PDA

View Full Version : New Chaos Jugernaut

FarseerUshanti
13-12-2006, 20:30
Saw this on 40k Online. This is an excerpt taken from a poster who said he eats lunch at the same place as jes Goodwin and has conversations with him occasionally. He also actually saw the prototype model

"THE NEW JUGGERNAUT!!

Description:

The new Juggernaut is slightly larger than the existing one - it stands upon a rock outcrop - with the front standing proud. It looks more like a huge cat rather than a hippo - a lot of muscle tone is already there on the front, with the back looking almost engineered.

after I had stopped slobbering over it, I asked the estimable Mr Goodwin whether this was to be WFB exclusive, a regiment or character mount, or was it going to have a 40K rider as well - his answers are as follows:

1) Due to the points cost, a regiment of juggs would only be at most 4 models large due to the new points cost given in the proposed new army list (yes you heard that right)
2) there will be a 40k rider for it when the new chaos codex comes out.

It seems that the new Chaos WFB army book and 40K codex will come out in the same year - and Jes is busy working on lots of new stuff for both - this is why we havent seen plstic chaos termies yet..... it seems that they are being held back for this BIG event, along with the new daemon engines."

Invid
13-12-2006, 20:33
That sounds cool. I have also heard that there might be specific codexes for each Chaos Legion? Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeench, Slannesh- any word on that?

Jon_Irenicus
13-12-2006, 21:42
Yes, because Chaos needs a Juggernaut as much as the Marines need new bikes... :rolleyes:

Can´t they start working on anything that isn´t male, and doesn´t wear power armour? (well, she-male if we count Noise Marines...)

New minis are always welcome, but as cool as that new guy sounds, I´d rather have Dark Eldar.

Brizzle
13-12-2006, 21:47
A Chaos Codex sooner than expected would make sense. With Orks pushed back to early 2008, and Cypher not having rules in the new DA codex, but a new model, maybe we can expect Chaos mid to late 07.

Although, they are focusing alot on power armour lately.

lord_blackfang
13-12-2006, 21:59
Wow, so Jes Goodwin brings his WIP models with him to the cafeteria? Gimme a break. I call ********.

FarseerUshanti
13-12-2006, 22:27
I dunno this guy is usually pretty legit with rumors in my experience.
Also. I'm still hearing orks as late 07. About the same time as the Eldar were released this year or maybe in early December. i'm also still hearing Chaos for 2008 in the same timeframe although the way GW does things there is sitll a psosibility to change release dates. Also with the claim of both chaos codexes being released at the same time if anyone knows the fantasy army book queue that could give us an idea of our 40k release window

Grimtuff
13-12-2006, 22:30
Wow, so Jes Goodwin brings his WIP models with him to the cafeteria? Gimme a break. I call ********.

Agreed, GW designers would not really go walking off their work's premises with pre-production stuff to "randomly" show to people. As great a guy that Jes is, I doubt he'd be that chummy to people with things of this nature.

FarseerUshanti
13-12-2006, 22:36
Yea i can certainly see how it doesn;t seem likely, but I trust him for such rumors.

here is the link to the post
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=127610.0

MarksmanCypher
13-12-2006, 22:41
New Juggernaut AND plastic termies.

I think I'm going to cry with joy :)

sabre4190
13-12-2006, 22:43
I personally love the current jugger. Still the rider could be better and any model can be improved. I can't wait to see it myself, and since i might be starting a chaos army soon it could convince me to do khorne.

bertcom1
13-12-2006, 22:51
A new juggernaut might be nice.

However.

(c) 40 Online Exclusive - Do NOT repost on any other forum!! Please get yer own stuff (this means you warseer)

Why did you post this juggernaut rumour to Warseer?

Marshal2Crusaders
13-12-2006, 23:15
i guess somone didnt want to listen to the warning on the bottom

warmaster
13-12-2006, 23:24
that warning might have been added after our dude posted, as the post was edited...

I dont really like the current jugger, so this will be interesting if true.

