PDA

View Full Version : Relictors

azazel_fallenangel
11-12-2006, 11:01
I'm thinking of starting a Relictors force, but am not sure of the rules to use.
I have the WD with the random deamon weapon rules, but now that they are excommunicated from the imperium, wouldn't it be easier to use the Codex Chaos? :confused:
Thanks for any help.

==Me==
11-12-2006, 11:04
Those WD rules are no longer official with the new marine Codex, so you'll need opponents permission to use them. However, you could probably use the Chaos Codex to represent their current state (apart from daemon weapon, steer clear of the overly chaosy stuff like actual daemons, oblits, defilers, etc).

Gaebriel
11-12-2006, 11:19
Some players will let you use the older ruleset in conjunction with the newer Codex, as Relictors have not been directly replaced by a new (traited) version. However make sure to check with your regular opponents beforehand, and better have an alternative ruleset (plain vanilla or traited) at hand in case a tournament organizer declines.

I would allow to use them based on the new Codex with the options takeable from the Chaos Codex as written.

azazel_fallenangel
11-12-2006, 11:58
I suppose I wouldn't be able to use those Radical items either, or daemonhunter Inquisitors and Daemonhosts with Codex: Chaos Marines.
I'm not really looking for a tourny army, just fun, but what tips would you give me on playing Relictors? Force Selection,Tactics, Etc...

Sedekiel
11-12-2006, 12:16
You have to have your opponents permission in using the IA items, that is true but there is nothing stoping you from making a really fluffy Relictors Army by combining a Relictors pure Codex force with a Radical Inquisitor and a couple of Daemonhosts.
There is a talk in B&C about special rules for some chapters (including the Relictors) to make them SM Codex compatible. No dramatic changes, the items, named weapons and chaos banners all moved to the Relics/artefacts section of the wargear while the "common" Daemonic weapons have a 0-1 limit and are in the wargear section... http://bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showforum=65

As far as tactics are concerned Relictors are a pure codex chapter everything that could work with an ordinary chapter works for them to. The thing that could give you an edge in battle could actually be a Radical with a retinue and some Daemonhosts. I dont think that anyone expects this from a SM player...

If you insist on a full Relictors tactica I have one around here somewhere. If you wish I can post it. Just give me a heads up...

Cheers fdr

ss_cherubael
11-12-2006, 13:53
just use traited marines with the set backs, not allowed to take allies and something else, and take some cool traits that you like to balance...
the demon weapon thing was alright but not great, and they are still not totally chaos worshippers they still believe they are doing the right thing for the imperium and so i wouldnt use the chaos codex...

Bork
11-12-2006, 14:36
The only thing really stopping marines from taking radical inquisitors or deamonhosts is the "we stand alone" drawback. So any "traited" or codex DYI chapter could use them.