PDA

View Full Version : Red Templars Space Marine Chapter

Spooky
09-07-2005, 23:35
In the recently released Space Marine Codex one of the previewed color schemes is there hereto unseen (at least by me) red/gold/black/white of the Red Templars. Has there ever been any official mentioning of the Red Templars in 40k fluff? I assume the answer is yes as all of the other chapters previewed in such a fashion were canon at one time or another.

Are they another successor chapter of the Imperial Fists? Are they a successor chapter of the Black Templars (if such a thing is possible for a non-first founding)? Any information would be appreciated.

Rabid Bunny 666
09-07-2005, 23:43
i think its just a generic chapter

schoon
10-07-2005, 00:59
The short answer is "no," there really hasn't been any official mention worth - um - mentioning ;)

Morgain
10-07-2005, 02:10
Absolutely a new chapter, no fluff, no indiction of parent chapter, ect

Eldacar
10-07-2005, 03:49
What Morgain said. Feel free to create your own fluff for it. Unless GW plans to release the fluff for them at a later date.

Randallw
10-07-2005, 06:11
I think I read they have ties to the Ecclesiarchy, hence the fleur de lis, ala SOB. However whether that was something official or some fan stuff I don't know.

=][=Danek=][=
10-07-2005, 18:48
They seem to be a biker Chapter,since I have yet to see one not on a bike.

Rabid Bunny 666
10-07-2005, 18:49
but theres only one pic ;)

Brimstone
10-07-2005, 19:00
I think I read they have ties to the Ecclesiarchy, hence the fleur de lis, ala SOB. However whether that was something official or some fan stuff I don't know.

Probably not as the Ecclesiarchy are not allowed "men under arms" so any link would very tenous at best.

Col.Gravis
10-07-2005, 22:12
I would assume rather then a link to Ecclesiarchy the Fleur de lis is more related to them being a 'Knightly' kinda chapter, but replacing warhorse with Bike as their steeds ;)

Nazguire
11-07-2005, 01:30
The Red Templars are no more than a couple of bikes painted for the Space Marine Codex. So by all means flesh them out, do what you want with them. Seeing as the only picture is of them on a bike, it might be a fair bet that they are a bike mounted Chapter.

I'm more of a fan of the Mentor Legion myself in that Codex. At least they have a history :D