FarseerUshanti
14-12-2006, 00:53
woops

definitly didn't see that. But that isn't suprising. Since 40k Online updated the look of the site I have rarely been able to get into topics to even read and even then they are sometimes construed. My apologies

Jon_Irenicus
14-12-2006, 01:06
c) 40 Online Exclusive - Do NOT repost on any other forum!! Please get yer own stuff (this means you warseer)

I sure hope this is a joke.

*eh-hem*

Really, Blackfang, you raised a good point there. Maybe he had it with him just to show someone else?
Jes works in misterious ways... anyway, I sure hope that the Ork ´dex doesn´t get pushed back. Even though everybody´s saying it´s going to be, it just doesn´t make sense.
And if someone mentions the "problems with the sprue" thing again, I´ll scream. That one was the "reason" for the first mentioned delay of the ´dex/orky goodies about six months ago or something.

I´m optimistic, and I like to think that people who show up on these forums are well intentioned. While I have no real reason to trust him, I think that at 250+ posts, he´s not there to make fun of people. At least, I hope so.

fyrblckdragon
14-12-2006, 01:12
I just want to have the 60000 thread on this section of the forums...

A cat- Jugger would match the look of the flesh hounds, and that would make sense, as the daemons are not being redone as far as we know.

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
14-12-2006, 01:25
What id love for chaos : plastic daemons...hey an evil-robot can wish!!

Occulto
14-12-2006, 01:44
They released things for a few races with Cities of Death. Could this be similar? ie not a complete Chaos re-release, but part of a campaign or new book?

FarseerUshanti
14-12-2006, 01:51
well the next release like that is apocolypta i believe which is larger scale 40k battles. I don't really see this as being a sort of release for that as something like a deamon engine would be more in the spirit of things but it is possible

Occulto
14-12-2006, 03:43
No, but the rumour suggests (by using the word regiment) that it might be a WHFB release first, and that a 40K rider would be released afterwards when the Chaos codex was redone.

Who knows? I just know that both new Ork or Chaos codex were nowhere in sight when they released the Ork Kommandos and Nurgle Daemon Prince.

There's also the fact that the guy also says "prototype model" could mean that it was simply the green that Jes (or whoever) was working on and is a long way from being ready to hit the shelves. It could be being revised between now and it's release date, plus all the technical bits like cutting it up in order to be cast etc.

I'm not jumping for joy and planning a new khorneate list, but I'm not dismissing it as complete ******** either. :D

Hrogoff the Destructor
14-12-2006, 03:44
I'm really interested to see these juggernauts in person. There was a point I was going to buy some of the current ones, but the lack of special movement curbed my interest in them.

shabbadoo
14-12-2006, 04:15
You know, the designers commonly carry a folder filled with clear platic slip covers that hold these things called *pictures*. These *pictures* commonly include not only things called *concept sketches*, but also things called *photos*. It is very possbile that Jes carries such a folder with him. We see such folders at every single convention.

Jes toting an actual working model around? Probably not, unless there is a hard deadline and he's taking his work home with him, or just showing it to get an opinion/reaction. You never know. 40K Chaos looks to be released in Fall 2008, and some of the this stuff(the Chaos engines specifically) are also most likely linked with Codex: Apocalypse, so it seems possible that some rumors related to these projects might start to leak out here and there right about...now.

Luna de hierro
14-12-2006, 06:19
Yes, because Chaos needs a Juggernaut as much as the Marines need new bikes... :rolleyes:

Can´t they start working on anything that isn´t male, and doesn´t wear power armour? (well, she-male if we count Noise Marines...)

New minis are always welcome, but as cool as that new guy sounds, I´d rather have Dark Eldar.

I second that... :rolleyes:

Mojaco
14-12-2006, 08:34
Proposed army list? That's a joke right there. I'm guessing Chaos isn't due for quite some time. If anything after orks I'd put my money on blood angels. And for WFB i'm guessing skaven, vampire counts and elves (dark or high) for the next releases, in random order. Not chaos. Chaos looks and plays just fine.

