PDA

View Full Version : Anima? Any ideas?

Darkseer
11-12-2006, 13:37
http://animarpg.com/

Is it an RPG, a miniatures game or what? Looks snazzy, but I dunno...

Son of the Lion
11-12-2006, 14:51
Seems to be a bit of everything doesn't it? Interesting idea, launching a CCG/miniature game/RPG simultaneously. My buddy runs a comic/gaming shop - has a listing for the CCG, nothing else though.

Yog_Sothoth
11-12-2006, 15:13
Hm, this Shinigami chick looks hawt. Probably getting that fig.

Pokpoko
11-12-2006, 16:30
cool. i'v visited the page a while ago,but only the wierd Evil guy was up back then. now, i'm sold on the Light faction, the priestess and the "knight" are great models. after reading the info on the page, it seems it's quite reasonable setting, and the fact that the writers are western means that at least some of the...absurds of JRPG will be kept in check. i'v been seriously considering starting WM or some other skirmish, but after seeing that, i think i'll wait and see how it develops rules-wise.

jazzdude78
11-12-2006, 18:23
The ccg is supposdely not collectible so thats a plus
the 3 games are all basically standalone (though I suspect minis will work fine with the RPG)

both forums have rules posted in them in english and a PDF is supposed to be posted sometime soon

my biggest complaint is the premium price the game is asking for (10 a fig currently)
though the minis are quite nice

Pokpoko
11-12-2006, 20:00
10$? it's exactly the same price GW calls for their hero blisters;)

*edit* a question: does anyone know of an European online shop that carries the english version of the game? cuz it seems that every country has the RB in it's national language, and i'm not willing to learn french to play the game:D

Senbei
18-12-2006, 22:35
Yeahhhh... Saw a load of these in my LGS.... six to seven GBP (so closer to $12 to $14 here) a figure... With the 2 mini funky little boxes being 14 to 16 each (vague memory, can't be more accurate). Some nice mini's but they are a) expensive, and... b) you can't actualy see what's in each blister because the character card (which only has an'artists rendition of the characters face' on it) gets in the way.... Good Idea for a game... Nice Mini's... needs a marketing rethink.

P.S. Each of the two mini boxes I've seen contains two figures... From what I've witnessed each box has a 'cool' sculpt accompanied by another which just so happens to bee an utter dog of a sculpt (if I remember correctly)...

jazzdude78
18-12-2006, 23:29
The light ones pretty good IMHO
the priestess is great and the warrior while goofy isnt terrible
the male in the dark set wasnt my cup of tea and the figs in it are fiddly

dunno about a UK shop though

Persephone
19-12-2006, 16:24
I got the two starter sets and all of the extra miniatures out right now and I'm pretty happy with the game. Many of the sculpts are quite good and I like the game mechanics, too.

The game is played with a d10 and it's similar to Warmachine but each of your models is a warcaster and has special attacks and powers. Activation goes back and forth between players.

Each model has an accompanying card which has the character's powers and spells. Tokens, which are included in the starter sets, are placed on the character's cards and you remove a token for every point you want to spend on an action such as movement or combat. Spells and special attacks cost more tokens. At the end of each turn, the tokens are replenished at a certain rate depending on your characters statistics. Characters also have limits on how many tokens they can have total.

Also, tokens can be spent out of your turn to react, dodge or counterattackswhile your opponent is making an action.

I think it's intended as a game to be played with at most 10 models and generally around 6-8, but maybe the game will be expanded in the future.

Brandir
19-12-2006, 17:24
Just seen this game. Artwork is beautiful. very tempted to go out and buy it. But any suggestions as to where from in the UK?

Senbei
22-12-2006, 12:49
Fanboy3 in Manchester stocks it.... Can't help otherwise..... I don't get around enough. lol.

Brandir
22-12-2006, 13:01
Leisure Games too.

Pokpoko
22-12-2006, 16:24
thanks guys! (especially Brandir, since the shop he mentioned has a online version). i'v already managed to get one other guy to consider the game, and after the whole christmass madness passes i think there will be an order of two starters to check the game out;)

Brandir
22-12-2006, 19:45
thanks guys! (especially Brandir, since the shop he mentioned has a online version). i'v already managed to get one other guy to consider the game, and after the whole christmass madness passes i think there will be an order of two starters to check the game out;)

You are welcome!

I hope you post some feedback about the game and a full review!

Brandir
06-01-2007, 17:56
Received my Dark and Light starter boxes today. Initial look through: beautiful packaging, nice idea everything needed in a box, necks on models look a little long. We'll see.