PDA

View Full Version : Republic Commando enlistment

Aun'aart'al
09-07-2005, 09:13
ok so heres whats happening. If you join, your a Republic Commando, born from the DNA of Jango Fett. You are a clone of Jango Fett during his prime years. Your weapons will be a blaster rifle called a DC-17 (w/sniper and anti-armour attachments), and a vibroblade out of the wrists of your hands (built in the armour). The armour stats are based off of the book "Star Wars Republic Commando: Hard Contact." As the Game Master, I will be the Jedi, and during the time of the Grand Army (clone army), all Jedi are officers, so my character will be a Jedi Master, or a Jedi General to you clone troopers. Your character will have two names; RC (Republic Commando)-#### (ex: RC-1307), and a personal in-squad name. Some names from the novel include; Darmen, Niner, Sev, Torch.

As soon as I can plan out a decent storyline for this RPG, it can begin. Otherwise, post your character if you're interested, and I will revise it if necessary. Remember, this is based off of the book as close as possible, so nothing too bizzare or outragous please.

Aun'aart'al
09-07-2005, 09:24
Name: Lopan Govic
Species: Human (as are All clones)
Gear: Green single lightsabre, brown cloak, Jedi Master clothing, intelligence/blue print orb

warlordgrubnatz
10-07-2005, 14:18
could i be a padawan

Aun'aart'al
10-07-2005, 20:14
if you were to be a Padawan, you would need to be under my.. er.. well, I dont know what the word is, but I would have to be your Master, so I would have to be training you I suppose.. to make it make sence. Padawan Etain and Master Fulier went to Quillera at the same time and met up with the Commandos, even though Master Fulier was killed lol, so I suppose yes, but no duel/double lightsabres haha ;)

warlordgrubnatz
11-07-2005, 16:05
thanks,
name: padawan etain
race: human
weapons/ equipment: light brown padawan robes with brown cape (novice robe), yellow lightasaber, grappling hook attached to tool belt.

Darmort
11-07-2005, 16:07
Name - RC-217 Jaago
Human Clone Trooper
Rank - Foot Soldier
Equipment - DC-17, three Photon Grenades.

(I wanted a DC-15 Blaster Carbine!)

Aun'aart'al
11-07-2005, 21:02
find me the stats and if you can a picture of the DC-15, and I'll consider it. I dont want any unfair advantages/whatever between the RC's, but the picture is just a bonus, so if you cant find one, well.. describe it for me lol

marineowar
12-07-2005, 02:35
Name: RC-421 (Kell)
Species: Human (Clone)
Equipment: 4 Thermal Detonators with remote detonators and timers, DC-17 blaster rifle, 5 Photon Grenades.

If this is unacceptable just let me know and I'll edit it.
Also, is this a text based RPG or are there stats and rolling?

marineowar

Aun'aart'al
12-07-2005, 07:33
stats and rolling would be easy to cheat with, unless you all want to witness each and every roll through a webcam or something.. but yes, it will be text-based. Also, I am unaware of what "TK" stands for? RC is Republic Commando, so if you could change it to that instead, otherwise I dont have a problem with you being the demo clone.. the clone with the itchy trigger finger ;)

marineowar
12-07-2005, 08:29
Sorry about the TK, it's the stormtrooper from Episode IV. "TK-491, why aren't you at your post? TK-491, do you copy?"

It's already changed. Thanx for letting me be the Demolitions boy :D

Aun'aart'al
12-07-2005, 09:38
hmm sorry, cant say I remember that part lol but I'll take your word for it :) thanks for editing the post, and no problem, just make sure you dont blow everything up, and remember.. "P for plenty" ;)

Darmort
12-07-2005, 12:27
DC-15 Blaster Carbine, it's the average weapon of a Clone Trooper, and I can't find a picture, but you can just watch Star Wars, :p It's shorter range, without scope but it's usually got an easy grip handle.

Aun'aart'al
12-07-2005, 20:49
sorry, but being a Commando, you need to be able to have the best weapons, not the general weapons ;) The DC-17 can have Anti-armour and sniper attachments to it, while as the DC-15, well.. I dont know of Any attachments it can have :p

Darmort
12-07-2005, 22:55
Eh, fair enough then, DC-17 with their good ol' attachments, ;)

Sephiroth
13-07-2005, 09:42
Curious, would there be any rules I'd need to be familiar with, or will I merely inform my character's actions via text, and you'll be handling all the stats, rolls, etc Aun'aart'al?