Pure speculation though. Just like this thread :D

Blessed Knight
14-12-2006, 08:47
You know, the designers commonly carry a folder filled with clear platic slip covers that hold these things called *pictures*. These *pictures* commonly include not only things called *concept sketches*, but also things called *photos*. It is very possbile that Jes carries such a folder with him. We see such folders at every single convention.

Jes toting an actual working model around? Probably not, unless there is a hard deadline and he's taking his work home with him, or just showing it to get an opinion/reaction. You never know. 40K Chaos looks to be released in Fall 2008, and some of the this stuff(the Chaos engines specifically) are also most likely linked with Codex: Apocalypse, so it seems possible that some rumors related to these projects might start to leak out here and there right about...now.

considering it was in Bugmans, it could have been a working lunch.

Lastie
14-12-2006, 09:38
I'll be taking this rumour with a healthy dose of sodium chloride; couple of things seem rather odd. Still a new juggernaut would be nice, if only for the conversion opportunities.

Darkseer
14-12-2006, 10:13
If this rumour has come from 40Konline I'll take it with a pinch of salt AND a dash of lemon!

Luke
14-12-2006, 10:26
If it is true, it's about bloody time, the current one looks like some kind of 50p a go carnival ride.

75hastings69
14-12-2006, 10:28
I have also been told there is a new Juggernaut model, but for WFB first, to go with the new Chaos plastics for WFB. So this rumour may not be, as some call it, *********!

Shibboleth
14-12-2006, 11:10
I'm the Juggernaut, btch!
:p

Anyway, if the WIP model is so catlike and muscled at the front but 'engineered-looking' at the back, maybe there is front armour yet to be added?
Which may yet make it more in keeping with the current look?

Brushmonkey
14-12-2006, 11:38

I veto that ********. I saw the Carnifex a looong time before release as Mr Goodwin had it with him in Bugmans.

So I can't guarantee that this rumour is true, but I can guarantee that WIP models turn up in Bugmans from time to time.

TheSanityAssassin
14-12-2006, 16:29
Hmmm....new chaos codex....wonder if I should hold back on my alpha legion?

sanctusmortis
14-12-2006, 16:36
It sounds like a Pinky from Doom 3 - pretty much exactly what I've hoped for!

Hopefully it'll still have loads of Khornate hallmarks.

darrylnin
14-12-2006, 17:08
T'was me who posted the rumour.....

A couple of things - (and no, this isn't a flame)

The only time I posted here was months ago, and I posted a few things that I had heard whilst in Warhammer World, and Bugman's to be more specific. And several people here called me a liar and worse. I resolved at the time, in a thread which became abusive (something I regret in hindsight) not to post here again.

I tend to spend quite a bit of time in there, as I can work from a laptop, and get the chance to do so on a regular basis.

As such, I have made passing aquaintance with quite a few of the Dev Team, the artists and the WD crew. From this, I get to see a bit of stuff from time to time, and this was one of those times.

Yes Jes DOES bring stuff down for people to take a peek at - he uses almost as a focus group to see if the players will like it - after all don't we all like to bask in glory of a job well done?

The box he uses is a standard GW brown box - very unassuming, very non descript - if you saw it sitting on the table you wouldn't give it a second look.

I wasn't the only one in there - Simon (big guy, beard long hair) who works in WW store was there also.

Now, If you guys want to 'call' me on this, fair enough - just remove any reference to my information on here, and we'll call it quits.

I get to hear a lot of stuff way before it hits any website - I have agreed that unless given explicit permission, I will not disseminate the information in any way - the only time I do is when they say I can. This was one of the times when I could. One time when I couldn't was for the FW Avatar - I knew 12 months ago about it and didn't say anything until early summer this year.

So, like I say - will a Mod please remove any and all information pertaining to the juggernaut on this thread - I will ALWAYS mark my threads on any other site (c) Darrylnin - if this appears please respect my wishes and do not copy the information contained within without first asking my permission.

I'm sure you are all a great bunch of guys - but once bitten twice shy.

Thanks.

Darryl.

Ozendorph
14-12-2006, 17:20
That's what my Warseer experience was missing this morning...Drama!

gorgon
14-12-2006, 17:25
Not chaos. Chaos looks and plays just fine.

