIT - Blast, I meant to put this in the 40k Background section, my apologies. If someone could move it.... cheers.

dreadhead
15-01-2009, 16:59
I don't think so, as the only mention of them has been a few pictures of completed models in the various Space Marine Codices and the How to paint Space Marines book but don't let that get you down. Just come up with your own background, for instance a French one given the Fleurs-De-Lis symbol.

Condottiere
15-01-2009, 17:21
The practical thing about Space Marines is that you can come up with your own colour scheme (and chapter).

Messiah
15-01-2009, 19:28
I don't think so, as the only mention of them has been a few pictures of completed models in the various Space Marine Codices and the How to paint Space Marines book but don't let that get you down. Just come up with your own background, for instance a French one given the Fleurs-De-Lis symbol.

I think there already is one like that; red with fleur de lis. Its been seen in several editions.

edit: Ah here we go; http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Red_Templars

Leftenant Gashrog
15-01-2009, 20:20
One source ignored by Lexicanum is Insignium Astartes, wherein it is noted that the Red Templars are a codex chapter and that they denote company by the colour of the shoulderpad trim.

Are they a successor chapter of the Black Templars (if such a thing is possible for a non-first founding)? Theres no fluff about the Red Templars progenitor(s), but it is possible for successors to have successors - GW has never named such a chapter, but the Codex Astartes IA article mentions that over half of all chapters are descended from the Ultramarines "either directly or through one of the Primogenitor Chapters of the Second Founding".

Emperor's Grace
15-01-2009, 21:52
I thought that the Red Templars were a GW staffer's personal army.

Didn't WD have an article about him painting them a few years back?