Aun'aart'al
13-07-2005, 21:30
there are no roles or stats.. its just a pure-good-ol'-text-based RPG.. from the good ol' days! :p haha

Sephiroth
14-07-2005, 02:31
Well if you've got room for one more...

Name: RC-1337 "Zekk"
Species: Human (Clone)
Equipment: DC-17 (Deece) and wrist-mounted vibro-knife, katarn-RC body armour.

Taciturn and antagonistic, but loyal to his Pod-brothers regardless. Prefers to slip off alone for recon, and has developed a somewhat disturbing penchant for 'silent kills' with his retractable vibro-knife.

"Five sentries... a lil light knife work."

Aun'aart'al
14-07-2005, 20:36
Excellent! especially because you know the armours name! :p haha

ok, thats 3 Commando's and 2 Jedi. We just need 1 more Commando to make the squad, and we can start this thing

Drak Bloodhelm
14-07-2005, 21:12
*Edited to insert content*

Name: RC-2131 (Snype)
Species: Clone
Equipment: DC-17 (with attachment), wrist-mounted vibro-knife, body armour, lucky underwear.

Very macabre sense of humor. Qualified sniper, and good at it. Unnervingly detached, about what he does. Sometimes finds himself pondering questions he doesn't know the answer to.

"He never saw it coming..."

Aun'aart'al
14-07-2005, 22:49
mwahahaha now we can begin :evilgrin:

gimme a short bit to finish the beginning plot, and we can get this train rolling

Darmort
15-07-2005, 15:11
Aun'aart'al, you do know Jango was a Mandalorian, so aren't the Clones 'Mandalores'?
Eh, probably doesn't matter, Master Jedi, let's go.

Can I pull the chain to blow the whistle?! Please! :p

Aun'aart'al
15-07-2005, 19:43
yes it is odd, I know that Jango Fett was a Mandalorean, but yet it makes mention that the Clones are Human, not Mandalorean, so perhaps while creating the Grand Army, they were implanted with Human D.N.A.?

and I still havent decided on a planet yet, so gimme a second :p

Sephiroth
15-07-2005, 20:15
Um... Mandalorians were a faction, an army of mercenaries. Their species was human, but the organisation was called Mandalorian. :) Far as I know.

warlordgrubnatz
15-07-2005, 20:54
no they are a completly different race. They live much longer than humans and are more tough and resilient. AS far as i know they also show little fear.

Drak Bloodhelm
15-07-2005, 21:28
no they are a completly different race. They live much longer than humans and are more tough and resilient. AS far as i know they also show little fear.

Hmm...

*EDIT*

I found some information on them.

Mandalorian Supercomandos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandalorian)

marineowar
16-07-2005, 00:07
Jango was never a Mandalorian. They were almost wiped out in some war 1000's of years ago iirc. Possibly Jango was trained by some of the remaining Mandalorians but he is Human

Darmort
16-07-2005, 11:31
Jango Fett is definitely a Mandalorian, he's the Prime Clone of Boba Fett, and I read a book where it said that Boba was a Mandalore, the fact that George Lucas's stamp of approval was on the front cover made it an offical source.
The fact that Jango's escaped Uvo IV five times, the only person to do it more than twice, the last was when he got that 20,000 year old Police Persuit Vessal, and seeing as I've got a cousin reading every Star Wars source available... ;)

warlordgrubnatz
16-07-2005, 14:03
boba fett is jango fetts son/ clone, they are both mandalorians

Aun'aart'al
16-07-2005, 21:52
yeah in Attack of the Clones it proves that Jango Fett is the "Father" of Boba Fett. Boba Fett is the altered clone of Jango Fett. He requested that he have an un-accelerated clone for a son, and the Kaminoians even made mention to Obi-Wan about that, and he thought it was odd, and then they had that whole.. blaster/lightsaber fight thing out by the Fett's ship before he managed to take off

Sephiroth
18-07-2005, 23:30
Just so I have a heads up, when will the RP begin Aun'aart'al? :)

Aun'aart'al
19-07-2005, 00:05
sorry guys, went to the beach and got a 2nd degree sunburn on 60% of my body.. if I had gotten a 3rd degree I would be in the hospital right now fighting for my life.. but I will get it started right now