But Chaos SELLS, and that's what will drive their decisionmaking.

Warsmith Strader
14-12-2006, 17:36
Wow, it goes for rumored plastic terminators to a new juggernaut... what's next... Plastic Greater Daemons!

Jon_Irenicus
14-12-2006, 19:55
T'was me who posted the rumour.....

A couple of things - (and no, this isn't a flame)
I'm sure you are all a great bunch of guys - but once bitten twice shy.
Thanks.

Darryl.

I can understand you´re a bit felt against the Warseer community, but most people here aren´t bad, just notoriously distrusful of a first time poster giving away info, especially important one. I´ve received, erm, less than polite statements here, and I´ve made quite a few without realising it. People eventually relate, and after that it´s a nice place to spend the night.

It´s a big forum, and I was there on Portent too, and I saw a very good poster, who always had lots of rumours to tell (and about 95% right about them) being insulted by a new user who demanded that a mod confirm the rumour.

As you can see, a forum with a lot of users - Warseer probably is one of the biggest communities - means that eventually someone will be stepped on. I am to say, however, that very few (which is to say, none at all) times I´ve seen disrespectful members who enjoy being cynical and witty towards others going unpunished.

I´ll gladly believe what you said, because you seemed honest enough on your post. And furthermore, I hope you´re not totally discouraged from posting here again, and try to enjoy the other discussion threads - rumours are the most frenetic ones, true, but some are just for pleasent chit-chat about what´s and what´s not.

Anyway, good find, and if you meet mr. Goodwyn again, tell him... uh...
tell him he´s Wolverine*.

(and tell him I´m sorry for such a lame compliment)

(*the best at what he does!)

Bloodknight
14-12-2006, 20:38
Yeah, it was always funny to see people questioning Brother Frog...

Melchiah
14-12-2006, 21:46
In regards to 40konline's claim....can you "claim" rights to a rumour? :confused:
Rumours are techniclly just "gosip" and talk.

The Dude
14-12-2006, 22:46
I think darrylnin has every right to defend his rumours, but I also think he should try not to get so upset over some of the more staunchly sceptical members out there. Coming back with that very eloquent explanation of the situation would have been more than enough to put most at ease. Although there are still many out there who wouldn’t believe a rumour that the sky was blue, and others still that would believe it, but take it as a sign that it was falling :D.

That said, if darrylnin want’s to take his rumours and leave, that’s disappointing, but fine. I’m sorry he let the rougher elements get to him. What I don’t agree with is people now ripping into him for feeling that way. All you are doing is more effectively isolating a member of the community who may later down the track feel comfortable in engaging again.

So ease up guys.

fattdex
14-12-2006, 22:49
I find the drama queen antics of some rumour-mongers to be a bit out of hand. You gotta take a step back and think about what we are talking about here.

Arch-Traitor Horus
14-12-2006, 22:52
so looks like the year of chaos is coming back around

ankara halla
14-12-2006, 22:55
I don't think it's the "what" but the "how" we talk about here.

Also, the rumors he posts are his words, written by him. If he's not happy about his words being copy/pasted to another forum (without even credit or source) I'm with the guy.

FarseerUshanti
14-12-2006, 23:13
I did give him credit and did link to the site in a slightly later post. That said i did not see the last sentence or two he had regarding the rumor for reasons I have put in a previous post.

That said I have no problem taking the rumor from the site because it is not copyrighted material in addition to the fact it would have been mentioned here or on another forum at some time sooner or later while citing him as the source.

That part over it does seem like there will be some nice chaos goodness in some timespan. Maybe I need to go pcik some chaos guys up with rumors of plastic terminators also...

Occulto
14-12-2006, 23:37
I find the drama queen antics of some rumour-mongers to be a bit out of hand. You gotta take a step back and think about what we are talking about here.

I think some of the nay-sayers need to stop biting the hand that feeds them rumours. ;)

Seen it a lot before. Someone comes onto Warseer (or used to on Portent) with a rumour they've heard. They're excited and all the thanks they get is a bunch of terse: "Source?" or "I call BS" posts.

No wonder that a poster thinks: "why bother?"

