PDA

View Full Version : [BFG] Defense Monitor Blister?

IncrediSteve
12-12-2006, 02:19
When browsing the different GW sites around the world, I've noticed nearly all of them have different contents for the Defense Monitor blister pack.

The US site has a picture of 3 defense monitors, and lists the contents as one DM and 2 system ships.

The UK site has a picture of a Defense Monitor and 5 little ships, and lists the contents as 1 DM and 4 sprues of system ships.

The Canadian site has a picture of 4 Defense Monitors, and lists the contents as 5 sprues of DM's.

The German site has a Picture of a Defense Monitor and 2 bases with smaller ships on them, which could be the "system ships" built from the mentioned "sprues" that would be the same as the US site's description.

So what I want to know is... which is it?! Does each site carry a unique blister, are they all just ambiguous descriptions of the same contents, or what? Has anyone bought or seen these blisters? Preferably the UK one, as it looks to be the most appealing.

Thanks for any insight in advance.

USABOB
13-12-2006, 00:14
I'm pretty sure that all of them are 1 Defense monitor and 4 srues of system ships. That is what you get from the Canadian online store anyways, despite what the description says.

IncrediSteve
13-12-2006, 00:37
but what is a "sprue of system ships"? Are there two ships on each sprue? Parts on each Sprue? 3 with one and 1 with two?

USABOB
13-12-2006, 02:15
They are single piece ships, there are two ships to a "sprue" and most of them are maybe twice the size of a bomber (the ordnance model). The only multiple piece ship is the defense monitor, which has two pieces.