Ozendorph
14-12-2006, 23:42
I think the skepticism is natural after some of the whoppers that have been tossed around in the past. That said, it would pay to be more polite when questioning others' information.

Occulto
15-12-2006, 00:01
I think the skepticism is natural after some of the whoppers that have been tossed around in the past.

Well that's someone's fault for treating this forum as "Confirmed Leaks" rather than "Rumours" isn't it?

I never 100% believe any rumour until it's right there in the codex in front of me... but given GW's proof reading track record even then it can be dubious. :D

There's also the fact that rumours will always change too. So someone from the Studio might have said "X, Y and Z" because that's what he's been told is going to happen, and someone higher up in the chain vetoes it afterwards. Businesses change decisions (for whatever reasons) all the time. So if someone like Gav or Alessio can get it wrong, anyone can.

Take a look at the list of models that have never been released but photos have been posted on here. Usually a photo of a WIP model in a GD cabinet is pretty definitive. But it's been shown that's still no guarantee.

That said, it would pay to be more polite when questioning others' information.

Exactly.

Jon_Irenicus
15-12-2006, 05:32
I believe this© (http://www.sweetwaterhsa.com/~terryc/Waambulance.jpg) is an image of what darrylnin is saying...

So, you read about someone that is visibly upset, and you keep on going and pushing it? I don´t know what kind of pleasure you take from it, but the way I see it, it´s one of the lowest levels of education.

He has done nothing to insult or provoke, and his attitude, it seems, has been of keeping other people informed with what he learned first hand, so I would take it as an altruistic attitude since he has nothing to gain with it.
If you none-the-less fail to grasp the simple fact that the man might be here just to share his piece and try to make someone happy, then I would said that you are just here for the trolling and nothing else. If you like, we can continue this discussion over PM, if you feel that someone needs to be played on.

I can find a couple of images to post what I think of cynical, spiteful and bashful behavior, but they´d be edited out because this is a forum for everyone, including children.

But anyone insisting on that behavior probably relates somehow to the chap in this
image (http://www.geocities.com/ynot_tony.geo/Dork.jpg).

Just my, I-hope-the-last-about-this, two cents.

Mojaco
15-12-2006, 07:53
Copyright? COPYRIGHT?

That's funny. You have to feel real good about yourself to do that. "Oooh, I knew something you didn't. Whenever you tell someone this rumour you have to say you got it from me, so everyone knows there is but one original! Bow down!"
I was starting to believe you were genuine until that part of your post.

If anyone wishes to reply, please don't use the quote button; the above is copyrighted.

Brimstone
15-12-2006, 10:10
OK a few things to cover off here

In regards to 40konline's claim....can you "claim" rights to a rumour? :confused:
Rumours are techniclly just "gosip" and talk.

To answer that no but it’s not 40k online making the claim its darrylnin please do not assume a member of a particular forum speaks for the entire site.

We will not be getting into that’s a rumour from site XX you can’t post it, a couple of reasons

1) because there is no way to enforce it, you have posted information onto a forum viewable by the public it’s now fair game (there are exceptions to this images for example – The Waagh forum had pictures of the Kommandos the original poster removed them from that forum and then asked we remove them as well, we complied although they were still posted elsewhere).

2) If a site (as a whole) did this I’d ask that any rumours sourced from me/Warseer not be posted elsewhere which would cause a few problems for other sites :p obviously this is ridiculous when we post rumours everybody is welcome to repost them anywhere as long as they give suitable credit. The only thing I will take action on is if someone uses my pbase site to link from, I pay for this myself in order to give Warseer members a good service.

OK onto another matter.

The only time I posted here was months ago, and I posted a few things that I had heard whilst in Warhammer World, and Bugman's to be more specific. And several people here called me a liar and worse. I resolved at the time, in a thread which became abusive (something I regret in hindsight) not to post here again.

The only person who became abusive was you when your information was queried. If you disagree with what someone posted you can do that without breaking forum rules, or if you think the mods need to be involved then use the report button. I’m sorry it soured you on Warseer but you really need to learn not take it personally.

Now it doesn’t really matter if you are right or wrong this is the internet where ignorance is common (not yours), I learnt a long time ago that once I post a rumour (that may be correct or it may be wrong) then it’s up to others to accept it or not, I’m not going to try and force people to believe it and I’ll not be bothered if they choose not to.

So this thread will remain open and as for a new Jugger I haven’t seen it but I do know a new one is on it’s way.

Tymell
15-12-2006, 10:17
So this thread will remain open and as for a new Jugger I haven’t seen it but I do know a new one is on it’s way.

And about time :D Might finally get that Fantasy daemonic chariot done...

Tyron
15-12-2006, 11:42
The issue with darrylnin is what he posts cant be copy writed BUT if the information ius copyed then they should tell whee they got it from and possibly provide a link to it.

It's only fair.

Brimstone
15-12-2006, 11:51
If you are posting rumours from another site you should always give a link to the site/thread in question and credit the appropriate poster.

Gaz
15-12-2006, 20:54
If they release a new Jugger model, I will probably end up restarting my khorne army again.

damn them all.

Tyron
30-12-2006, 23:10
I woud just like to say, I spoke with the local GW manager today about seeing stuff on warseer and mentioned about JEs bringing models down. He had t go up there for a manager's meeting and said he went in the smoking room and saw Jes pull out a model with spikes and showed people.

So yes thie OP is telling the truth.

Jon_Irenicus
31-12-2006, 01:21
No, but there could be some respect shown for the guy. Frankly, from the "drama" he made to the "drama" some other users are making, I don´t know which is worst.

I´ve seen a lot of people posting rumours and being burned and trolled for it. I guess it doesn´t pay to post rumours if you´ve got a post count below 500, and even then it´s quite dangerous.

philbrad2
31-12-2006, 07:20
+ + WarSeer =I= + +

BRIM has already posted moderation comment and trimmed O/T posts about this topic. A reminder. Keep the thread replies on topic, constructive and relevant or the thread will be closed.

Regardless if posters have 1 or 1 million posts to their credit if they supply good information with the ability to provide some back up of their claims then they should at least be listened to.

We all know thread that start 'a read shirt told me this ...' are dubious, but occasionally prove correct and can at least assist qualifying a rumour or news so don't dismiss them 100%.

Play nice.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ + WarSeer =I= + +

Christine
31-12-2006, 09:35
Drama aside...

If there's a new jugger coming out in the future then that's really excellent news although like some of the other posters I personally feel the only major problem with the current kit is the rider.

Toxxys
31-12-2006, 20:51
Wow, I'm glad that was settled...

Drama aside, I'm always happy to see old (crappy) models get updated. It is quite annoying seeing an entire new range of miniatures blemished with old designs that are outdated.

It's nice to know that Jes is working on at least one chaos mount... now I would like for him to make the other ones (and a generic one).

I think that marketing chaos early because it sells is a horrible strategy. Maybe orks would have had better sales if they had a complete range when their codex came out. I think a better marketing strategy would be to support all your ranges equally, then you could get nice sales across the board.

As seen in current trends: when a new codex comes out and a new range of models released with it, people will buy a lot of it. I think the idea of pushing chaos sooner because they sell well now is bad. They sell well now because they got a proper release, they should strengthen their other releases.

Lieutenant Ranik
01-01-2007, 18:38
I believe it. The curret Juggernaut looks terrible and it's rider is just as atrocious. His weapons are boxy, he has no detail, and his pose is very non-threatening. The Juggernaut itself is just as boxy, it seems only mechanical, which is more Iron Warrior than World Eater. It needs some flesh, bone, and muscle. A redo of the model would make so much sense, so I believe it and support it.

I also hope they are making Chaos Terminators in plastic. That'd allow for more dynamic poses and certainly some badass accessory sprues. Also, has anyone heard any rumors about making god-specific accessory sprues for the Chaos Warriors regiment in WFB? It was mentioned in a White Dwarf when the Warriors were released and I am wondering if this went anywhere. The article also mentioned plastic Chaos Knights and the two kits being interchangeable and compatible. Anyone know anything about this?